RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 08-25-2011, 05:25 PM

My understanding, and I'll have to check the books, is that NA did not see the Canadian border as more than a line on a map. NA was all about the north American continent rather than political boundaries.

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 08-25-2011, 11:40 PM

i just found this site. and saw this posting and had to add in. A few years ago i was in a 18 month long airsoft game of the 2nd Civil War it was called Winds of Change. here is a little about the game and the way we wrote it. The game came about after almost a years worth of planning. it started off with 6 southers states dropping out of the union after gas prices hit 15 a gal. and the locals in thos states were making moonshine to run in there cars. The ATF came down on the locals hard and the states started to fight back against the ATF and then the Local Gaurd unites were ordered to stand against there local police and there own familys at which time the states started to go against washingtons orders and soon enough it was to a war. and the states walked out of the union. In the game the US broke into 4 parts the confedration the texas allaince, the northern allaince and picifica. after 18 months and 22 games we ended it with the Confedration winning. In our game the flags we used were the 1st national Confedrate the US flag and a few others i will try to find some photos from the games and post them here.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:30 PM

I think the Milgov should use an Subdued reverse American flag...as is it shown on a soldiers uniform. This will symbolically show that they are still the U.S. Gov but in a time of war.

And the Civgov continues to use the good old stars and bars and try to claim they are still the legimate government of the united states.

Who ever wins would presumably go back to using the original U.S flag for legitimacy reasons.

This would make it easy to tell who Milgov and Civgov but not really change the flag per se.

Also you would see the Gadsen Militia Don't tread on me flag all over the place..infact you do all ready. Possibly also the white Culpeppers don't tread on me which is white.
Personally I alway really liked the Bedford flag which is the oldest flag used in America during the revolutionary war. It looks like an armored arm holding sword.

I had a game that took place in Maine and the soldiers from Maine all had buff colored patches with green pine trees and a blue north stars on the front (and back) of there bush hats (like gurhkas) That was the original flag of the state of maine 1901-1909 before it was changed to the boring blue one with a farmer and a fisherman.

Last edited by Brother in Arms; 08-27-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother in Arms View Post
Who ever wins would presumably go back to using the original U.S flag for legitimacy reasons.
Neither side 'won'. According to canon MilGov and CivGov reunified in the end (I think it was in the year 2020).
Old 08-28-2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:
I think the Milgov should use an Subdued reverse American flag...as is it shown on a soldiers uniform. This will symbolically show that they are still the U.S. Gov but in a time of war.
VERY unlikely to happen. Military units may do that as they do now, but there's no way Milgov as a government would give Civgov a free kick by NOT using the official stars and stripes. There's just too much at stake to give Civgov such a huge propaganda coup. In fact, you may see uniforms changed to include the proper flag to reinforce in the eyes of the general populace that Milgov IS THE TRUE government of the USA.

Mors ante pudorem
Old 08-28-2011, 02:28 PM

I agree with leg but since its just a game why not do what you want.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:58 PM

Guys your probably correct both sides would want to say the are the legitimate U.S. Government.

So what do you think they would do as far as helradry to differentiate one side from the other? Also what about uniforms presumably they would both be wearing standard woodland BDU's or Later ACU,MARPAT ect.

I'm kinda hoping O.D. Green will make a come back.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:11 PM

I don't see Milgov changing a thing.
Civgov may use different uniforms (where possible for newly raised units) and armbands where not.
Neither side will give up the flag or alter it in any way which will indeed mean much confusion when the two sides clash and the populace probably won't care much which government the troops are from anyway when they roll into town - soldiers are soldiers.

Informally, I can see units on both sides adopting unofficial insignia such a an armband or shoulder patch, or a stencil on the side of vehicles.

Mors ante pudorem
Old 08-28-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
So what do you think they would do as far as helradry to differentiate one side from the other?
Everyone going in my direction is friendly.
Everyone going coming from the other direction is enemy.

As crude as it is, that's often how it ends up working in a lot of places where you don't a solid support base. When these armies can barely feed their soldiers on a day to day basis, even accommodating for uniforms is a tough one sometimes and it gets pushed aside for more important things.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:34 PM

That's what I was touching on in my posts. In a perfect world where resources were plentiful, all sorts of changes could be considered, however in T2K soldiers are likely to be wearing the same clothes they had two years before and flags are unlikely to have a very high priority.

Mors ante pudorem

Tags
united states