RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 06-26-2009, 01:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971
Default T2K Campaign recruiting drive...

Hello everyone,

I am going to open up a recruiting drive for a T2k campaign that would be a play-by-post here on these forums. We'd be using the T2k v1.0 timeline, straight out of the book with the only changes being the essays Webstral did to expand the universe and incorporate some of the world events (such as Operation Desert Sheild & Desert Storm). I had thought of pushing the start date of the Sino-Soviet War to 2000, to give the Soviets and their allies enough time to have an economic recovery and fully incorporate the lessons of Desert Storm to make the Red Army alot more efficient.

I haven't read all of the DC Working Groups essays yet to incorporate them into what i'm thinking of running. But if someone has ideas to make the background more well-rounded, i'm more than game to add them. In fact if someone wants to help co-GM the position is open.

The PCs can have any weapons, equipment and other gadgets that had been produced prior to the Thanksgiving Day Massacare that is feisable for them to have gotten their hands on.

I am thinking of using the d20 Modern system with the materials that make the system alot more flexible. I can provide all the materials that I'll be using for you guys to use to make characters. If you don't like the d20 system don't worry, I am more story/plot driven type of games. I prefer to let the story flow better than allowing rules to jam things up... I am also more than willing to work with each player to create the characters they want to play, and make the characters as custom as possible for them to enjoy the game.

The PCs will be the surivors of the 4th Platoon of Charlie Company, 3rd-143rd Infantry Regiment (Mechanized), 2nd Brigade, 5th Infantry (Mechanized)Division 'Red Diamond'.

Depending on what the players want to play will decide if the Platoon has PCs filling the roles as platoon and section leaders with alot of NPCs, or have the players being the survivors of a severely mauled platoon that has been able to regroup after having fought their way out of the Soviet encirclement.

This is an example of the character write-up, without the game system stats...

Personal Information:
Rank/Title: d
Other Aliases: d
Affiliations: d
Legal Status: Citizen of <country name> with <A / No> Criminal Record (currently wanted for questioning by local/state/federal/international legal authorities, currently a minor, past criminal record was pardoned).
Place of Birth: city, state, country
Martial Status: single, engaged, married, separated, divorced, widowed, widower
Known Relatives: <first name> <middle name> '<nickname>' <surname>, profession (husband, age); <first name> <middle name> '<nickname>' <surname>, profession (wife, age); <first name> <middle name> '<nickname>' <surname>, profession (fiancée, age); <first name> <middle name> '<nickname>' <surname>, profession (son, age); <first name> <middle name> '<nickname>' <surname>, profession (daughter, age); <first name> <middle name> '<nickname>' <surname>, profession (father, age); <first name> <middle name> '<nickname>' <surname>, profession (mother, age); <first name> <middle name> '<nickname>' <surname>, profession (sister, age); <first name> <middle name> '<nickname>' <surname>, profession (brother, age); <first name> <middle name> '<nickname>' <surname>, profession (maternal grandfather, age); <first name> <middle name> '<nickname>' <surname>, profession (maternal grandmother, age); <first name> <middle name> '<nickname>' <surname>, profession (paternal grandfather, age); <first name> <middle name> '<nickname>' <surname>, profession (paternal grandmother, age).
Extent of Education: d
Religion: d (non-practicing/semi-practicing/practicing)

Background Information/Origin:

Service Record & Advanced Education:

0000-0000: d (0000). d (0000). d (0000). d (0000). d (0000). d (0000). d (0000).

Medals, Ribbons, Decorations, Awards & Qualification Badges:

Left Breast: d
Right Breast: d
Qualification Badges: d
Foreign Awards & Decorations: d
Foreign Qualification Badges: d

Physical Information:
Ethnic Group: d
Sexual Orientation: heterosexual/bisexual/homosexual
Height: 0' 00" (00x-00-00)
Weight: 000lbs.
Hair Colour: d
Eye Colour: d
Physical Appearance: <first name> <middle name> '<nickname>' <surname> is an <unattractive/average/attractive> looking <00>yr old <ethnic group> <gender> in excellent physical condition for a <sex> age, height and build who engages in <level> regular exercise on a <frequency> basis.
Distinguishing Physical Characteristics: <A brief description of any distinguishing physical characteristics such as unique hairstyle, eyeglasses, body piercings, tattoos, birthmarks, or grooming habits>
Normal Attire: <first name> <middle name> '<nickname>' <surname> normally wears <>
Quote(s): "."
"."

Personal Belongings (this is an example): a rugged Military Soldier Flex PDA, a ruggedized Panasonic Toughbook laptop computer w/a rechargeable battery, iPod w/60GB of assorted music & rechargeable batteries, a personal radio/tape player w/rechargeable batteries, a personal CD player w/rechargeable batteries, several assorted CDs, several notebooks, several sketch books, several ink pens & lead pencils w/spare lead, a couple of paperback novels, a couple of magazines, a duffel bag w/ civilian clothes (<>), a duffel bag w/a full set of uniforms (Army Dress Blues, Army Mess Dress Blues, Army Class-A Service Dress Uniform, Army Class-B Service Dress Uniform, Army black all-weather trench coat, black cardigan sweater, black pullover sweater, black windbreaker, garrison cap, 8 sets of Army Battle Dress Uniforms, 2 field jackets, 4 physical fitness uniforms, 4 improved physical fitness uniforms, a pair of dress shoes, a pair of running shoes).

Personal Gear: a pair of Uvex XC protective eye wear, sun/wind/dust goggles, pocket survival tool, glass cutter, zippo cigarette lighter, 1 set of dogtags w/silencers, <black/maroon/tan/green> beret (w/flash or w/o flash), Army Battle Dress Uniform (tunic and trousers), a BDU web belt w/buckle, light brown undershirt & underwear, a pair of cushion soled socks, a pair of combat boots, quartz military watch, Nomex flight gloves.

Tactical Equipment: PASGT Ballistic Helmet (DM: +2; DR: 0; ACP: -1), D.A.P./M-Tac 300 Level IIIA Ballistic Vest (DM: +5; DR: 3; MDB: +4; ACP: -1), Under Armor shirt & leggings (DM: +1; DR: 2; MDB: +5; ACP: n/a), Knee/Elbow pads (DM: n/a; DR: 2; MDB: n/a; ACP: n/a). Undercover Vest (DM: +3, DR: n/a, MDB: +5, ACP: -2).

Field Equipment: AN/PVS70 nightvision goggles & hard box w/ batteries, Spare batteries for flashlight 2 sets in plastic bag, Motorola Saber-1R two-way radio w/handmic &earphone, maglight flashlight, 1 pocket knife/Leatherman/Gerber, Trifold entrenching tool (combo shovel/saw/axe), Strobe light, 50' nylon rope, repelling harness, spare batteries, spare com wire, Spare Battery for Platoon/Squad radio, M40 Gas Mask, 2 MOPP suits, LBE (pistol belt, H-type suspenders, 2 5.56mm magazine pouch w/3 clips each, first aid dressing pouch, compass pouch, pistol holster, 2 9mm magazine pouch w/2 clips each, radio pouch), 3 2-quart canteen w/canteen cover & canteen cup, canteen cup cook stove, Folding E-tool and carrier, M9 bayonet w/scabbard (works with scabbard to serve as wire cutters, the scabbard also serves as bottle opener, screw driver, & sharpening stone), first aid dressing, lensatic compass, crookneck flashlight, 3-day pack, 6 MREs, 10 Chemlight (2 red, 2 green, 2 yellow, 2 orange, 2 blue), 2 Infrared Chemlight, MOLLE system (includes a modular rucksack w/removable compartments & components, a fighting load vest, and an on-the-move hydration system), Soft Cover, Boonie Hat, wool watch cap, wool scarf, wool sweater, black leather gloves, wool glove liners, Poncho & poncho liner, field jacket & field jacket liner, Extended Cold Weather Clothing System (parka & trousers), Polypropolyne underwear, a spare pair of Uvex XC protective eye wear, 2 spare sets of BDUs, 2 sets of undershirts & underwear, 4 pairs of cushion soled socks, 1 pair of spare boots, 1 set spare boot laces, 20 magnesium flares, sunscreen, gun cleaning kit (contains: 1 Steel barrel rod with swivel handle, 3 Steel barrel rod extenders, 1 Double-ended nylon gun brush, 1 Shotgun adaptor, 1 Slatted patch holder, 1 Bottle of gun oil, 1 Package of cotton cleaning patches, 1 Silicon gun cloth), Shelter Half (canvas sheet, 4 metal tent pins, 3 section tent pole and 1 line), personal first aid kit (2 syringes of morphine, 1 roll of sterile gauze, 1 roll elastic tape, several field dressings, antiseptic, burn cream, band-aids), camouflage GORE-Tex bivouac shelter, Waterproof bag, extreme cold weather sleeping bag, Isomat (foam sleeping pad), 5-gallon solar shower, water filter, bottle of 20 water purification tablets, magnesium firestarter, Mess kit (can opener, pan, utensils), personal commode, field washstand, 4 bungee cords, 4 210rd bandoliers of 5.56mm ammo, 2 200rd SAW drums, 2 belts 7.62mm Linked ammo, camp stove, 6 sandbags.

Weapons: M4A1 5.56mm Carbine w/7 magazines, M9 9mm automatic pistol w/5 magazines, M9 Bayonet, 6 M67 Fragmentation Grenades, 1 M15 WP Grenade, 1roll Det Cord (Dmg: 2d6/+1d6 to +4d6, 5ft radius, Ref DC: 12), 1kg block C4/Semtex (Dmg: 4d6/+2d6, 10ft radius/+2ft radius, Ref DC: 18), 2 M18A1 Claymore landmine (6d6, Crit: 20, 60ft cone, Ref DC: 16), 6 blasting caps, 1 section of fuse a few meters, 2 M72A3 LAW rocket launchers, 1 M136 AT4 84mm rocket launcher.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:48 PM

If you were using T:2k v1.0 or T:2013 rules, I'd be in, but not D20 Modern.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

If enough people who express interest would like to use the 1st Edition rule set, i'm more than willing to use that set, i'm not comfortable enough with the T2013 to run it on my own... If i can get a co-GM that knows the system, i'll use it.

Last edited by natehale1971; 06-27-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:13 PM

Kind of hoped to get some bites for a play by post campaign here... haven't heard anything else, if the people really want to use the T:2013 rules i can do that. i'm just not that knowledgeable on how it goes.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:16 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

It often takes time to build a game. I also suggest posting to the yahoo group to see if you can get any nibbles.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/t2k/messages?o=1
Old 06-30-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971
Kind of hoped to get some bites for a play by post campaign here... haven't heard anything else, if the people really want to use the T:2013 rules i can do that. i'm just not that knowledgeable on how it goes.
I'm still getting my head around the T2013 rules set myself. I like it so far though.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan
I'm still getting my head around the T2013 rules set myself. I like it so far though.
i just don't see the flexibility to get the character concept you want to play created... that's been my biggest problem with the rules set. i know it's probly just me, and that i've gotten d20 Modern tweaked out and customized into a system that i can build any character concept that i can come up with.

Of course, people might not like the fact that i start characters out at different character levels... but in all seriously, thats how the world works in reality... Platoon Sergeant is older and more experenced than the platoon leader, and so on..

oh well. i guess looking for players is gonna be harder than i had originally thought.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:01 PM
Administrator

Online games are really hard to build. However if you can get a solid base and get one going it could run for a long time.

About once a month we get someone looking for a game. It might take sometime but don't let your hope be dashed. Also i think winter games do better as there are fewer distractions.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13
Online games are really hard to build. However if you can get a solid base and get one going it could run for a long time.

About once a month we get someone looking for a game. It might take sometime but don't let your hope be dashed. Also i think winter games do better as there are fewer distractions.

okay... i won't let it get me down. i'll just keep updating my notes for the game on the fourms you graciously gave me.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:02 PM

You can put me down as interested. Old school Escape from Kalisz sounds retro appealing to me.

I'm not anti d20, just don't know it. I'm very familiar with any of the original rulesets. Honestly mechanics aren't really that important compared to quality of roleplaying.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy
You can put me down as interested. Old school Escape from Kalisz sounds retro appealing to me.

I'm not anti d20, just don't know it. I'm very familiar with any of the original rulesets. Honestly mechanics aren't really that important compared to quality of roleplaying.
That's my point as well. systems dont matter, it's GMs and PCs that make the game!

what kind of character would you like to play?
Old 07-03-2009, 02:07 AM

I've decided to start a campaign using the Twilight V1.0 rules unless someone can either help me understand the Twilight 2013 rules or work as a co-GM helping me get a handle of the system.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:30 AM
The end is nigh!!!

Sent PM...
Old 07-03-2009, 03:35 AM
Administrator

I know some people bypass the front door of the forum so they may have missed the link to nate's forum.

http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14

Even if you are not a prospective player I suggest taking a look.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:37 AM

Dan has said he's learning the T2013 as well as I am, and is willing to help me get through the system... Is there anyone else who would be willing to help get the game off the ground?
Old 07-03-2009, 02:12 PM

I'm learning the Twilight 2013 system as well. I'm not really good with the crunchy bits but I'd be willing to try to help.

I'd also be interested in playing in the game whatever incarnation of rules you decide on.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:08 PM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

You may have better luck if you gave more of synopsis of the campaign.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:49 PM

The idea is to run the European campaign, starting with 'Escape from Kalisz' to 'Going Home' (and using all of the adventures that i have challenge articles for in between)...

The PCs will be assigned to the Fourth Platoon, Dog Company, 3rd-6th Infantry Regiment (Mech), 2nd Battalion, 5th (Mechanized) Infantry Division. They where cut off form the rest of their parent battalion and given optional orders from their battalion and company commanders to raise as much hell as possible behind Soviet lines to give the rest of the elements of the 5ID a chance to make it back to NATO lines. And if they do this, the Battalion Commander promises the platoon that they will be extracted by air. The platoon are even asked to gather as many stragglers from the 5ID into their command for later extraction.

Thus players can be anything they want to be, and still feel as part of the larger command since they have functional communications gear.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:44 AM

Just posted a character outline in the OOC section of the campaign site. Not betting on that extraction by air, but I'm not sure what choice we have.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy
Just posted a character outline in the OOC section of the campaign site. Not betting on that extraction by air, but I'm not sure what choice we have.
who knows... the extraction might happen! but you just might have to get to the LZ where it occurs.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:37 PM
Ginger Avenger

Did this ever get off the ground? I've had much of the core material for years and loved the story, but never was able to put together a group of guys willing to play the system as intricate as it was.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:54 PM
Banned

love to find a group myself - we got used to the system after a while - although rolling up new characters was cumbersome no matter what - with all the firefights we got in of the original eight characters we rolled up only four of them made it Home and only three to the end of the campaign, mine, the Sarge and Little Foot - i.e. a full blooded Apache who used to be a Ranger (boy did he go all out for his back story)
Old 04-23-2012, 06:44 PM

Nate,

I would love to be in your game! I have a V1 character ready to go. As rolled he is a 2nd LT, field promotion, section leader of a 4.2 mortor platoon. I posted him before, but if needed, I can post his stats again. I can also edit anything you need editing.

Let me know what I can do to help.

My $0.02

Mike
Old 04-23-2012, 11:27 PM

I'd love to play; despite all my gum-flappin' about matters I've never actually played v1 T2k. Still got a shot?
Old 04-25-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo80 View Post
Nate,

I would love to be in your game! I have a V1 character ready to go. As rolled he is a 2nd LT, field promotion, section leader of a 4.2 mortor platoon. I posted him before, but if needed, I can post his stats again. I can also edit anything you need editing.

Let me know what I can do to help.

My $0.02

Mike
I had to search a bit to find this guy. Of course, can be edited to suit your needs.

http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=3042

My $0.02

Mike
Old 04-25-2012, 10:15 AM

Nate,
Lemme know if you need people via PM.

"Red Star, Burning Streets" by Cavalier Books, 2020

https://epochxp.tumblr.com/ - EpochXperience - Contributing Blogger since October 2020. (A Division of SJR Consulting).
Old 04-25-2012, 01:38 PM
The end is nigh!!!

07-06-2009, 11:24 AM

Original Post was in 2009 People... I think its out of date now.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:55 PM

The T2K campaign that I am a player in has a couple of spots open. We play using an online dice roller at myrpg.ca, voice over Skype and the paper portions are on GoogleDocs. We play on Tuesdays from 5 to 9pm EST.

We have had 3 sessions thus far and its been good. The game master is Medic on this site. If your interested post here; http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=3393&page=4

And we have a spreed sheet that makes character generation mostly painless.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:47 PM

Disregard the above about Medic being the GM, I am

But yeah, there's definitely some room for another player in there. Like Iso mentioned, we use Skype to collaborate, and I have a Google Maps for our 'game board'.

You can use any online dice roller really,most of the guys use the myRPG roller, while I use physical dice I have on hand.

The gang has currently left Kalisz, but you can get filled right in no problem.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:47 PM

opps

Tags
online games