RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 07-30-2015, 07:46 PM

Default fillable pdf sheets

Has anyone went through the trouble to make a fillable character sheet in pdf for T2K? I have found someone who made a better character sheet than the official one for T2K v2.2.

Secondly, has there been any RECENT releases on new equipment from the past five years or so? Or do I have to kitbash some conversions of existing stuff to print?

I'm eager to run this for the first time. Probably more fun to play first but I'm the only one willing to GM.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:34 AM

Rather than fillable PDF, I usually make my character up on a spreadsheet. That way, I have the spreadsheet to do the math (location hit points; weight, Load, etc); skills entered can be used to calculate weapon entries; items carried/worn checked against load etc.

There are a couple available on-line.

What do you mean by new equipment?

I have a spreadsheet with some 500 weapons ranging from black powder to
current assault guns and pistols, and another of vehicles (military and civvie, 1920s to current). Tell me what you want and I'll be happy to share (if I have it).

Uncle Ted
Old 07-31-2015, 02:29 PM

Wink New equipment

Mostly weapons, starting back 2005 to current or as close to current as possible.

Spreadsheet. Had not thought of that. Good idea
Old 07-31-2015, 02:30 PM

I would definitely be up for that as well.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:55 PM
The Stat Guy

Someone else in Sweden made them up for general use, but I have Excel spreadsheets to bring up weapons and vehicles. They're a bit wonky (he called them "bastardized") and take some jiggering to use, but they are still good to work things up.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 09-25-2015, 01:48 PM

Default Spreadsheet as Charactersheet

I had implied that I would share, and never got around to it....

Sample Character Sheet a la Spreadsheet.

The format and artwork is from the original: Twilight2000 PJ1 mod.xls. It was prettier than anything I would do. I got the original off the web. But since it was in a spreadsheet, I could not see why I shouldn't let it do the math.....

I added the calculations for secondary characteristics (Weight, Load, Throw Range, hits by location).

Yes, I know that in V2, you don't add skill and stat. That function was in place - the ONLY function in place, and it did not even grab the stat from the top of the sheet - and it was easier to not dismantle it.

I didn't use the Character creation page much, but it is available for use. (Character creation and background/biography was written up in a doc file; easier to manipulate the text.)

I added in the weapon Statistics by hand, but I have a DC character spreadsheet that includes a tab with items (including weapons) and their stats, cost, and weight. When you enter a weapon in the weapon area, it fills itself in; when you buy an item, you enter item and quantity it totals the cost. For a little extra effort, I could include which skill is to be used.

The last page is my work. As the character was starting out mounted with a bunch of stuff, I made a sheet calculating load by location (uses SUMIF function - sums values in one column if another column holds a matching value):
  • Stuff the character wears is listed as self
  • Stuff listed as location Pack is in his backpack; the total for Pack includes the weight of the pack itself, and teh item Pack uses the total for it's weight.
  • Stuff on the horse (saddle, saddlebags etc) is listed as Horse, and includes the total for Self and the character's weight
  • P1 and P2 are pack horses, each with a separate pack saddle.

This way, you can add or subtract items as needed or switch locations, and the spreadsheet just re-totals.

In most cases, you won't need anything quite so elaborate, this will manage "Self", pack, and vehicle just as well - just replace "Horse" with "Vehicle" (or however else you want to ID the location).

Uncle Ted
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx T2K Cabe_2.xlsx (406.9 KB, 156 views)
Old 09-25-2015, 03:49 PM

If someone has a character sheet that they like in PDF format, I'd be willing to give the good 'ol "go in and add fillable form stuff to this sheet" method. I've done it before.