RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 04-07-2019, 10:57 PM

Default Answers to 20 Quick Questions about a T2k Poland Campaign

As part of a "starter kit" resource, I've developed the following: Answers to 20 Quick Questions about a T2k Poland Campaign. I'll post the collated questions at the end as a separate list for use in other's home campaigns eg a US-based campaign, other Twilight World setting (Middle East, Korea, Kenya etc) or a Merc: 2000 campaign.

The intent is to give new players, particularly players unfamiliar with the Twilight World setting / rules and younger players with less familiarity with the Cold War era, a headstart for the "feel" of a default Polish campaign.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Nice work, Ranting Savant. Very clever way to introduce fantasy RPG'ers to T2K.
Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, and co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048
Old 04-08-2019, 08:45 PM
Banned

"France, untouched in the Twilight war due to its declared neutrality, remains civilised and protected by its regular army. Many of its educational institutions would remain open, including the various Parisian faculties and so becomes the ultimate location for higher scholars. Of relevance to US characters, this set includes the English speaking American University of Paris founded in the 1960s, which is likely to have aligned itself with CivGov and can provide accessible EDU Skill instruction."

Not sure if untouched is the best description for France. V1 is not the clearest on if they get nuked or not but in V2.2 they definitely have taken a few nukes for sure - from the V2.2 rulebook

"Although ostensibly neutral in the war, France was still subjected to nuclear attacks to deny its port and oil refining facilities to NATO. Damage was largely confined to the coasts, but the resulting casualties were severe.
The riots and civil confusion caused by the war and by the hordes of refugees pouring across the borders forced the central government to close the borders, then occupy all territories west of the Rhine in order to prevent
the country from being overwhelmed. The military, to enforce the restrictions, has established a free-fire zone within 50 kilometers east
of the Rhine, commonly called LaZoneMorte (the Dead Zone). The border is officially closed to non-French citizens (informally, bribes will get you in no matter what your origin if you have visible means of support)

The border with Spain is also closed, but is permeable to smugglers. Part of a thriving black market is dominated by the Union Corse (the Corsican criminal underworld). The central government has been forced to become increasingly repressive as conditions worsen, but life in most areas is onerous but tolerable.

Some areas (the mountains, especially) are in open rebellion against the central government, and martial law is in effect almost everywhere. The government of the southern departments is incredibly corrupt, largely because it is totally dominated by the Union Corse. Marseilles is the largest undamaged city, although it is in bad shape compared to its prewar condition. It represents the link between what remains of trade in Europe and the seaborne merchants of the eastern Mediterranean, and is totally under the control of the Corsicans. Most of France is classified as organized
(mostly by the French government/military, in some areas in the south by the Union Corse), with a few areas in the mountains disputed or independent. The area west of the Rhine River and east of the old border is a combination of terrorized, insular and cantonments. LaZone Morte is devastated."
Old 04-09-2019, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
Nice work, Ranting Savant. Very clever way to introduce fantasy RPG'ers to T2K.
Thanks, I'll follow up with a T2k version of "20 Quick Questions: Rules" in time...
Old 04-09-2019, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
Not sure if untouched is the best description for France. V1 is not the clearest on if they get nuked or not but in V2.2 they definitely have taken a few nukes for sure - from the V2.2 rulebook
Ah yes, I missed that and was writing from memory and in reference mainly from the higher education aspect (which seems valid enough) - I'll incorporate your comments, reference the corebook and credit you when I update the page. It's this sort of feedback that helps refine the post, cheers.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:47 AM
Banned

Do you mind if Raellus does a Korea version of that or I do a Kenya one? Its your idea and want to make sure its ok with you first
Old 04-09-2019, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
Do you mind if Raellus does a Korea version of that or I do a Kenya one? Its your idea and want to make sure its ok with you first
I don't mind at all - in fact, it would be great to see the different alternate campaign areas given the treatment. The point of the post is to act as a "starter kit" so the more the merrier!

I can link to them from the original post or when I post the base list of questions will add them as examples so that they're readily accessible.

(Edit) See this thread with the summary questions or my blog post for the questions.

I suggest you reply or link to the new thread and leave this one for discussion about the questions themselves.

Thanks for asking, looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Last edited by therantingsavant; 04-11-2019 at 05:33 PM.