RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 10-02-2015, 05:21 AM

Default P90 RECON Team Load & Hello

Hi Folks,

See this forum from The Morrow Project FB page and have been pointed here by the owner of The Supply Bunker.

These files I've uploaded to the Yahoo email list, but I believe there's a fair few of you here who are not on there. The load out is being used by my players in a game I'm presently running and is based on my views that RECON teams are first contact/general purpose teams and not combat, so are equipped to fight/defend, but not be too aggressive in appearance. The kit is also based on modernising the options as the stock loads are very pre-1990s, hence my use of molle and armoured Humvees (though on the latter I've assumed they've still been modified to use the Morrow Industries reactor power sources).

From conversations on the email list you'll also note I do not see the RECON team as combat monsters and also the number of magazines carried is based on real capabilities (it's a down side to the P90 as a heavy combat weapon, offset by the 50 round magazines) - I'm actually not a real life fan of drop leg holsters (the securing straps slip on my thighs), but realised you could not use a molle mounted holster with P90 amo pouches.

These files are based on my views and requirements, so if you want to use them but feel you need more amo, then you may do as you like
Attached Files
File Type: txt FN P90 load.txt (1,002 Bytes, 99 views)
File Type: txt Humvee Kit P90 load.txt (2.5 KB, 77 views)
File Type: txt Molle vest basic load handout.txt (1.9 KB, 74 views)
Old 10-02-2015, 05:28 AM

Oh I should add the E-factor was calculated using the equation in Kick Starter release rules (4th edition ?) and real statistics. The slightly longer round has an E-Factor of 12 (or 12) instead of 11 but can't be used in the pistol. Also the round detailed is the 'common' all user round, not the AP one that was originally intended for law enforcement agencies as part of the design requirements - I've decided to see how it goes for my party before considering whether I need to provide them with both.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:19 AM

One could test it in Chicago or Final Watch.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:48 AM

Was going to be Incident at Starnaman, but instead I'm running Operation Link Up (from an old magazine), giving me an option as carrying on with Starnaman or doing the Chicago Ruins (or was that an Aftermath scenario)
Old 10-02-2015, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapprman View Post
Was going to be Incident at Starnaman, but instead I'm running Operation Link Up (from an old magazine), giving me an option as carrying on with Starnaman or doing the Chicago Ruins (or was that an Aftermath scenario)
I think it was either one. The P90 and the V40 grenades along with the pocket CS grenades from The Armory would be a potent urban kit.
BTW, welcome! Suggestion, use a different caliber sidearm. Make the FN 5-7 an option for other load outs. Put both as special gear in caches. One or two in a 20MM can with loaded spare mags for those special problems. Or when a Barrett user needs a smaller primary weapon.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:19 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapprman View Post
Hi Folks,

See this forum from The Morrow Project FB page and have been pointed here by the owner of The Supply Bunker.

These files I've uploaded to the Yahoo email list, but I believe there's a fair few of you here who are not on there. The load out is being used by my players in a game I'm presently running and is based on my views that RECON teams are first contact/general purpose teams and not combat, so are equipped to fight/defend, but not be too aggressive in appearance. The kit is also based on modernising the options as the stock loads are very pre-1990s, hence my use of molle and armoured Humvees (though on the latter I've assumed they've still been modified to use the Morrow Industries reactor power sources).

From conversations on the email list you'll also note I do not see the RECON team as combat monsters and also the number of magazines carried is based on real capabilities (it's a down side to the P90 as a heavy combat weapon, offset by the 50 round magazines) - I'm actually not a real life fan of drop leg holsters (the securing straps slip on my thighs), but realised you could not use a molle mounted holster with P90 amo pouches.

These files are based on my views and requirements, so if you want to use them but feel you need more amo, then you may do as you like
Hello back!

Thanks for bringing this over. I am not a member of any of the Yahoo groups.

The original cartridge for the Fabrique Nationale (FN) P90 was an armor piercing cartridge meant to defeat soviet body armor with titanium plates installed.

Since it is a Personal Defense Weapon meant for cooks, clerks, and radio operators that otherwise have their hands full; I would see this as a substitution for the Uzi or Mac 10 submachineguns.