RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Campaign Forums > HQ's T2k Campaign > HQ - General Discussion

Old 06-02-2009, 01:28 AM

Default SEASON 5 ep 3 BAADHUSET "CRITICAL CONDITION"

A killer FtF people - great show.

I have had the thumbs up from General Pain for the traditional ,annual, fabulous ,unforgettable

"BAADHUSET sessions".

The date is set

06.08-09.08

The beautiful nature of the South coast ,the warm hearted and genuinely classy hospitality of our wonderful host and hostess,the warm sun ,the cold beer -the furious rattle of dice on the table .

My eyes get moist right now just from thinking on it .

We are talking about a few days or a weekend in the beginning of August .

Please post your answers here ASAP.I have to be out early to enlist people because of holiday arrangements etc etc .

and oh yeah - bring back up characters .

those of you who are cultivating a bloodline or a noble house best develop one or 2 suitable heirs so that a smooth transition of power can take place in the event of the worst possible happening .

Last edited by headquarters; 06-03-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:24 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Talking I'm there...

just say when

from
thursday 6.... and the following weekend

or
thursday 13....and the following weekend

or
thursday 20....and the following weekend

offcourse we can allways start earlier...since I have vacation it doesn't really matter when we start.

I can offcourse provide with sleeping arangments...
Old 06-03-2009, 12:03 PM

Default as stated 06.08 and the following weekend

has been approved by the home office .
Old 06-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Out on bail

I've been advice by my boss, that under no circumstances am I allowed to take less than 5 weeks off this summer! So I cannot see how I will not be there!

I'm looking forward to this year's instalment of The Baadhus Sessions!!
Old 06-04-2009, 12:56 AM

and welcome you are
Old 06-04-2009, 01:52 AM

Default nice

I got a locale -and 2 players so far .

The game is ON mutta****ers!!

YEAH!!

going to be looking forward to this one ALL summer .
Old 06-05-2009, 01:57 AM

Default Somewhere on Route 299 ,Central Valley October 1st 2019 Temperature + 6 C*

[I]
A pale sun shone through a dim haze of ash and smoke in the stratosphere, down on a burnt and ruined landscape dotted with buildings untouched and patches of growth that had yet to die .Crows swarmed over a lot a few hundred meters out from his well hidden position . In the distance, a black streak of smoke drifted upwards from some burning vehicle or house .Other than that nothing moved in this desolate part of the northern central valley .

A chilly wind blew gusts of dust covering Lt.Reyes of Detachment "A" of the WillisCos Corporate Security branch .he didnt mind .Anything obscuring his ghillie suited figure even more he welcomed.He had a full mopp suit on and new maskfilters-and as such not too worried about the rads .Even still...Radstorms were a pain in the ass.The miniscule dust and ash fragments could be inhaled,ingested,lodge in the corner of the eye ..If unlucky you could get dosed pretty good .A buddy had taken cover for 3 days in a collapsed warehouse building when on patrol .He had gotten home , but had severe radiation illness.All the metal that had been stored in there had accumulated far more rads than the surrounding brick and sand and stucco.

Oh well..They were well paid considering .And it was not like the other organizations that were hiring had all dandy jobs on offer either .He adjusted the focus of his rubber padded binoculars and checked the anti glare cover .A little glimpse of a reflection could raise suspicion -even in this bleak sun .The chill was begining to get to him now.he had lain on his rubber mat for over 16 hours without moving more than a few inches.His hydration system was soon drained .The nipple inside tha mask still yielded a few drops of sickly sweet water/salt/sugar solution when he sucked on it . But he was there for teh money .Photographic evidence or no bonus.He sighed and put the glass of his mask to the binos again .He wondered about what his girl had told him before he left on this one .She had something to tell him.They needed to talk .Annoyed he clenched his teeth .Probably another girl with a master plan for him to provide for her growing in her belly already.He shuddered."Come on ..come on.." he whispered impatiently .

Another rad storm was brewing out in the distance ,far south.It would be there in an hour or two .The minutes passed slowly,almost reluctantly .He checked the digital alarm clock he had set up next to his binocular on its little tripod and his camera .He looked at the little red numbers and was puzzled .Before closing the plastic cover he checked again .It seemed so dark to be so early .How could anyone really tell the time anymore he wondered.There were no central agencies to give everybody the right time anymore.The atomic clocks or whatever were long since gone .Who was to say that they were even on the right date ?God knows there had been mistakes made before -one monk guy had miscalculated by 33 years on the calender they used in the western world -and that was in 1200 or whatever .Who had had presence of mind to keep track those fateful months of chaos when it all came tumbling down? He remembered standing in his uncles back yard and seeing an airliner come screeching down from a great altitude and slam into the ground a mile or two away .The shock wave had still been enough to rustle his hair. The burning rows of cars on the blocked highways had blackened the afternoon sky all of that week.And always the gunshots in the distance and the helicopters roaring overhead .For weeks .

No.He hadnt kept track of his calendar.

There was finally movement.
A cloud of dust hugged the ground as it snaked and grew out of the horizon .Inbetween the scorched buildings and littered ruins a convoy was approaching .As it came closer he hit the switch on his camera and adjusted the zoom .He was a bit worried that the fold out LCD screen would give him away -but paranoia is a good quality in a long range recon man .At least it had served him well-seeing as he was still around.The convoy was heavily armed and had a vanguard and a rear guard deployed .Occassionally a gunner would let of a few MG rounds into a suspicious looking brush or ruin .It was always nothing .As the long line of ragged and dusty vehicles drew near ,the ground trembled slightly .Reyes lowered his head and lay utterly still -praying silently as the dustcloud from the passing vehicles engulfed his OP.

5 minutes later ,Lt.Reyes shut down his little OP and started his extraction routine .He went slow and deliberate ,and methodically removed every trace of his being there .Before he got foot mobile ,he exchanged the bottle of piss that he had hooked up to his suit with a new one .Running with a full bottle could be messy -as he knew from experience .

The 45 seconds of video in the pouch in his load carrying gear was everything he needed .He had the money now.He just had to get home to get it first .

He started a crouched run from cover to cover .He had a long way to go to the pick up point .The first howling blasts of wind reached him and his ghillie suit hissed and flapped .Then the millions of little grains of sand and dust hit him with a noticeable nudge against his gear.It made a constant swooshing sound against teh fabric of his kit.He kept his PainTek AK-47 thigthly wrapped in a plastic cover .It would be filled with dust in minutes if not .He flipped open his compass and turned away from the wind to get his bearing. He didnt bother hiding or coveringhis tracks now. Visibility was down to a few dozen feet.

He hummed a Norteño ballad to himself and trudged along .Hopefully he would be miles away by the time this one died down .
everything was going smoothly .But then again -there was that talk with his girl waiting for him back in the safe zone.

Last edited by headquarters; 06-09-2009 at 03:59 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:42 AM

Wink Baadhuset update

Bougfht my train tickets this weekend , arriving Thursday 06.08.09 at 17.15 at the station in good ol`south city.

Hopefully we should get cracking around 1900 or 2000 hrs depending on this and that .

So far I have heard strong definently maybes from FMDeCorba,Willis and Sanchez.
They seem pretty sure that they want to attend the monster fragfest of the sunny season .

Razman as stated earlier on -not able to come due to holidays in Denmark .

Those of youse with characters to generate before the dice start rolling ,Willis and Sanchez , please get in touch for details well in advance .

Those of you who have got one already - get a back up
If your back up aims to be a pretender to the boss job in your faction - remember the blood line rules .( No heir old enough means the end of the line so to say .)Get in touch if you have any questions on this .

Other than that - I did ask for General Pain and Fieldmarshall DeCorba to cook up a unit sheet for this one , if you dont make it before the end of July , I will provide one for you that you can either accept willingly or submit to either way .

(yes it will be case of take what you get and leave it at that )

see you.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:00 AM

Default EUREKA Oct.4th 1800hrs TEMPERATURE: +5 C*

"Garrghgll!!!"

The furious outburst resounded dully from the concrete walls.Willis stood ,red faced and furious over his massive desk and clenched his fists white with frustration.Always problems -never any good news.He felt like ringing the brig and have them shoot a couple of deserters just to let off steam.
He smashed the telephone set into the far wall instead .It didnt help much .

From inside his spartan office,Willis could hear almost none of the commotion in the halls and neighbouring rooms .Outside his specially installed sound and bulletprof doors men were hurridely carrying documents and orders fto their various recipients.Groups of officers were hurrying to and fro with serious looks on their faces.Outside ,and even less audible to Willis , vehicles fired their engines up and exited the heavily guarded gate post.A company of WillisCo Security Detachment Alpha troops were busy positioning themselves on the perimeter and on the various checkpoints aroun the headquarters.

Willis payed no heed to the soundless ruckus outside his office .

On his desk were reports and documentation that showed that his worries had been well founded.The other members of the council had ignored the threath and willed it to go away .Their wishful thinking had led them to shy away from the problem for weeks - and now it was on their doorstep - or close to it anyways .

He peered at the map again mumbling the stats for the various units and posts he had marked with numbered flag pins.Their dispositions were sound -no force in the state had anywhere near the manpower or capacity to take out his positions AND deliver a defeating blow to Eureka.There were some that might force the militia to retreat to a fall back line closer to the town , but certainly the well dug positions available there could not be taken by anything but an army that paid casualties no heed and had the logisticalcapacity of organizations long blown to shards and ashes by the nuclear finale of the second American civil war .

But the reports were irrefutable -videos of large scale formations advancing from their NDP dungeons all over the state and reports from spies and intelligence analysts, stating without doubt that supplies were being massed.

Haussman was making his move.

But still,even the most pessimistic predictions on the offensive capacity of the NDP ruled out an all out assault as pure folly for the attacker.The supply lines would be way over-stretched .The resistance from all sorts of independent communities as well as their own Volunteer Californian Militia would repel the attack long before it even got exiting for the staff in his war room.Haussman just didnt have the manpower,the fuel or the production to maintain a campaign on the scale and of the length it would take to capture Eureka.

"He must know this...He is not a fool -or even mad in THAT way .." Willis mumbled.

No.They were safe here .Any attempt he could think of would we repulsed bar a pure miracle on the side of the NDP.And religion was not those guys strong suite.

A series of urgent raps on the door interupted his thoughts .

"Yes!" he barked annoyed.He had asked not to be disturbed explicitly .

A nervous 2nd Lt. presented himself in the doorway ,holding a yellow manila folder with the red lettering stamp and seal that made it clear that this was for the top brass only.

Willis briskly grabbed the folder and nodded curtly to the 2nd LT who left soundlessly and closed the door behind him .

He sat down in his leather chair and opened the folder .After reading the first few paragraphs on the summary page he let out a slight gasp.His face started to turn white .he felt like he couldnt breathe.

With a trembling hand he reached for the telephone but then he remeberd the throw and the smashing sound it had made on impact .

The furious yell could be heard clearly on the outside of the bulletproof door .

The 2nd Lt. who had waited outside .Scrambled down the hall.He wouldnt want to be the first man Willis saw when he emerged from his office to get on a phone .
Old 07-07-2009, 05:39 AM
Out on bail

Excellent briefing, HQ. I love your writing, man!

I'll finish my new char soon, as I hit vacation mode in T - 3 days.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:23 PM

Default thanks buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Willies
Excellent briefing, HQ. I love your writing, man!

I'll finish my new char soon, as I hit vacation mode in T - 3 days.

glad you like it .

You can download a char sheet from the site under house rules or one of the top folders anyway I think its HQs char sheet v. 2.1 thats better .

Get a pic of some sod of the net and fill in the stats as discussed pr mail and bobs your uncle.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:52 AM

Talking tikk takk

well i start my vacation 1 a little over a day
And I'm really looking forward to the sessions in the Boathouse.

to Willis:
Do you want help with a pix for your character?

well here is some suggestions...

Old 08-03-2009, 01:19 AM

Default baadhuset season 5 ep 3 06-09 this month

Yes ,yes, lady and gentlemen! ( you know who you are !)

its all clapped and ready as they say in our beautiful norse tongue.

maps have been drawn ,ranges calculated and the NPCs have been armed appropriately.

Sanchez has delivered an interesting addition to the character group with his new character, but Willis has yet to email me one..?
The few details on these guys still remaining should be finished asap so I can get printouts ready.

As for the rest of you - ALL of you have confidently elected NOT to make backup characters so I shall have to assume that you are playing the last character that lords it over his own faction you will ever have -OR that you are just assured of success ,survival and victory.(Cowardly plans to always run in the opposite direction of the GMs meticulously drawn maps and thus out of the frontline will of course lead to a brief and brutal playthrough of the minefield rules).

DeCorba,Gen.Pain :The "unit sheet " as requested earlier has been nicely done up by your obliging gm - so no need to get into that anymore .

If anyone has any miniatures of tanks etc that they would care to bring I would be greatly pleased and will probably fudge a kill shot on that PC out of gratitude.

Well ,I guess there is not much more to say .I have been looking forward to this for 107 days or whatever and I just need to get by for 3 more days in the office before its on.

see you guys thursday afternoon.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:45 AM

Default its over..

sadly ,its over .

Only 362 days until next time.

Once again it was a brilliant time .

This i s a nice little tradition of ours - and I sure hope we can get together the same place at the same time next year .
Old 08-10-2009, 06:04 AM
Out on bail

I haven't been laughing so hard for a very long time. Sanchez new char was a total blast! I just had to sit back and let him shine!! Looking forward to next time.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:38 AM

Default hear hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Willies View Post
I haven't been laughing so hard for a very long time. Sanchez new char was a total blast! I just had to sit back and let him shine!! Looking forward to next time.
very good show indeed.

( I liked how he called the various missions on the operation for "shows")

when that is said I feel there was good playing around the table from all - we even got a summary court martial going in the field ,so that has got to be proof that people were enjoying themselves.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:53 AM

Default Feedback

open feedback on what was good and was was lacking at our last round in our T2K campaign .

Anything on the game technical aspects is greatly appreciated and also story and direction of the thing

example can be :

" I feel the GM needs to structure the rounds a little bit more so that not any one player gets to hog the time " etc

"I liked the bleak dystopia and the unbeatable odds "

or whatever

come on people

the other way around I have given most of you a little feedback on mails or on PMs to give my side .As usual I have to emphasize that good ROLE playing gives several times more XP than good roll playing .Those of you who act your role more enthusiastically will reap the rewards in a bigger way if your PC survives until payday .

later !

Last edited by headquarters; 08-12-2009 at 04:05 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:27 AM

Default Darker please

I like
- Corrupted warlords taking advantage of the absence of law and order to supress their fellow americans
- The monstrous results of man's darker sides combined with modern warfare
- Self presevation at all cost
- Despearate battles with no hope of victory

In other words I liked the session, but I would prefer it to be more evil, cynical and treacherous.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:16 AM
Out on bail

I concur. I still sense that there is a "happy-go-lucky" feeling in the campaign. Maybe we still have not fully taken in our mortality?

I agree we can benefit from a still harsher environment; Not quite Cthuhlu-harsh, but grimmer than now.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:16 AM

Default got it

good feedback guys- I understand .I had already planned and made several scenarios that should fullfill your request but didnt manage to get there in the time available.

I feel the same way ,I guarantee that there will be more of the horrors of modern warfare and mans darker nature in combination with the hostile enviroment of a post apocalyptic nature .Also desperate battles with little hope of victory will occur. ( yeay...)

Also more death . ( This one was from deCorba ,and apply mainly to the party rather than the NPCs I guess- but NPCs will die in droves as always .)

Next time around your campaign into the devestated central valley will take a turn for the worse - I had already planned to go the way you ask for ,but time did not permit that we got to the darkest hours of your PCs careers.I think we can get there next time .

The first battlmap you guys playe dwas sort of a warm up I guess,the second fight with the big 3x A3 map was more serious ,and the next one -if you get there will be very serious .
If you get to the last one I think it is safe to say that it is deadly .

So I guess we all have something to look forward to .

get on the forum and post preferred dates under the Season 5 episode 4 thread -sometime in November would be great .
Old 08-18-2009, 01:56 AM

Default Non-military solutions / assymetrical warfare / common sense

One more thing reagrding last session:
I personally like when charachters apply non-military solutions to (military) problems, and I believe that HQ should encourage such play-styles. Not only is this a way of utilize skills like disguise, forgery, interrogation, stealth etc. It is also the difference between a pure tactical game such as Advanced Squad Leader and TW200 which is both a tactical game and a interpersonal one with far more options for the individual player than just to chose weapon, aim and roll dice. I do suspect that HQ already have a plan to force players in this direction by introducing "battles that can not be won" and though the players should have exploited such options before, I do see the need for HQ to "kick" the players a little bit in this direction (until they stop kicking back).

To those of you that label now me a peacemonger and pacifist I would like to defend myself by saying that even though the ultimate solution to a problem not neccesaryly is a 155mm shell, it could still be scheming, evil, violent and even suprisingly brutal. Extortion, kidnappings, Agatha Cristie-style cold blooded murders and subtle war crimes could be a part of strategy to fight a superior enemy without the best guns on the market.
I believe the correct terms for it these days is assymetrical warfare. "Common sense" would be a more appropriate expression.