RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Campaign Forums > HQ's T2k Campaign > HQ - General Discussion

Old 12-31-2008, 02:40 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Exclamation California after the dawn.....

I'm thinking of posting another picture where nukes are placed
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2008, 02:48 AM
Out on bail

Default Hm

I don't get this..
Unless this is the real map, I think you should be careful posting it; some people (me) might get confused.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Willies
I don't get this..
Unless this is the real map, I think you should be careful posting it; some people (me) might get confused.
It just shows the distance between us and probably more important between us and NDP. DeCorba and TPong are the ones in real vicinity of the hated NDP and I'd guess NDP influences would be high here. Bakersfield/Sanches are in a way protected by a mountain range between him and the NDP..

You on the other hand have probably got the best base for re-populating since you are so far from any major nukeblasts. Can't say I have that experience in LA.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:10 AM
Out on bail

I completely misunderstood this hahaha I thought this was a bout three "new clear" war map; the results of the last rain of nuclear warheads.. Thankfully I was mistaken. I guess the real map is even worse for some of you guys...
Old 12-31-2008, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Willies
I completely misunderstood this hahaha I thought this was a bout three "new clear" war map; the results of the last rain of nuclear warheads.. Thankfully I was mistaken. I guess the real map is even worse for some of you guys...
thanx for reminding me...
Old 01-02-2009, 06:44 AM

Default the map

well - it actually shows the various PCs bases compared to the NDP HQ in Atascadero .Not marking any other branches of the NDP .

As for nuclear strikes I think the markers quite accurately show were warheads/dirty bombs detonated except for Eureka as far as I recall it was attacked conventionally but not by nukes.

Other strikes are possible but unconfirmed as pr gametime actual.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:35 AM

Default California After The Twilight /fall Of Night

Your characters put bits and pieces of information togeteher as stated in the NDP thread and come up with a few chilling insights to th esituation :

AS you may well have gathered there is something really ,horribly wrong .The nuclear exchange might be the reason - but others could also be relevant .

Weather : California is experiencing weather anomalies the summer of 2019 (gametime). temperatures drop rapidly by as much as 2 C* a week in a steady decline -it just keeps dropping . The shift in temperatures means that several things occur.

the Pacific spawns several storms that batter the coast and much of the inland with unprecedented strength. In the interval between the sudden and freak storms , enormous fog banks build out to sea ,and cover large portions of the state in a greyish soup that is so thick that some places visibility is down to 15-30 feet max.

The sky is darkened by soot and ashes that form a haze over the days ,blocking sunlight out to a degree.

RADSTORMS:

with the massive amount of nebulized debris and dirt from the thousands of tons of ground and buildings that have been hit by Nuclear Weapons ,radioactive fallout is abundant.generally such fallout loose its radioactivity over time , but it is still dangerous to the health if exposed to it .The winds blow the dust here and there .Finding safe areas is troublesome.Sometimes the freak weather will create massive duststorms -so-called RAD STORMS - that can completely inundate an area in finely ground dust and ash before pewtering out .Leaving the fallout behind of course .

As time progress ,people tend to die more from the agressive forms of cancer produced by such radiation , and less by the radiation poisoning that is more common earlier on .The dust was hotter then.
being caught in the open by a rad storm creates extremely dangerous hazards to health in the near future for the unlucky souls.

Travel outside is not recommended.If nescessary , the best NBC protection available should be worn.

Flora/fauna: the beaches are awash with dead fish of all kinds as the effects of radiation and other types of pollution take effect . Some places birds litteraly drop dead out of the sky in droves .Many animals move east and north east to get away from the danger of radiated dust that swirl around and slowly withers trees,grass,crops .Livestock is killed by hungry people all over .As people loose control over the land ,animals take it over whereever they can .Packs of dogs -and hybrid wolfdogs - come snooping down from the mountains .Hungry as most everything is ,they will eat their way through whatever livestock,supplies or individuals they can wrap their canines around .Some well armed people welcome them.They havent had a decent bite of meat in weeks.

Population: The population of California before the disasterous summer 2019 was app. 5 000 000. Noone have the exact numbers as the chaos and the war displaced hundreds of thousands of people and destroyed records that were being rebuilt. A large portion of this figure are people desperately trying to get away - refugees. Most have no clear destination as there is little or no news about where it might be safe .They run from day to day .Trying to avoid the radiation (unfortunately the wind carries the rad dust around for hundreds and thousands of miles) , to avoid the famine and find food and water.Not easy when whatever you find that isnt sealed might be polluted by rad dust .

( there is a general desperation when it comes to food as eveyone can see that much of crops are destroyed by the radioactive dust that coats them and makes it wither .Also the steady fall in temperatures means that growth decreases or stops another thing is that the haze from a million fires lit by nuclear blasts means that photosyntesis is hampered ).

Mayhem: Many run for other reasons as well. The breakdown of control and command means that there is noone to keep military units from taking what they want from those who cannot defend it .Many turn to marauding as they grow desperate or when they realize that they will not be punished.Roving bands of former military or militia personell,armed and desperate citizens,all sorts of psychos who welcome the new climate ,all in all several thousand groups of armed people or individuals are out to take what they want and stay alive at the expence of anyone they can take .
The people that have banded together for self defense in small communes etc are no less dangerous to strangers - they are hostile in most cases out of fear and necessity.

Diseases spread in such circumstances ,and some thought a thing of centuries past reappear. Cholera,Dysentria,fevers,and others.

All the while your characters are regaining their strenght and chewing down corned beef cans and prewar whiskey in your hideouts.Wondering about what it is REALLY like out there.

Last edited by headquarters; 02-04-2009 at 03:57 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:09 PM

Default Please Re-read The Posts In This Thread For Informational Purposes

Especially the next to last one...
Old 02-09-2009, 03:02 PM

Default RE-READ last posts !

last 3 posts please -just so no one is out of the loop .
Old 02-11-2009, 02:11 AM

Default Now Hear This! February 14 2009 Sessions Updates

Please re rread this thread -

it contains info on the general situation ,location of known nuke impacts ,etc etc

ALSO : re reading the updates on your own characters threads is a wise choice ( they have info on everything going on with your character and his base area- not many excuses about not understanding the situation on the ground that in hindsight made your choices suicidal and daft are acceptable after reading up on these posts.)

A few might be though .

DAMAGE RULES - more deadly,more realistic and nasty- recommended reading before the next session .

here is the homework :

http://thebigbookofwar.50megs.com/DO...GE%20RULES.doc

dont want to read it all ? well it says that if you get hit there is a BIG chance of serious trouble :

1. critical hits .A hit from a 1D12 pistol and no body armour = 10% chance of critical hit .A hit from a 4D12 = 40% chance etc .
Critical hits may lead to death or PC ,permanent disability,loss of scores and skills etc

2. Complications : when wounded (90% of all wound types) GM rolls a D10 for EVERY wound to check for complications .These are infections,sepsis,fragments in the wound etc .All are bad and may result in death ,permanent disability,loss of scores and skills etc etc

3. MEDICAL TREATMENT
First aid and the access to medical tratment are more important .many wounds need surgery to be set straight or else death,permanent disability ,loss of scores and skills etc may result .

in short -getting a hit -ANY hit - is potentially very nasty.

These rules have been sent out for hearings a lot of times by now , so all of you have been informed.Please be informed .

So there you are !

Hope you will enjoy the next sessions - I have taken your suggestions on realism ,death rates of PCs and the structure of the FtF session in regards to time spent on endless bickering and discussions vs time spent actually playing out a scenario seriously and changed it up a bit .

It is harder game -but I think it will be more rewarding too.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:05 AM
Field marshal with an itch

I´m sure of it.

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stegger/sets
Old 02-11-2009, 07:24 AM

Default Please Reread Info

as stated in earlier posts

reread info in this thread and th ethread concerning your character and whatever else you like .
Old 02-11-2009, 07:55 AM

Sir, yes Sir! But if by my character thread you mean "the SanSimeon situation", then there is little there. However, I should think I have the information i need to get a good grasp of the scenario and the increased danger of flying metal pieces. The situation in California, or the world for that matter, is deplorable, abject, terrifying, but oddly, that makes me optimistic! Funny that.

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

Old 02-11-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMDeCorba
Sir, yes Sir! But if by my character thread you mean "the SanSimeon situation", then there is little there. However, I should think I have the information i need to get a good grasp of the scenario and the increased danger of flying metal pieces. The situation in California, or the world for that matter, is deplorable, abject, terrifying, but oddly, that makes me optimistic! Funny that.
just admit it you are a fatalist like the rest of us.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:01 AM

But it´s much more fun when things are actually dangerous! Dangerous as in hazardous like a motorized vehicle on ice, not in "there is no way you can trust that councilmember".

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

Old 02-11-2009, 09:26 AM

Default ahem..

there have been SOME PC fatality though !

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMDeCorba
But it´s much more fun when things are actually dangerous! Dangerous as in hazardous like a motorized vehicle on ice, not in "there is no way you can trust that councilmember".
Old 02-11-2009, 12:17 PM

Yes, that comment wasn´t meant to imply that there hasn´t been.

Fieldmarshal DeCorba