RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Campaign Forums > HQ's T2k Campaign > HQ - General Discussion

View Poll Results: Who should lead
AirMarshall Rupert Willis - your capitan on the high seas 0 0%
General Rudolph Pain - former master of life and death in PacGov 1 25.00%
Lady Taksahi- leader of the most noble house of Takashi 1 25.00%
General Sanchez - the espionage king pin 0 0%
"Baron" DeCorba - neo feudal lord of the coast 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2009, 05:35 AM

Default election season 5 ep 1 2009 "ELECTIONDAY MASSACRE"

who should LEAD ?

cast your votes .

(actual gameplay is not bound by any result from the vote -but others MIGHT get pissed if you dont stand by your word..)

Election is NOT secret - anyones vote is public information to all other warlords .

If the one with th emost votes is ineligible or stands down , number two takes her/his place .

hehe

as if any of you can..

hahahahahaaaaaaaaa!
Old 02-04-2009, 05:43 AM
Out on bail

Default [sigh]

I dread to say this, but I believe it's Gen Sanchez' turn. Please, PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong.

I have not cast my vote yet.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:55 AM

Default hmm ..lets see

Jungles of Belize was House Takashi..sad story .What a tragic waste of life.

The High Seas was capt.Willis ..yaarrr!

Invasion of Hawaii was gen .Pain ( run away!every man for himself!!)

Sanchez and FMDeCorba - did you get your turns yet ? Doing what ?
Old 02-04-2009, 06:45 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters
Jungles of Belize was House Takashi..sad story .What a tragic waste of life.

The High Seas was capt.Willis ..yaarrr!

Invasion of Hawaii was gen .Pain ( run away!every man for himself!!)

Sanchez and FMDeCorba - did you get your turns yet ? Doing what ?
sanchez had the mormon rescue

and i think decorba had something in oregon/washington state?
Old 02-04-2009, 07:05 AM

Default oh yeah..

--thats right .

-during the 2017-2018 campaigns of the 2nd american Civil War inthe Pacific Coast theatre you all had an operation to start out the leadership rotation :

-Sanchez had the lightning panzer raid into Utah to save the council of elder stooges for PacGov

-DeCorba had the operation anvil attack to beat back the MilGov forces incursion into Idaho

-Willis had the hunt for the enemy ace in the Sierra Nevadas airwar

-gen.Pain had the invasion/liberation of Hawaii

-House Takashi then commanded the ops in Belize

-WillisCo CEO Rupert Willis captained the High Seas mission to Subic Bay

anyways - I do not as of yet know whos turn it is (Willis went twice ) .
I think its fairer that you all decide -if you cant ,well that fits your warlord in a devestated country profile perfectly

you could always go by your traditional MO- "take it to the matresses.."

and if you do choose a leader -what will be his/her authority over the other PCs now that you are all entrenched back home and not out on an operation ?will he have a greater say in what your plan of action should be ? or is he a war-chief , commanding only the "raiding party" when it deploys?

and why such little and inefficient discusssion on strategy and planning ?(see other threads)

anyways
let the canvasing begin!

please accompany your vote by a post with moving accolade to your PC and why he should be elected leader

Last edited by headquarters; 02-04-2009 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:31 AM
Out on bail

I vote for the Baron. I believe that he'll do a great job under the circumstances. It's fair to claim it's his turn.
The Baron is a visionary when it come to commandeering in the field. We have been discussing the topic (of how the session commander should behave) on and off, and I'm looking forward to seeing his ideas transformed into practice.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:49 AM

Default what the F***?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Willies
I vote for the Baron. I believe that he'll do a great job under the circumstances. It's fair to claim it's his turn.
The Baron is a visionary when it come to commandeering in the field. We have been discussing the topic (of how the session commander should behave) on and off, and I'm looking forward to seeing his ideas transformed into practice.
My god!!!!! Have they had sales on madness pills in you parts???? Where does this sudden change of intellect come from????? I'm shocked and to tell the truth quite amazed......just kdding.....not really hehe

I must agree that attacking NDP is a good if not excellent idea, but as long as none of us have their neighbours/scruffies/former employes etc under controll how can we succesfully engage NDP?

In my opinion we should get a vaiable transport from bakers to la to santamaria to san simeon operational first - train seems to be the best option.

Then we recruit and conquer.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:56 AM

Talking Vote General Pain 2019

Vote for the only viable candidate.

He will get America up and running again.

He is like Germany :ambitious and misunderstood.

Vote for the man who never lies,General Pain

He will see too your every need.

vote for general pain for a happier tomorrow.

do you wan't this: (the other candidates)

or this: (General Pain's vision for the future)

Last edited by General Pain; 02-04-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:59 AM

Default interesting turn of events

THIS IS KNOWNOTHING RUNYOURMOUTH reporting LIVE from the PACTV CAMPAIGN MONITORING CENTER :

the WillisCo vote for FMDeCorba came as a surprise to analysts and pundits across the board when it was revealed today .The unexpected but powerful endorsement came after speculations that FMdeCorba was planning to stay at home and mind his own business during the ongoing apocalypse rather than go off and blow stuff up .

The fact that someone used their vote for SOMEONE OTHER THAN THEMSELVES is not unheard of , but for this tactic to be used this early in the race is certainly a new trend in PACGOV politics .

In a statement from general Pains campaign headquarters that among other things contained some obvious slurs against AirMarshall Willis it was made clear that such a choice would not benefit the people of California today nor indeed the people of the world ,TOMORROW!

As the campaign enters a crucial phase -its still a neck to neck raise and all the options are open

-back to you ,Jill
Old 02-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Out on bail

Well, I suppose it would have made more sense in a painesque way to vote for myself, but seeing that I've been in charge twice (first time was a very brief affair, second time a mighty tale of frolicking at sea), I felt it was time to back someone else.

Like I said, I've been discussing in-game leadership tactics with DeCorba, and I think for this type of session, with (hopefully) lots of bullet-time, DeCorbas ideas should prove fruitful. If we all pull together like a team.

That said, I do not necessarily think that making DeCorba the leader entitles him to choose mission completely on his own.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:56 AM

Default Breaking News

In a shock announcement this afternoon, Rupert Willis ,CEO of WillisCo said that he was in the process of consolidating a Provisional Californian Goverment alongsides remnants of the MilGov Asia forces .

Speculations run wild as to how this will affect the outcome of the election ,and indeed on the fate of California it self .

Some analysts at PACTV CAMPAIGN MONITORING CENTER stated that the timing for the announcement severly discredits Willis vote for FMDeCorba as the new Warlord Association Leader .

Responses from other warlords have not been made yet -but there is sure to be reactions to this one

for PACTV News , this is Marla Ratings
Old 02-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Field marshal with an itch

I appreciate the trust, and call upon all involved to disregard the banal and crude propaganda coming from Pain

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stegger/sets
Old 02-04-2009, 12:23 PM

Default :)

Quote:
Well, I suppose it would have made more sense in a painesque way to vote for myself, but seeing that I've been in charge twice (first time was a very brief affair, second time a mighty tale of frolicking at sea), I felt it was time to back someone else.

Like I said, I've been discussing in-game leadership tactics with DeCorba, and I think for this type of session, with (hopefully) lots of bullet-time, DeCorbas ideas should prove fruitful. If we all pull together like a team.

That said, I do not necessarily think that making DeCorba the leader entitles him to choose mission completely on his own.
Apology accepted!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 12:23 PM

See?

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

Old 02-04-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMDeCorba
I appreciate the trust, and call upon all involved to disregard the banal and crude propaganda coming from Pain
Apology Accepted!!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 12:24 PM

Excactly

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

Old 02-04-2009, 02:06 PM

Exclamation We need new ideas

I have now red a lot of stuff that has been posted here, and I must admit that I would like the strategy to change a little bit in the upcomming session.

After the last nuclear exchange I belive that preparation for high-tech warfare beween states and optimizing industrial growth is not the way to proceed. I am sick of paperwork and table reading. I believe that shorter more intense lives will bring back the spirit of the game and hopfully occational acts of cooperation.

We should put our dreams of world domination behind us an focus on how we can SHAPE the chaotic world around us and CREATE a perfect community from scratch. If we join NDP and old the other fractions that were shaken, but not destroyed in the previous war, we will after a while be back to where we started, in a forever stalemate with other fractions. Wars will be fought, yes, but they will be short on end with a draw. Borders will be redrawn and player will after a while starts to loose limbs. But it will be the same old story over again.

I would like to play something new and disturbing.
People are pretty depressed after the last war and looking for something meaningful in their miserable lives. Since TV and quality booze is in short supply today, that something could be RELIGION. I believe we should start a doomsday sect, complete with brain-washing units and human sacrifices based on the old Mexican cultures in a slightly more modern world featuring the best parts of Pol Pots Cambodia.

The plan will probably take 5-10 years to complete.
*) We need to find remote areas suitable for farming and set up a community there
*) Refugees, there should be plenty of them now, will form the basis for the working force, and after a while also contribute in the armed forces
*) A city name like UTOPIA will be chosen for advertisement purposes. Promises of shelter and food will also be useful. The only requisite for accepance will be total submission to OUR GODS.
*) Nobody leaves the community. Everybody works hard and are happy. Otherwise they disappear
*) The people will of course be subject to long term brain washing. Spectacular "miracles" toghether with systematic starvation (the carrot and stick approach following Pavlos principles) will over years make them religous and fanatic.
*) Our culture is cruel. Humans must be sacrificed to please the Gods, and the taking of prisoners of war to be used in religous rituals is considered a most coragous act by our servicemen.
*) Although not neccesarily militarily super-strong, we can still acheive considerable success on the battlefield due to FEAR of sacrificial death in the civilial population, and respect of our soldiers fanatical moral in our enemys armed forces.
*) Military strategy should be based on accumulating farm land and workers (for brain processing) in rural USA.
*) Politics however should always be directed inward. We will have no diplomatic ties with other fractions. Trade is not neccesary, we obtain our wealth by plundering. This strategy will probably have to revised after some while, but a key to initial success is ISOLATION and FEAR.
*) Culture is important. The peaople of our happy society should get used to perform strange rituals, learn a new invented language and e.g always shave their head. This will, over time, strengthen the effect of the brain washing.

Leadership:
This is of course the difficult part; one high priest should be suffient. The rest of us could be simple priest. Needless to say, in such a community all community act, including war, is based on religion.
Since I assume all players want to be high priest in such a beautiful community, this could be resolved be the tossing of a dice, or a submission fight between the players. I belive such a decision is far too important to be subject to democracy. Players that are weak and feel that they don't have the stomach for such a great undertaking can of course choose not to accept the position of high priest.

Although there are still some details that are not worked out in the plan, I believe I have clearly outlined a sketch for you.
It is now your decision whether you want to continue with the old low key high-tech warfare we have been doing for years or if you would like to shape the world around you and create a culture of your own.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:28 PM

Default welcome Sanchez

good to have you onboard.

arrived with a primal growl of dark religion you did .

I welcome this post and its clear strategy -it is what the discussion needs.

I am all for religious freedom.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Out on bail

*Willies covertly is reaching for his tranquilliser gun; slowly slowly let him move closer*

Well, while I certainly agree with the last speaker, Mr. Sanchez, on some points, I find most of his so-called strategy to be utmost nonsense. How can any cult with respect for itself deal with only one high priest?! And how come he doesn't plan for forced mating? I say this man is a delusional megalomaniac, not fit for governing his own shoes.

But as I said, I do agree on some points. We should strive to make the better of the situation without ending up in the same boring place we were. Bullet-time is of essence!
Old 02-04-2009, 03:46 PM

Default Welcome Sanchez

Good to see you are as insane as u used to be he he.

I allready have a growing religion so that part is allready covered. But as stated earlier. I think we must fin a new place with some resources (food/gas/iron/salt) take it and prosper. Untill we find this "holy land" we keep our keeps if possible try to group our forces to conquer our enemy.

Resistance is futile-style hehe

As for who's incharge I suggest we each cast one vote (yes/no or ai/ney)(etc) and we act on those decisions.

The holy land should be nuke free. (as in not hit by a nuke - we can offcourse bring nukes into it)
Old 02-04-2009, 03:49 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters
good to have you onboard.

arrived with a primal growl of dark religion you did .

I welcome this post and its clear strategy -it is what the discussion needs.

I am all for religious freedom.
...or in Sanchez' Religion for Doom.....
Old 02-04-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez
After the last nuclear exchange I belive that preparation for high-tech warfare beween states and optimizing industrial growth is not the way to proceed. I am sick of paperwork and table reading. I believe that shorter more intense lives will bring back the spirit of the game and hopfully occational acts of cooperation.
Yes, so far we agree. But how you are going to reach the above mentioned goal(s) with your plan of creating a bloodthirsty cult is beyond me. One way of drastically altering gameplay and thereby increasing dicerolls directly related to player character actions is to form a sort of mercenary force and rent ourselves out to the highest bidder, if we wish to cooperate. I have already started to set up a firm of this kind, and like all new businesses it will take some time before breakeven. Nonetheless, this will result in a less stressful situation for me and the family on DeCorba castle. Also, and this is important, it will result in more hands-on action time for the Fieldmarshal, fighting is after all his biggest passion besides his pompous hobbies

PS: I do not receive emails from you guys anymore, whats up with that? I know they´re being sent, they just dont arrive..NSA has us by the shorthairs

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

Old 02-05-2009, 01:09 AM

Default hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Pain
Good to see you are as insane as u used to be he he.

I allready have a growing religion so that part is allready covered. But as stated earlier. I think we must fin a new place with some resources (food/gas/iron/salt) take it and prosper. Untill we find this "holy land" we keep our keeps if possible try to group our forces to conquer our enemy.

Resistance is futile-style hehe

As for who's incharge I suggest we each cast one vote (yes/no or ai/ney)(etc) and we act on those decisions.

The holy land should be nuke free. (as in not hit by a nuke - we can offcourse bring nukes into it)

that sort of command has been tried historically -what you need that THEY didnt use , is a punishment for those who back out of a decision that has been "ayed" in from a majority . ( Is this proposal coming because you are behind in the polls ,Pain ..he?

HE??

EY?
Old 02-05-2009, 01:18 AM

Default Radical change

Starting a mercanary operation is hardly what I call a radical change of playing. It is an easy way of starting a session whiout the need for a strategy and will probably result in the deaths of some NPCs, I agree, but whithout a common goal we will quickly be stuck in the old pattern, where the only goal is personal wealth and power again. This inevetable leads to large omounts of paperwork and boring administration. We need something to pool our resources for, and we need something MEANINGFUL to spend our income on. In such a disillusioned world I believe RELIGION is the most meaningful, and most attractive, common denominator of all people. The world we live in will, if we act now before it starts to re-sivilise, is a gigantic market for cheap labour and has the potential for a strong power base.

WE CAN CHANGE THE SIVILISATION OF THE WORLD!

This is our chance to change history. The fiifth world war could be the turing point where the old wastern sivilisation collapsed and a stonger, more adaptive and more cruel sivilisation raised up from the rubble.
We can lead that sivilisation!
We can reject the old culture that brought such devastation to our forefathers!
We can make the people of the world worship OUR GODS!

We will have to wait for the next world war before we get such a chance again! We must act now!

The details of this undertaking can of course be discussed: The leadership structure and the issue of forced mating to mention two.

As I said earlier, not all the details have been worked out, and I would very much like a discussion on that.

But a "let's go out in the forrest and find someone to shoot approach" will not anything to the game.

Let us pray...
Old 02-05-2009, 01:25 AM

Default election update

Quote:
*Willies covertly is reaching for his tranquilliser gun; slowly slowly let him move closer*

Well, while I certainly agree with the last speaker, Mr. Sanchez, on some points, I find most of his so-called strategy to be utmost nonsense. How can any cult with respect for itself deal with only one high priest?! And how come he doesn't plan for forced mating? I say this man is a delusional megalomaniac, not fit for governing his own shoes.

But as I said, I do agree on some points. We should strive to make the better of the situation without ending up in the same boring place we were. Bullet-time is of essence!
The statement made by Rupert Willis ,CEO of what is left of the WillisCorporation, was a sharp rebuttle .Confronting Sanchez on key issues such as strategy and selfrespect it also had personal characterization .Many experts now believe that the election is moving in to a phase of smear campaigning. This reporter believes that there will be skeletons brought out from the closets in th edays to come .The biggest scandals of this campaign are still budding at this point .Who knows what dark secrets might be brought to light in this political climate.

This is Reginald Talkalot for PACTV News
Old 02-05-2009, 02:42 AM

Default .

Let's get the railroads working!

find a common enemy

and find the promised lands

no more supid we have done this before arguments

we are still alive and that means we have done some good things in the past.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:37 AM

Default Vote for sale

If you want my vote, Pain, you'll have to buy it!

I would have expected more cooperation from you, the general that built a glorious horror-empire with your own hands. I thought you knew that success is not built on personal greed alone, but also on visions for the future and brutal subjugation.

My demands are simple: No more western industrialising, more religious dictatorship and simple life.

Do you want my vote?
Old 02-05-2009, 03:49 AM

Default lol

Quote:

I would have expected more cooperation from you, the general that built a glorious horror-empire with your own hands. I thought you knew that success is not built on personal greed alone, but also on visions for the future and brutal subjugation.

My demands are simple: No more western industrialising, more religious dictatorship and simple life.

Do you want my vote?
reading all of you guys` posts I have to admit -there are many talented politicians among you.

Its just like I imagine real politik is done IRL.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:09 AM

Quote:

Do you want my vote?
I'll buy it.

wats the price
Old 02-05-2009, 04:19 AM

Default the beauty of democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Pain
I'll buy it.

wats the price

Its lovely .

Since Pain is already operating a dark blood cult with a religious dictatorship you seem like a perfect match .