RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Twilight 2000 V2.2

TiggerCCW UK 02-11-2004, 07:28 AM Hi all.

I think that the biggest change with V2.2 was that the rules became D20 based. I also know that the print run was very low for 2.2 and that the chances of me getting my hands on a copy are next to none. I was wondering does anyone have a summary of the conversion to D20 that they would be willing to share? All of the group that I play with are rabid fans of WotC and if it doesn't have a D20 in it they don't want to know, so I'm pleading on bended knee for help to keep one more outpost of the game going.

Antenna 02-11-2004, 08:36 AM Take contact off list

Antenna

shrike6 02-11-2004, 03:59 PM Tig,

I know that there is supposed to be Twilight 2000 supplement for Traveller20, although it is at least a year away if not longer until that supplement comes out.

http://www.travellerrpg.com/authorcall.html#twilight

dawg180 02-12-2004, 01:14 PM In a nutshell, you add the attribute to the skill and make the roll a d20, although it is automatically one difficulty level higher if you do not have the skill at all.

They also revamped the career skill points so that it is based on a certain number of points each term, not on the characters specific job, except for the initial term. It is biased to give more points initially, and less later in life.

There is a summary of the changes in the V2 GM screen (minues the skill ppoint part, but the task resolution), and I believe there is a copy for sale on Ebay right now. That would probably be your cheapest solution to sucker the d20 folks.

TiggerCCW UK 02-14-2004, 06:57 AM Thanks for the help folks.