RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 12-23-2010, 07:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971
Default Georgia Guide Stones...

Found something by accident and thought I'd share it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:16 AM
Volunteer Timeline Errata Coord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971 View Post
Found something by accident and thought I'd share it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones
Nate,

Damn that Ted Turner! Obviously, the spawn of Satan.

Seriously, could be the marker for a Project facility, or possibly the basis of a new religion or belief system.

Tony
Old 12-24-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helbent4 View Post
Nate,

Damn that Ted Turner! Obviously, the spawn of Satan.

Seriously, could be the marker for a Project facility, or possibly the basis of a new religion or belief system.

Tony
Either that or Jane Fonda is having fun with the right wing again...
Old 12-24-2010, 03:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

yup.

But it gives me an idea for some of the kinds of things that can be used for the Project. The crap on the Guidestones is a bunch of hippie crap, but the idea of something being set up like that as a cover for Caches or bases or the like that could be a way to set up rally points for Project Combined Operations Groups to meet at.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Some bloke

Agree with the need for long-lasting markers to denote cache sites and MP rally points.

In general terms:
Locations need to be referable to long-lasting natural features (mountains, hills, major water bodies) or enduring pieces of architecture (bridges, masonry structures or other reinforced materials).

This implies moderate land navigation/surveying skill on the part of team members (take bearings on a landmark, etc.)

For my games, I've given approximate cache locations in terms of partial
AutoNav/map co-ordinates with descriptive clues (a la orienteering/rogaining).

At the actual sites, the hints given in the various modules are the usual technique for saying 'look here!'

Then the trick is to have caches placed so that they are accessible without
major excavation equipment (difficult to balance required protection level with this).

Rob