RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Campaign Forums > HQ's T2k Campaign > HQ - General Discussion

Old 01-19-2009, 02:44 AM

Default PROS and CONS

Please let me hear what you miss in my campaign -or what you like for that matter, if you want more of a certain element.

Just like snooty DJs I dont do requests - but I would like to know what you like too.

If you have comments on the direction of the campaign,the setting,the style of play , certain specific events in game,XP,mortality rates,humour,lack of humour,realism ,theatrics,tactics,level of GM intoxication when FtFing or whatever else

please-

let it rip

offensive comments will lead to character termination by aggressive veneral disease attack -in game of course.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Out on bail

Default Oh, the inhumanity

I love the misanthropic flavour to it all. And I love my prosthetic limbs!
Old 01-30-2009, 10:57 AM

Default mucho gracias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Willies
I love the misanthropic flavour to it all. And I love my prosthetic limbs!
appreciate it.

Will try to keep it dystopic - actually I guarantee dystopia for the next sessions.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:17 PM
Out on bail

Default Dys-topos = ill-place

Well, given the circumstances we are inn, I will not bet against you on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters
appreciate it.

Will try to keep it dystopic - actually I guarantee dystopia for the next sessions.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:49 AM

Default All things considered .

I am pretty satisfied with the last round -I guess. Even though shots were fired right from the start ,I cant help but think that there was a big lull for many of the players especially as the clock went towards midnight .

So this I will try to do even better next time .

Comments about preferring more regular type opponents and operations have been noted .

Let me hear what you think .
Old 02-17-2009, 12:45 PM
Out on bail

I think that playing two different sets have its benefits, but also its back draws; One session is bound to be full of hubris, while the next one is therefore necessarily more carefully paced.

I usually like the two-day stint for exactly the same reason; one day to blow out, and the next to do it properly.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:18 PM

Default interim missions

Quote:
I think that playing two different sets have its benefits, but also its back draws; One session is bound to be full of hubris, while the next one is therefore necessarily more carefully paced.

I usually like the two-day stint for exactly the same reason; one day to blow out, and the next to do it properly.
Having decided that the plausible outcome of the situation would be so and so ,carefully weighing facts and the fiction that hold them together I felt like the shaking up of things as well as new beginnings were in order and next in line of events too.

I did feel a bit like we were doing interim missions as the storyline was progressing down a certain path -i.e the try to unify the PCs into some sort of functioning group and do away with the most massive administration issues .

This meant that there were shorter missions loosely connected with the main mission at the beginning of the session .I predict that the next session(s) might be all about a single task .
Old 02-18-2009, 07:34 AM

Default gas tank explosion

what would be the stats on the gas tank explosion in your view ?

was this handled correctly by the GM or did it not mimick reality ?

let her rip - I will be blowing you guys up with gas tanks in the future to and this way we dont have to do the whole discussion over .
Old 02-18-2009, 07:58 AM
Out on bail

I thought the gas tank explosion did not mimic reality. I kept my mouth shut, because I realized I did not know what was in the tank.
However, if it was a regular gas, I can't really see how it could burn through a mop suit, kevlar suit, and regular clothing underneath that in one phase. In addition to that, given that there was a explosion, I think most of the flammables would have evaporated/burned during the initial combustion. Gas don't stick well to fabric, and certainly wouldn't remain there for several phases - it would evaporate after a few seconds. And why didn't the same inflammable material stick to the robot?

But like I said, I don't know what was in the container.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:10 AM

Default ok

Quote:
I thought the gas tank explosion did not mimic reality. I kept my mouth shut, because I realized I did not know what was in the tank.
However, if it was a regular gas, I can't really see how it could burn through a mop suit, kevlar suit, and regular clothing underneath that in one phase. In addition to that, given that there was a explosion, I think most of the flammables would have evaporated/burned during the initial combustion. Gas don't stick well to fabric, and certainly wouldn't remain there for several phases - it would evaporate after a few seconds. And why didn't the same inflammable material stick to the robot?

But like I said, I don't know what was in the container.
I thought that the natural gas in the container would burn for longer as it was in a restricted space and had less than optimum supply of oxygene.Also I though that the gear you mentioned would catch fire and that this in it self would give burn wounds .(As pr core rules you get 1D6 dmg PR SECOND in a phase if burnt by gasoline,napalm or other where as you guys got 1D6 pr PHASE).

Also I did state that the robot was engulfed in flames , but with less burnable material on the outside it would go out faster.

But I hear you and will amend for next time I blow you up .
Firstly I then think that the next gas explosion will be more a 2 phase affair .
phase 1 -shockwave ,shrapnel flying and the heatblast
phase 2 - remaining gas ,if any, burns out and a lesser heatblast pluss debris coming down again

what do you think guys?
Old 02-18-2009, 10:47 AM
Out on bail

If the gas used all/most oxygen, it would simply extinguish itself. Gas does not linger much on surfaces, and like I tried to show you with the gas from the lighter, even 1300 Celsius does not burn the skin if the explosion is short lived.
Had it been napalm in the container, and it stuck to the mop suit, I guess it could burn through the flame retardant kevlar in a few phases. A gas explosion would hardly even burn through a pair of regular pants and a shirt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLAEmNLQHI
Not really a good example, but shows how gas is consumed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFMYqPIE9mc
Shows lingering gas due to cold. Still don't think it would burn through the kevlar in one phase.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:12 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain

Quote:
I am pretty satisfied with the last round -I guess. Even though shots were fired right from the start ,I cant help but think that there was a big lull for many of the players especially as the clock went towards midnight .

So this I will try to do even better next time .

Comments about preferring more regular type opponents and operations have been noted .

Let me hear what you think .
I offcourse prefer the other...that is: more deranged zombies,mutants,robots,aliens and the like.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:25 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Talking Problem?

Quote:
I thought that the natural gas in the container would burn for longer as it was in a restricted space and had less than optimum supply of oxygene.Also I though that the gear you mentioned would catch fire and that this in it self would give burn wounds .(As pr core rules you get 1D6 dmg PR SECOND in a phase if burnt by gasoline,napalm or other where as you guys got 1D6 pr PHASE).

Also I did state that the robot was engulfed in flames , but with less burnable material on the outside it would go out faster.

But I hear you and will amend for next time I blow you up .
Firstly I then think that the next gas explosion will be more a 2 phase affair .
phase 1 -shockwave ,shrapnel flying and the heatblast
phase 2 - remaining gas ,if any, burns out and a lesser heatblast pluss debris coming down again

what do you think guys?
I don't see the problem with the gas at all. Lets see what we know about the gas....

- it was found in a military research laboratory
- it burned/has explosive properties
- it was high chance it was experimental (unknown effects,duration time,acts as no other gas, was not gas at all but something similar,or other)
- contained under pressure...perhaps it wassnt and it had a steady supply of gas distributed from unknown source and was put out by a internal security system in the tank itself)
- we never tried to get a sample
- we really don't know enough to deduce all the unknown....

"I'm in no condition to drive...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!" -Homer J. Simpson

on a side note:

Here is a good reason to wear battle armor in firefights..

anyone would instinctivly aim for someone like this at a battlefield.....
Old 02-18-2009, 11:27 AM

Default well..

But it could set fire to your gear and mopp suit ?The butane baloon burns well for app 16 sec s though..And it is outdoor.I guess that would burn a t shirt through .
As for oxygene it will get some through the vents ,and the gas cant escape the room quickly so there is no just one way about imo.

Youhave to consider the heat the combustion develops -and the if the gas iis in a confined space ,it is concievable it will last longer.

Quote:
If the gas used all/most oxygen, it would simply extinguish itself. Gas does not linger much on surfaces, and like I tried to show you with the gas from the lighter, even 1300 Celsius does not burn the skin if the explosion is short lived.
Had it been napalm in the container, and it stuck to the mop suit, I guess it could burn through the flame retardant kevlar in a few phases. A gas explosion would hardly even burn through a pair of regular pants and a shirt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLAEmNLQHI
Not really a good example, but shows how gas is consumed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFMYqPIE9mc
Shows lingering gas due to cold. Still don't think it would burn through the kevlar in one phase.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Out on bail

I will not raise a formal complaint on this issue but you did ask for my opinion. No hard feelings though; in the end YOU ARE THE BOSS OF ME! ! !
Old 02-18-2009, 01:11 PM

Default yeay!

Quote:
I will not raise a formal complaint on this issue but you did ask for my opinion. No hard feelings though; in the end YOU ARE THE BOSS OF ME! ! !
cool! now drop and give me 20!

I did ask though -so dish it out .Give an example of how much shockwave damage -concussion and how much heat damage you would say is fair from a 250 kg tank blowing indoors like that

C:10 ( 10D12 and B: 20 ( 20 m primary shrapnel range and 40 m secondary shrapnel range )

plus 1D6 pr phase dmg for any location hit by burning gas was my theory .

And certainly now hard feelings-we are discussing serious science here !
Old 02-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Out on bail

You know, the reason I did not say any thing, in addition to the fact that the content of the container was unknown, was that I believe that standing right next to two hand grenades blowing up a 250 kg gas tank would instantly kill a normal human being. I inserted the "normal" to leave room for freaks of nature - just like us.

I know from the fire department in Oslo, that propane canisters of under 10 kilos have lifted buildings from their seating and torn verandas clean off of building faces. The shock wave is enormous. A diving tank filled with compressed air can shoot through a wall if the valve comes off. In the US they use aluminium tanks, and I've seen some photos of what can happen when they explode from wear - it's not pretty.

http://biobug.org/scuba/scubatank/
Old 02-18-2009, 03:03 PM

Default yeah but..

It was punctured first though -you guys were shooting the heck out of it before it blew , and I had the ignition down to the thermite one rocket scientist threw at it a few phases early that landed close .

So it wouldnt have been all of it going up at once either -an anomaly as far as explosions go.

For the record C:10 B:20 plus 1D6 /phase burn damage will more than likely kill a more regular/average character.

Quote:
You know, the reason I did not say any thing, in addition to the fact that the content of the container was unknown, was that I believe that standing right next to two hand grenades blowing up a 250 kg gas tank would instantly kill a normal human being. I inserted the "normal" to leave room for freaks of nature - just like us.

I know from the fire department in Oslo, that propane canisters of under 10 kilos have lifted buildings from their seating and torn verandas clean off of building faces. The shock wave is enormous. A diving tank filled with compressed air can shoot through a wall if the valve comes off. In the US they use aluminium tanks, and I've seen some photos of what can happen when they explode from wear - it's not pretty.

http://biobug.org/scuba/scubatank/