RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default The Other NATO country

shrike6 04-27-2004, 07:05 PM All the NATO countries are covered in some form in the Twilight books but one, the tiny giant of Luxembourg. I am curious as to what you guys think was it a party to war like the Netherlands or did it stay out and become a part of the French Union like Belgium?

TR 04-27-2004, 07:22 PM Well the first vote is cast for what it's worth... I say they went against France and sided with NATO. Creates further tension in the region...

TR

pmulcahy 04-27-2004, 09:23 PM In my image of T2K, Luxembourg is occupied by France after a ferocious fight. However, their military (about a brigade in strength, IIRC), and droves of partisans have turned out and have made the life of the French occupation forces one of the most miserable of all the places French forces are found. (Chances are, if you are a French soldier posted to Luxembourg, you probably pissed someone off in your chain of command!) Arms are repeatedly run into Luxembourg, from Germany, Denmark, Norway, and the unoccupied part of Belgium; the Luxembourgers have become quite creative about smuggling almost anything in.

Andy-Shot 04-28-2004, 05:23 PM Considering that the Germans invaded it twice, I couldnt see it being too happy when West Germany Invaded East Germany. The thought of a re-unified and aggressive Germany would have scared the little country to snuggle up to their long time friends, the Belgiums.

When Belgium sided with France, I would have imagined that they too would have joined the ranks of the French.

Just my thought...

pmulcahy 01-19-2006, 10:46 PM I have Luxembourg occupied by France...but very tenuously, since there is a rather vicious resistance movement going on there, aided by "undercover" troops from Denmark and Germany. In addition, weapons are funneled in through the unoccupied part of the Netherlands, from here and there (some instances of Chinese weapon use by the Luxembourgers is not unknown, though how the weapons got there is anybody's guess...) The French Army would really like to let go of Luxembourg, but the French government won't let them, more out foolish pride than anything else.

DeaconR 01-20-2006, 07:17 AM Interesting, Paul. I have something rather similar regarding Luxemburg. What have you done with the Luxemburg government, btw? Are they in exile somewhere?

thefusilier 01-20-2006, 09:43 AM Considering that the Germans invaded it twice, I couldnt see it being too happy when West Germany Invaded East Germany. The thought of a re-unified and aggressive Germany would have scared the little country to snuggle up to their long time friends, the Belgiums.

When Belgium sided with France, I would have imagined that they too would have joined the ranks of the French.

Thats just how I have for myself. Neutral and then being on the West side of the Rhine, they kinda get swallowed up.

pmulcahy 01-20-2006, 08:32 PM Interesting, Paul. I have something rather similar regarding Luxemburg. What have you done with the Luxemburg government, btw? Are they in exile somewhere?

Most of the Luxembourg government were murdered by the French, but some are fighting with the resistance, and a small core has formed a government-in exile in what's left of Britain.

Tags
countries, luxembourg, western europe