RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2009, 04:07 AM

Default SAR & Medical Corps

I was watching something on the German SAR today. Therefore, what about these people in T2K?

I have no doubt that they will be facing terrible difficulties but I have the feeling that they would continue to be around, at least at the local level.

SAR services will hardly have access to helicopters but i wouldn't be surprised to see some ships still on patrol (even sailing ship).

Medical services (the ones out of the military) could still be around also. They have some training with light weapons, they might even have their own weapons, they are dedicated to saving people. Therefore, even when isolated, I hardly imagine them fleeing the scene. Instead, I could imagine them setting up some kind of medical post, organizing its defense and helping people in needs as much as they can (even if the only medical material they have is needles and knives).

I found such an exemple in one of the book of Dark Conspiracy. The action takes place in a fairly chaotic Moscow and one of the few military unit is built around a field hospital. The comanding officer organized a mechanized infantry unit and remain the only hospital in town.

In France, the SAR, the firebrigades of Paris and Marseille as well as the Mountain Gendarmerie could well be around in the mist of total chaos. I would expect the same from US coast guards, German SAR...