RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 12-07-2018, 08:20 AM

Default Morrow Project Prison

As I was looking through my 4th edition again, this little paragraph caught my eye:
Occasional rumors go around that the Project maintains
a special bolt-hole in a remote area, where washouts
who have seen too much—such as the fusion reactors—
are kept “on ice” in cryo-tubes for revival after
the war, when their knowledge will no longer be a
threat to the Project.
So this stark bolt-hole must be larger than a team sized one, possibly a network of them. These hold those recruits that didn't make the cut that know too much and, by logical extension, those that the MP intelligence branch find that somehow discovered MP secrets and must be neutralized but have skills that may be useful to the Project. I assume it only has banks of cryo-tubes and not much else. Why would it? Discovering such a cache of misfits and malcontents might make for some interesting times.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:31 AM

I'm not sure about this one. I can see the possibility of this being needed. But I'm of two minds on this. If they passed the background checks and cadre training, but turn out to be security risks, they would have to have a seriously major skill set that the Project thinks it will need. On the other hand, if they are a major security risk AND they don't have skills the Project needs, I wonder if the Project would arrange a little "industrial accident?"

Not too sure that I would want to be involved with a Project capable of such a cold-blooded decision.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:05 PM

I use this little paragraph to explain the 'Frozen Chosen', knowledge of Project, dispersed locations, little centralization of power, etc. I think a number of them developed 'religion' after training and the Project was able to separate them from normal distribution to prevent a hostile 'cult of personality' following to a 'savior'.
Old 12-14-2018, 06:25 PM

I was going to comment on field units, prisons and the US constitution but I suddenly realised it's a hot button topic these days.

To be short; I think field teams would have settlements create a judiciary and prison system which they are subject to

EDIT: Also The Morrow Project places great importance on maintaining the moral high ground. The whole idea of freezing these individuals who are unable to be contact team members is so they can use these well educated individuals in post-resettlement tasks. They may need too much support to be included in the highly self-reliant contact teams