RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Campaign Forums > HQ's T2k Campaign > HQ - General Discussion

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2009, 02:47 AM

Default Next Mission

starting a thread for mission related discussion

-primarily :

WHAT IS THE NEXT MISSION ??
-If you can agree what you want before we meet FtF we will save a lot of time .

Also :
gear,
organization
tactics/strategy
and
planning&logistics

can be done here.

Feel free to ask questions if you need info from the GM to do either .

Last edited by headquarters; 01-19-2009 at 06:02 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Field marshal with an itch

Default A NIGHT OUT IN NDP TERRITORY, drinks on the house for survivors

You are hereby cordially invited to attend

A NIGHT OUT IN NDP TERRITORY- a soiree of sorts

for the purpose of gathering intelligence on the dastardly subterranean fanatics, their strengths, weaknesses and morale (or lack thereof).
There shall be much merriment with the firing of live ammunition on live targets and such and so forth.

The weekend starts off with a hearty meal at DeCorba Castle, followed by a night patrol into the nearby NDP-controlled territory, whichafter we once again gather round the table (or on it, in case we need surgery) for a well rounded meal of veal and/or morphine as well as pre-pre-war whisky from the Fieldmarshal´s private cellar.

RSVP

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stegger/sets
Old 01-27-2009, 04:37 AM

Default very good, Sir!

July 21st 1900 hrs DeCorba Castle Temperature :19 C*

The hazy evening sky dimmed out the setting sun .A veil of greyish mist covered it ,leaving only a bleak luminecsent disc where once a fiery orchestra of colours had played out in sunsets past. DeCorba stood peering out from behind the steel shutters that covered the windows.To think that the sunsets from the castle had once been the envy of all the richest people of its heyday.He guessed that it might still be though ,looking down on the land below his castle -already in darkness so early in the day .The soft sound of footsteps approaching made him turn .His wife came up to him .Still looking straight as an arrow -a beautiful figure.Even if she did have the gas mask on .They all did now.The tinyest speck of dust inhaled into the lungs or lodged in the throath could be fatal.The children hated the masks .He didnt dare tell them of the fate of the kids who had no masks or whose filters had been saturated .He saw them strewn along the wayside every day as he went out on patrols.Instead he chided them gently and promised even more fantastic rewards for them every new day if they just would keep the masks on.His candy debt was in the hundreds of pounds range already.Ah well.Soon they would be rid of the masks when inside .In a few weeks the masks could come of for as long as there was no wind when outside.The dust will cool of he told himself over and over .
His wife handed him the gunbelt.He put the belt on not bothering to check the gun or the spare magazines.He knew she would have personally cleaned and loaded the pistol.

Funny how she always grew warmer towards him when times were hard .

Tonight he would begin walking through the coastal ranges.Sometime tomorrow he would be at his objective.Atascadero - deep in NDP country.

wether or not you actually play the rest of this patrol is up to the players to agree on .

Last edited by headquarters; 02-03-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:22 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters
The hazy evening sky dimmed out the setting sun .A veil of greyish mist covered it ,leaving only a bleak luminecsent disc where once a fiery orchestra of colours had played out in sunsets past. DeCorba stood peering out from behind the steel shutters that covered the windows.To think that the sunsets from the castle had once been the envy of all the richest people of its heyday.He guessed that it might still be though ,looking down on the land below his castle -already in darkness so early in the day .The soft sound of footsteps approaching made him turn .His wife came up to him .Still looking straight as an arrow -a beautiful figure.Even if she did have the gas mask on .They all did now.The tinyest speck of dust inhaled into the lungs or lodged in the throath could be fatal.The children hated the masks .He didnt dare tell them of the fate of the kids who had no masks or whose filters had been saturated .He saw them strewn along the wayside every day as he went out on patrols.Instead he chided them gently and promised even more fantastic rewards for them every new day if they just would keep the masks on.His candy debt was in the hundreds of pounds range already.Ah well.Soon they would be rid of the masks when inside .In a few weeks the masks could come of for as long as there was no wind when outside.The dust will cool of he told himself over and over .
His wife handed him the gunbelt.He put the belt on not bothering to check the gun or the spare magazines.He knew she would have personally cleaned and loaded the pistol.

Funny how she always grew warmer towards him when times were hard .

Tonight he would begin walking through the coastal ranges.Sometime tomorrow he would be at his objective.Atascadero - deep in NDP country.
hmmm intersting....how would I get myself a wife like that.....all the women my character meet are; deranged unreliable,insane,evil,psychotic and has tendences towards suicide...ahh women ...the highs get higher and the lows get more frequent.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:47 AM

Default well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Pain
hmmm intersting....how would I get myself a wife like that.....all the women my character meet are; deranged unreliable,insane,evil,psychotic and has tendences towards suicide...ahh women ...the highs get higher and the lows get more frequent.
Imagine the type of woman that actually enters into a relationship with the general- the head of a death cult and a man with thousands of lives on his hands.(consider the sudden and inexplicable deaths of his close family members over the years ).

Takes a special sort of woman I guess.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters
Imagine the type of woman that actually enters into a relationship with the general- the head of a death cult and a man with thousands of lives on his hands.(consider the sudden and inexplicable deaths of his close family members over the years ).

Takes a special sort of woman I guess.

they were all accident prone - my conscience is clean
Old 01-27-2009, 08:11 AM

Default ha!

Quote:
they were all accident prone - my conscience is clean
what conscience?
Old 01-28-2009, 10:08 AM

Default ooops

he he u got me there
Old 01-30-2009, 02:23 AM

Default Tristate mission it is .

I understand that the next one will be tsrf .

Further discussion on this is covered in the tristate mission thread.

This thread will continue when there is the next "next mission " to consider.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:26 AM
Out on bail

Cool 3-state rf

Sooo we have all agreed upon the tristate RF mission? Or would that be tri-smoldering-ruin research facility?

Anyway, I'm totally into that. I'll be there; heart, guns and prosthetic limbs flailing!
Old 01-30-2009, 03:56 AM

Default yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Willies
Sooo we have all agreed upon the tristate RF mission? Or would that be tri-smoldering-ruin research facility?

Anyway, I'm totally into that. I'll be there; heart, guns and prosthetic limbs flailing!
thats what I have been led to belive -yes.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:58 AM

Depending on the time we use in this mission (TSRF) I suggest we afterwards have to see what we can bring to help our comrades on the Kodiak-base (WillisCo).

There is a huge naval-force heading there - eta:24-36 hours

if we are to take revenge for our last (mission/hawaii) we will all have to see what we can spare - I am afraid that ultimatly it seems we are outnumbered

they have 10k soldiers
Old 01-30-2009, 07:06 AM
Out on bail

Default Kodiak

I'll try to hold on for as long as I can, but if we play the 3srf mission, the situation at Kodiak will be over long before we get back. Perhaps we (me, that is) need to use the eject button, and surrender Kodiak to it's destiny..

I'll be accepting advice on this one.

What bad news, if any, did you guys receive?

Quote:
Depending on the time we use in this mission (TSRF) I suggest we afterwards have to see what we can bring to help our comrades on the Kodiak-base (WillisCo).

There is a huge naval-force heading there - eta:24-36 hours

if we are to take revenge for our last (mission/hawaii) we will all have to see what we can spare - I am afraid that ultimatly it seems we are outnumbered

they have 10k soldiers
Old 01-30-2009, 07:12 AM

Agreed upon what? I´m not into the 3srf thing.
Two options for me: NDP patrol or helping out in Santa Maria.

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

Old 01-30-2009, 07:16 AM
Out on bail

Default The new news

Seems "someone" is giving us a hand, trying to "help" us agree upon certain issues. I reported to HQ that I felt we had too many fires burning at the same time; we will not be able to start the session running, as there will be too many greedy kids crying for attention. We will have to focus on one or a few item in order to get anything done at all.

Perhaps we need to start a new strategy thread? We need to work together in order to survive this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMDeCorba
Old 02-01-2009, 08:08 AM

Default mission

Quote:

not to worry - if you want to do something else than the rest go right ahead.

I have the NDP "Prisoner patrol " mission all ready and set .

I have other stuff ready too.

Please send a PM detailing briefly what you are going to do -we can start of as you set out next FtF where the little sit rep chapter ended..
Old 02-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Out on bail

Default hmmm

I'm not feeling that this thread has helped a lot. What is going on? I can hardly tell right now, between all the local bullying of refugees (not all done by PCs), the onset of atomic winter, general dystopic conditions in the country, and now the return of a 10 000 man strong MilGovAsia fleet. And that's just the soldiers! Adding to that is all the men running the countless (not really, but still blocking my view) vessels supporting the hangar ship cruising towards Kodiak, of all places.

Well, I evacuate as much as I can. I'll use any and all boats I can to bring as much of my stored goods as possible down to Eureka. More important are all the soldiers I got there. All personnel is to be evacuated to Eureka. Poison what's left of the food, and hide it so I know it will be found.

I'll send a more detailed plan as PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:11 PM

Default agreed-it is a mess Willis.

it is a big mess alright.thats the thing about the apocalypse - its messy.

and so far this thread hasnt helped much.

but you dont HAVE to agree on priorities..

shuffling your pawns around like that will give you some breathing space on the mainland is the general sentiment in your improvised ops room at the railroad station.

You dont have to do anything about the supply list from KODIAK - just PM me what kind of goods you take the most of ( you have app 2000 tons capacity all ships in total -I will edit the base document according to what gets through the MilGov patrols...)
Old 02-02-2009, 05:21 PM

Oh-k...

So what will be the verdict? Unless someone cooks up a really good suggestion, I´ll do what anyone would do if it was a real apocalypse, that is stay home and take care of the family.
Or, I (we) could start securing a road to Santa Maria, this would benefit more than myself, and could generate all the dice rolling we crave so much.

And let me just repeat my cordial invitation to a night out in.. well you´ve all seen it, but no one have replied.
Didn´t your mothers teach you the meaning of RSVP?

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

Old 02-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Out on bail

Quote:
Didn´t your mothers teach you the meaning of RSVP?
I don't know what kind of fetish games you were taught at home, but I for one would like to have one question answered:

Who's turn is it to be session leader? I believe the main reason why we introduced that role was to cut down on the bickering and tiresome, wasteful talk, and speed up manly decision-making.

And as it seems the situation at Kodiak is now under control for a while, I'll be happy to join a road patrol of sorts.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:48 AM

Default aahh..fascism..

Quote:
I don't know what kind of fetish games you were taught at home, but I for one would like to have one question answered:

Who's turn is it to be session leader? I believe the main reason why we introduced that role was to cut down on the bickering and tiresome, wasteful talk, and speed up manly decision-making.

And as it seems the situation at Kodiak is now under control for a while, I'll be happy to join a road patrol of sorts.

seems that there is a little fascist in most of us.It is reassuring in a way.

Good question though -who is you leader ? ( take me to him..)

hehe

I think that the nextmission thread should be used after a thourough discussion of common goals has been had on one of the strategy threads in the HQs campaign forum.If you clarify what common interests you have -if any - and what would benefit these you might be on to something .
meanwhile:

in gametime:

July 21st 2019 0815hrs Temperature :20C*

A series of MilGov patrolships have been sighted up and down the Pacific coast ,as far south as Monterey,CA. They vary in type and seaworthiness indicating that supply might be an issue with these units.They do fly the Star Sprangled banner though,and they hav elanded small patrols to do some checking on the conditions inland .They soon pack up and head out again -sometimes running for their lives from hungry armed people.

In other shared intel that you have ,small convoys have been spotted heading east from NDP territory towards the Bakersfield region,its everyones guess why.

Also the rumours of the proclamation of a new king has been made public in the Sierras
Old 02-04-2009, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Who's turn is it to be session leader?
Good question! Answer it HQ.

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

Old 02-04-2009, 05:07 AM

Default difficult question to answer

Quote:
Good question! Answer it HQ.
really ..

so many factors to take into account.

if you are all out on a raid or whatever its easy .But now you are back in your spider caves weawing your webs again..

I suggest an election.

the position - spokesperson and leader for the " fiercly independent and unpredictable warlords association"

the mandate- to try and cut through the gibberish and manly make a decsision that can be forced upon the others/acceptable to the others

only one vote pr player please.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:20 AM

Default no progress

there seems to be no progress in the discussions so far -but no worries .

"If Mohammed cant go to the mountain ,the mountain must come to Mohammed."

there will be lots of opportunities for gameplay , even if you didnt manage to come up with one teeny weeeny little shred of a single common interest to pursue .

but there has been som really good tries -so give your selves a big hand

there is -of course -something in store for one and all .Even if you didnt manage to end the relentless and perpetual bickering.I promise that our next FtF shall not fall into the category of sessions where most of it was spent in a 7 hour discussion on what to do before we wrapped it up with a 30 min firefight at the end .

I remain yours truly -the fascist GM - who will not stray from what I percieve as the commonly accepted gaming reality in gametime actual , and I bow , of course, to the collective mind of our gaming group and its many autonomus decisisons to:

" go it alone-together " .
Old 02-05-2009, 08:41 AM

Right. Looks like securing roads should be high on the list for everyone, an unavoidable step towards consolidation no matter who gets to lead in what sense.

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

Old 02-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Out on bail

Default Salt, bitter salt..

Which mission is more popular? And I'm not talking about converting unclean, non-believers, but killing them, or at least most of them. Well maybe not most of them, but I'll give it a try, that's for sure. Not that I have anything the unclean, but hey, don't step out in front of my gun, I told you that. You know, I TOLD you. Don't look at me like that; I was sure you went for the gun - you know 'Pick it up!' - I would NEVER shoot anyone in the back if I didn't think they were going for their gun. Unless there was a lot at stake! ..or at least more than just a little bit.

Anyway, however you choose to cope with what you see in the mirror, you still gotta earn your salt, and that's what this is about; how should we earn our salt!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:45 AM

Default hehe

well , I will in my usual way try to make you earn it by recycling the corpses of your bullet hole riddled PCs to :salt.

(semi fair odds will be given though ,after all I am sort of fair and balanced)
Old 02-09-2009, 01:15 AM

ok you can close the poll now - my suggestion has 100% - so no reason to continue this rather futile discussion
Old 02-09-2009, 02:09 AM
Out on bail

Resistance is FUTILE!!

Quote:
ok you can close the poll now - my suggestion has 100% - so no reason to continue this rather futile discussion
Old 02-09-2009, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Resistance is FUTILE!!
so how about joing in my quest to get the railroads open again - it will be the wildest wild west ever