RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 11-05-2008, 03:13 AM
copeab's Avatar
copeab copeab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spielmeister
This is online?
Yup. Been running the weird WWII campaign since spring 2005 in the Pyramid Online chatroom.
__________________
A generous and sadistic GM,
Brandon Cope

http://copeab.tripod.com
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-05-2008, 06:41 PM
spielmeister spielmeister is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: makati, philippines
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeab
Yup. Been running the weird WWII campaign since spring 2005 in the Pyramid Online chatroom.
Hey alright! I'll check this out. Been a long running game as I can see- since spring 2005. Great.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-05-2008, 07:30 PM
copeab's Avatar
copeab copeab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spielmeister
Hey alright! I'll check this out. Been a long running game as I can see- since spring 2005. Great.
In the current adventure, it's December 2, 1941 and the PCs are in Honolulu ...

The PCs are:
Shinichi Kuroda: Shinto priest with very good ritual magic skills, born in the US.
Professor George Hamilton: archeologist and linguist with average ritual magic and alchemy skills, University of Chicago
Micky O'Malley: Irish spelunker and construction worker, werecentipede. Almost strong enough to shoulder-fire the Boys.

Games are on alternating Saturdays from 7-11pm central time.
__________________
A generous and sadistic GM,
Brandon Cope

http://copeab.tripod.com
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-05-2008, 08:00 PM
weswood weswood is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baytown Tx
Posts: 550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeab
Micky O'Malley: Irish spelunker and construction worker, werecentipede. Almost strong enough to shoulder-fire the Boys.

.

A werecentipede There's one you don't hear every day. Or even once a week....or month.....matter of fact this is my first time I've heard that one!
__________________
Just because I'm on the side of angels doesn't mean I am one.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-06-2008, 12:31 AM
headquarters's Avatar
headquarters headquarters is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Norways weather beaten coasts
Posts: 1,825
Default nice

nice set up -I like the mix .
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-06-2008, 07:07 PM
spielmeister spielmeister is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: makati, philippines
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeab
In the current adventure, it's December 2, 1941 and the PCs are in Honolulu ...

The PCs are:
Shinichi Kuroda: Shinto priest with very good ritual magic skills, born in the US.
Professor George Hamilton: archeologist and linguist with average ritual magic and alchemy skills, University of Chicago
Micky O'Malley: Irish spelunker and construction worker, werecentipede. Almost strong enough to shoulder-fire the Boys.

Games are on alternating Saturdays from 7-11pm central time.
Nice... from the date in-game I see that they are on the 'eve of destruction' so to speak. A werecentipede almost strong enough to fire a boys rifle nice.... this is where gurps really shines. you can put in a lot of weird stuff and run with it.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-06-2008, 09:40 PM
copeab's Avatar
copeab copeab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spielmeister
Nice... from the date in-game I see that they are on the 'eve of destruction' so to speak.
Before I started the adventure, I read _At Dawn We Slept_. I think I made the players sufficiently paranoid telling them about how much worse the attack could have been for the US, so they started worrying about changing things the wrong way.

So far, the PCs have been warned to back off by the FBI and are being encouraged by Naval Intelligence (the PCs have worked for the US and British governments previously).

Quote:
A werecentipede almost strong enough to fire a boys rifle nice.... this is where gurps really shines. you can put in a lot of weird stuff and run with it.
Yup. Strange PCs are always nice.
__________________
A generous and sadistic GM,
Brandon Cope

http://copeab.tripod.com
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-07-2008, 11:20 AM
pmulcahy11b's Avatar
pmulcahy11b pmulcahy11b is offline
The Stat Guy
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 4,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spielmeister
Nice... from the date in-game I see that they are on the 'eve of destruction' so to speak. A werecentipede almost strong enough to fire a boys rifle nice.... this is where gurps really shines. you can put in a lot of weird stuff and run with it.
You can also do that by throwing a lot of Dark Conspiracy, 2300AD, and Cadillacs and Dinosaurs into your games...and a healthy helping of imagination doesn't hurt. (That's on this board in great abundance!)
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-07-2008, 11:22 AM
pmulcahy11b's Avatar
pmulcahy11b pmulcahy11b is offline
The Stat Guy
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 4,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spielmeister
A werecentipede almost strong enough to fire a boys rifle
Just don't turn one of the players into a weresloth...I did that in a D&D game as a joke.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-11-2008, 01:42 AM
MW Turnage MW Turnage is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Memphis
Posts: 5
Default

I'm an old GURPS fan, and also one of copeab players (though in another online campaign). I'll chime in in favor of GURPS 4e, though. I think it's a better choice for someone new to the system, and there's been a lot of stuff that's come out recently (and in the pipeline) that's nice. If you want to go that route, the core rules and High-Tech 4e are the only must-haves; Martial Arts and the SEALS in Vietnam PDF would be handy, but not essential. Also, if you're worried about lethality, the new Action! series of PDFs look like they'd be nice for dialing that down and making it a bit more cinematic.

On the other hand, 3E does have more material on modern weaponry and armor available. On the downside, some of this has the problems that built up over time with 3E (particularly vehicle stats), plus it's all out-of-print, though a lot can still be had cheap from SJGames. Either way they're tailor-made for a T2K-style game.

One suggestion, though: you can go far sticking to the Lite version of either edition. There's a tremendous amount of addition material and rules that can be added, but just because it can doesn't mean it should. There's a lot of options, and it's easy to bog a game down at the expense of fun and playability if you're not careful.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-11-2008, 01:48 AM
spielmeister spielmeister is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: makati, philippines
Posts: 53
Default

yes, using Lite and exercising your option to adopt (or reject) whetever rules you like or dislike is a good way to go. Some of my players now are advocating this approach. It seems we kinda burned out last game since we got deluged with sourcebooks and rules in the 4e.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-11-2008, 01:50 AM
spielmeister spielmeister is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: makati, philippines
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b
Just don't turn one of the players into a weresloth...I did that in a D&D game as a joke.
Paul, I'm trying to imagine what he looks like. But yes, it keeps coming back to me as a joke. neat one though....
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-11-2008, 05:26 AM
Targan's Avatar
Targan Targan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 3,737
Default

I shy away from even the concept of "Roolz Lite" like a vampire avoids garlic. Pile on the crunch I say.
__________________
"It is better to be feared than loved" - Nicolo Machiavelli
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-11-2008, 10:59 AM
copeab's Avatar
copeab copeab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan
I shy away from even the concept of "Roolz Lite" like a vampire avoids garlic. Pile on the crunch I say.
As the years go by, I prefer to simplify the systems I use. I've even considered moving everything to Fudge.
__________________
A generous and sadistic GM,
Brandon Cope

http://copeab.tripod.com
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-11-2008, 11:01 AM
copeab's Avatar
copeab copeab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW Turnage
One suggestion, though: you can go far sticking to the Lite version of either edition. There's a tremendous amount of addition material and rules that can be added, but just because it can doesn't mean it should. There's a lot of options, and it's easy to bog a game down at the expense of fun and playability if you're not careful.
My suggestion is to use the Lite rules for melee combat and only use more advanced rules for missile fire (I think 4e Lite includes rules for target range/speed/size, whereas 3e Lite doesn't (this is why I like the Lite rules from WWII)
__________________
A generous and sadistic GM,
Brandon Cope

http://copeab.tripod.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rifle Questions General Pain Twilight 2000 Forum 15 01-09-2012 04:38 PM
Some Questions Benjamin Twilight 2000 Forum 4 05-30-2009 05:13 AM
Technical Questions headquarters Twilight 2000 Forum 8 03-23-2009 09:25 PM
Explosive questions weswood Twilight 2000 Forum 12 03-12-2009 07:24 AM
Gun questions kcdusk Twilight 2000 Forum 20 10-07-2008 02:41 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.