RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive

Old 01-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default So here we go again with soem questions of personal nature

Antenna 07-08-2004, 10:16 AM Well, I was wondering the last week what everybody is living etc.

Well, just to get a feeling of what we like about the T2k game ...

So I thought up some questions

Nickname ?

Where do you live ?

What favorite T2k setting do you wanna play ?

What versions of the game do you own ?

What is you favorite version of them all ?

Do you have a homepage, and if yes what URL ?

Shoesize (USA size) ?

If you was a player in T2k game what would you wanna play ?

Well there is the questions

Antenna

Antenna 07-08-2004, 10:20 AM Nickname ?

Antenna

Where do you live ?

Lulea, Sweden

Canon version 2.2 with 1.0 history

1.0, 2.0, 2.1(Gm screen), 2.2 and finnish 2.2

English 2.2

yes I have, www.ludd.ltu.se/users/antenna/

Shoesize (USA size) ?

Tankdriver forced into Infantry unit becouse of lack of fuel and tanks.

Antenna

pmulcahy 07-08-2004, 01:13 PM Nickname: The last one I had was in the military, where they called me "Father" because of my last name, Mulcahy (anyone who has seen MASH knows why).

Home: San Antonio, Texas, USA

What versions of the game I own: All but 2.0, plus Merc 2000, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, and some of the Dark Conspiracy stuff.

Favorite Version: T2K 2.2

Web pages: www.pmulcahy.com

Shoe size: 8 (used to be regular, now wide)

Favorite character type: Sniper (I'm a frustrated sniper -- frustrated by my poor uncorrected eyesight.)

shrike6 07-08-2004, 03:39 PM Nickname ? Klondike

Where do you live ? Lincoln, NE USA

What favorite T2k setting do you wanna play ? 2.2 with modified 1.0 history

What versions of the game do you own ? 1.0, 2.0, 2.1 (refscreen), 2.2 all English

What is you favorite version of them all ? 2.2

Do you have a homepage, and if yes what URL ? none

Shoesize (USA size) ? 11.5

If you was a player in T2k game what would you wanna play ? Air Cav Pilot forced into the Infantry

Grimace 07-08-2004, 07:57 PM Nickname: Grimace (really....it is....)

Live: Currently Juneau, Alaska. Planning on moving next year to the "real world" (lower 48)

Favorite setting: Version 2

Versions owned: Version 1, Version 2, Version 2.2

Favorite version: Well, I like aspects of Version 2.2, but I like more aspects of Version 2, so probably an amalgam of the two.

Homepage: Yes. Let me dig it up.....http://www.reocities.com/grimace997 (just follow the appropriate links)

Shoe size: Normally 9 1/2, but sometimes it's a 10, depending on the shoe.

Player in the game: I'm normally the corporal or sergeant who does their duty. Either Canadian or British (for some reason). So call me a plain vanilla soldier.

TR 07-08-2004, 08:44 PM Nickname: What you expect me to post the one's I didn't like? Didn't think so... Indy is certainly one I had in high school and college to a degree as I hailed from Indiana and wanted to pursue Archaeology as a career.

Where do you live: Well officially that would be Denver, Colorado although I live in a nice suburb called Denial (and no that's not just a place in Egypt).

What favorite T2k setting do you wanna play: Any of them really, although I never really had the 2.2 rules when the game was in production (or while playing).

What versions of the game do you own: That would be ALL of them save the Boxed Nightmares supplement which I never wanted... and of course I don't have the Finnish books either (not that I could READ them)

What is you favorite version of them all: Probably Ver 2.0 would be my fav.

Do you have a homepage, and if yes what URL: www.wapahani.com (of course)

Shoesize (USA size): I guess it depends on the shoes... for my sneakers it's a size 11 for dress shoes it's a 10 1/2 (go figure).

If you was a player in T2k game what would you wanna play: The reluctant spec ops type that does a little bt of everything...

Until Later

TR

jtar7242 07-09-2004, 06:12 PM Originally posted by Antenna

Nickname ?

Neo is the most recently acquired one. Not my favorite, but I used to wear sunglasses all the time, and one day I had my prescription ones on and the sun went down while we were PTing. Was an okay nickname until I saw the Matrix sequels... ugh.

Where do you live ?

San Diego, CA

Europe is pretty cool, though I'm sure some fun could be had in SE Asia or S. America if you put some thought into it.

1.0-2.0 I had 2.2 a long time ago, but who knows what happened to it.

Shoesize (USA size) ?

A rather odd question, should I be worried? I buy shoes in 10-11, though my boot size is oddly enough 9.5R.

I like to mix it up as far as specialties, though after being a Marine you end up wanting to play a Marine. After all, what a waste to be in the Army right?

Steve K.

Chuck Mandus 07-09-2004, 10:32 PM Nickname ?

Usually "Chuck" although I've been called other names which I can say here.

Where do you live ?

On the Dark Side of Moon Township, 10 miles west of Pittsburgh, PA (with apologies to Pink Floyd)

Continental US, around the Pittsburgh area.

V1.1 and V2.0 along with a V2.2 PDF

Gotta think on that one, the vehicle combat rules for v1.1 needs to have a Cray supercomputer to run it.

http://www.nauticom.net/www/cdmandus

Right now, I just have my 9 cats (now 8, Muffin passed away yesterday (7/09/2004), she's my Avatar now ) but I still plan to update it in the future but maybe when the weather turns.

Shoesize (USA size) ?

9.5 to 10, wide

Survivalist amateur radio operator.

Chuck

DE KA3WRW

ReHerakhte 07-10-2004, 02:14 AM Just to make sure the Southern Hemisphere is covered, here goes...

Nickname?

When I was still in the Army Reserve I got called Sick One, which derives from One Ill (which I was also called) which is derived from a mispronounciation of my last name by an Indian postal worker... my last name is O'Neill

Where do you live?

Perth, Western Australia, the west coast (which also naturally has ALL the best beaches in Australia... but bugger all population)

What favorite T2k setting do you wanna play?

2.2 mostly in Europe although Africa would be interesting

What versions of the game do you own?

Version 1, 2.0, 2.1 (Ref's Screen), 2.2, Merc:2000 and also Dark Conspiracy, Cadillacs & Dinosaurs and Traveller: The New Era (but I could never get my hands on Fire, Fusion & Steel)

What is you favorite version of them all?

Version 2.2 with some house rules... the background wasn't as important as the ability to play so we never were too bothered by the gameworld history changes. We added a Reaction score to cover the situations that Initiative doesn't seem to (e.g getting out of the way of a falling tree, Reaction is AGL plus INT divided by 2)

Do you have a homepage, and if yes what URL?

Nope

Shoesize (USA size)?

Damned if I know but in Down Under sizes I take a 10 (I assume the sizes are similar but I really don't know)

If you was a player in T2k game what would you wanna play?

Either from mechanized infantry (typically British or German) or a battalion recce unit or Police drafted into the military (typically West European cop so there's some para-military experience already)

Cheers,

Kevin

graebarde 07-10-2004, 08:33 PM Nickname ?

Depends on where I am as to the nick I have I guess. The most common of late are 'Santa' and FORD (which stands for fat old raggedy dawg) and hence has been shortend to Dawg.

Where do you live ?

Webb City Mizzery (Yep right in the middle of Tornado Alley)

I've played alot of them. The US.

All of them, and the modules, EXCEPT for three I loaned to a 'friend' and never saw again. Though I do NOT have nor do I want the Dinosaur or other off the wall modules.

I like V2.2, though the timeline of V1 is what I use, plus house rules.

nope....

Shoesize (USA size) ?

with or without socks? 8.5EEE to 9.5W

Well I usually play a light infantry grunt with a farm or ranch background, and usually older than average. I have played spec warriors, and non-infantry, but still prefer the plane jane old soldier.

TiggerCCW UK 07-11-2004, 04:56 AM Nickname : Tigger, Beardy depends on who I'm with.

Where do you live : Belfast, Northern Ireland.

Fave setting : I always really liked Army of the Night, so probably US, but I did runa couple of UK sessions which were a lot of fun.

Versions owned : 1 and 2, plus Merc 2000, Dark Conspiracy.

Favourite version : 2 with some tweaks and mods of my own.

Homepage : Sorry.

Shoe size : No idea what it is US, 7 or 8 UK

evilmike 07-12-2004, 03:31 PM With Tigger, playing the game is more of a 'dress rehearsal' style of thing...

Heh.

We always played 'ourselves'......and tried to see just how far we got before we all died horribly.

Our GM was a right vicious bastard, he was..

Ed the Coastie 07-13-2004, 11:09 PM Nickname? Depending on who is talking to me, it's usually either "Cutter" or "Guns". (Both nicknames date from my Coastie days.)

Where do you live? Oregon coast

What favorite T2k setting do you wanna play? Adventures set in America

What versions of the game do you own? 1st Edition, BYB, and Dark Conspiracy and Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, if they count.

What is you favorite version of them all? BYB

Do you have a homepage, and if yes what URL? Yes I do...www.reocities.com/ed_the_coastie

Shoesize (USA size)? 9-1/2 R

If you was a player in T2k game what would you wanna play? I'd want to be the GM. As a player, though, I like playing a master scrounger. (My only real beef with the BYB is that it's hard to create an effective scrounger...)

Blackrider 07-16-2004, 04:56 AM nickname: Blackrider

location i like to play, the RDF sourse book Campaign, but i think i wont do to current world events

i currently own all the !st edition stuff

i prefer the first edition, cause that was the system i started with

dont have a website

shoe size: 11 1/2

US Marine infantryman

ReHerakhte 07-16-2004, 05:52 AM Hey Blackrider, I have some questions for you if you don't mind being pestered.

Are you currently gaming T2K and are you invloved in any of the gaming clubs in Perth? (My answers to both are no so I'm interested to see what other people are up to in my neck of the woods)

Cheers,

Kevin.

ChalkLine 08-10-2004, 05:17 AM >Nickname ?

None. Damn, that sounds lame.

>Where do you live ?

Tasmania, Australia. This is, of course, on top of the world. Oddly enough, those guys on the underneath (North America, Europe, etc) think they're on the top! Wierd.

>What favorite T2k setting do you wanna play ?

Always Europe. A slimmed down campaign, no USA civil war or Mexican Invasion, more industry remians, command structires intact but crumbling. Kinda the 'Seelow Heights' style rather than 'Mad Max'.

>What versions of the game do you own ?

v1.0 & v2.0

>What is you favorite version of them all ?

None, I use the cyberpunk rules, way more lethal.

>Do you have a homepage, and if yes what URL ?

My T2K homepage (http://www.reocities.com/Area51/Unde...T2K-Index.html), Antti is always after me to finish the vehicle lists.

>Shoesize (USA size) ?

They wear shoes?! How do they hang on down there?!

>If you was a player in T2k game what would you wanna play ?

A big question, I've discovered that civilians (such as myself) can't play convincing soldiers, a brand new draftee maybe?

Webstral 08-10-2004, 02:47 PM Nickname ?

--No one's ever made one that sticks. It seems that some people defy nicknames.

Where do you live ?

--North of San Francisco, CA. In a few days, though, I'll be living at pleasant Fort Bliss, TX.

--I would want to play in CONUS. If I had to narrow it down, I'd like to play in southern Arizona. Not the desert wasteland of "Howling Wilderness", but the tenuous oasis I've been creating as "Thunder Empire" (formerly "Sonora Oasis").

--v1.0

--I can't really choose, since I only know one. However, I do like the Cyberpunk rules for their handing of suppressive/area fires.

--No homepage. One day...

Shoesize (USA size)

--10.5 or 11, depending on the manufacturer.

--I have made up a character who is a fictionalized version of me in "Thunder Empire". In early 2001, CPT Callaghan is the commander of B/305th MI Bn, 111th Military Intelligence Brigade. This is more-or-less where I figure I would have been if my real Army career had intersected with the events of Twilight: 2000.

Twilight2000V3 08-20-2004, 08:49 AM Nickname ? Moose, Semi, and whatever the fiancee came up with that day to tell me I screwed up.

Where do you live ? Bay Area, Comifornia

What favorite T2k setting do you wanna play ? Yugoslavia

What versions of the game do you own ? 1.0, 2.0, 2.2

What is you favorite version of them all ? 3.0 (lol)

Do you have a homepage, and if yes what URL ? Not yet... one day

Shoesize (USA size) ? 13 or 14

If you was a player in T2k game what would you wanna play ? Depends ...

Europe(Poland) APC commander, Yugoslavia Spec Ops guys (SF or Ranger), USA probably a reservist.

Snake Eyes 09-05-2004, 10:36 PM Nickname:

Nothing lately, but they called me Nanook in college.

Residence:

Walnut Creek, CA (East SF Bay)

Favorite Setting:

I was always partial to the RDF/CENTCOM theater.

Versions Owned:

1.0, 2.0, 2.1 (Ref Screen), 2.2 + Merc, Dark Con, Caddies & Dinos, and Traveller TNE.

Favorite Version:

Modified 2.2 with the 1.0 timeline & character generation.

Homepage:

Not yet. Real soon now.

Shoe Size:

Want to Play:

Depends on setting, but I generally dig Pararescue.

thefusilier 09-10-2004, 03:31 PM Hi. I visit this site regularly but don't post much myself. But this is me...

Nickname ?

Manny

Where do you live ?

Halifax, NS, Canada

Usually anywhere possible in Europe, sometimes North America

V2 but most modules are V1

V2 with some very minor tweaks

No

Shoesize (USA size) ?

Dont know if its different here but 10 D

Usually brit para or marine, sometimes regular brit or german infantry.

I try to steer away from the "everybody in the group is a spec ops/sniper/etc. guy."

Targan 10-14-2005, 02:53 AM Nickname - Usually Jethrow, 'cause my name is Geoff.

Where I Live - Perth, Western Australia.

Location of T:2000 Games - I have only played in one game, and that was set in the US, in that module about the New America HQ. I have run a couple of campaigns in the Mid East, but mostly Poland campaigns which end up back on the US East Coast.

Versions Owned - I own the original T:2000 rules, but I have converted the whole game to Harnmaster/Gunmaster.

Homepage - None.

Shoe Size - In Australia, 9 and a 1/2.

Characters - I nearly always GM, but my favourite NPC of late is a USMC Scout/Sniper senior NCO who fought in 'Nam and was due for retirement by the Twilight War, but was field commissioned to Captain in order to keep him in the service. The NPC is based on Gunny Highway in Heartbreak Ridge.

DeaconR 10-14-2005, 08:19 AM Nickname: Deacon (because I am a deacon )

where I live: Calgary Alberta Canada

What Favourite TW2000 Setting do I want to Play: It's a toss up between Poland and the UK. As far as what I want to RUN, I'm running it, in the US in "Armies of the Night".

Versions Owned: the original set and 2.2.

Favourite Version: 2.2

Homepage: No

Shoe Size: 10 1/2

If I was a Character What Would I Want to Play: I'd like to play a combat engineer

pmulcahy 10-14-2005, 08:35 AM You're a deacon who plays Twilight 2000? I have a question for you: What sort of skills and character generation do you think clergy, especially military chaplains, would have in the Twilight 2000 game system?

DeaconR 10-14-2005, 12:19 PM 1. Leadership 2

2. Persuasion 1

3. Instruction 2

4. Thinking of missions, construction, medical and language related skills are ones I would suggest if they have been clergy before. Some missions while involving churches are about building houses or medical clinics for instance.

I would suggest as well that clergy should probably get commissions if they are acting in that capacity.

pmulcahy 10-14-2005, 05:33 PM American chaplains (at least in the Army) start out as 1st Lieutenants, but tend to get promoted to Captain rather quickly (usually within a year).

ReHerakhte 10-14-2005, 06:02 PM G'Day all,

On the subject of clergy, I don't know what it's like now but in the past, Australian military clergy held no rank as such. The theory being that if a clergyman told a General that he should be more aware of the needs of his troops for example, the General could not turn around and pull rank on him and tell him to piss off!

In this way the military clergy could interact with all ranks on an even level.

Cheers,

Kevin

gstitz 10-16-2005, 07:44 AM Nickname ? Gunner

Where do you live ? Central Arkansas (just moved here from Washington DC)

What favorite T2k setting do you wanna play ? Any

What versions of the game do you own ? All

What is you favorite version of them all ? 1st

Do you have a homepage, and if yes what URL ? www.lostsubs.com (http://www.lostsubs.com)

Shoesize (USA size) ? 6 1/2

If you was a player in T2k game what would you wanna play ? US Navy Gunner's Mate from a small boat unit that had been providing port Force Protection

Last edited by kato13; 02-16-2010 at 08:12 AM.