RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 10-30-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
What's the wiki link? I'd love to know where insurgents got a Milan -- they must have literally been using Coalition weapons against us!
Just Challenger 2 in wikipeidia, but I remember reading it in a news article a year or two (or is it more) back. I thought exactly the same thing, where the hell did they get a ATGM from?
Old 10-31-2009, 12:34 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonpoi View Post
Just Challenger 2 in wikipeidia, but I remember reading it in a news article a year or two (or is it more) back. I thought exactly the same thing, where the hell did they get a ATGM from?
That's my guess -- it was captured. I've never seen a Milan in the flesh, but I've heard they're easy to use. The US Marines actually tested them in the early 1980s, thinking of getting Milans to supplement the Dragon.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 11-03-2009, 11:56 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Kellhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeab View Post
Merc 2000 has the Type 62, with a 85mm gun and fairly thin armor (turret 5/3/3, hull 8/3/1).
That must be the one! Thanks.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
That's my guess -- it was captured. I've never seen a Milan in the flesh, but I've heard they're easy to use. The US Marines actually tested them in the early 1980s, thinking of getting Milans to supplement the Dragon.
As an aside, how did you ever find the time to make your website and stat all of those vehicles, guns and everything else. I'm really quite amazed.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:45 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonpoi View Post
As an aside, how did you ever find the time to make your website and stat all of those vehicles, guns and everything else. I'm really quite amazed.
Well, it's a combination of being 100% disabled and having a lot of time on my hands and a couple of spreadsheets someone made for me based on Fire, Fusion and Steel. But some of those stats are updates of updates of stuff I first came up with way back in college a few months after T2K was first published, or when I was in the Army shortly thereafter. It also serves as therapy of sorts.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com

Tags
rules, vehicles