RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Campaign Forums > HQ's T2k Campaign > HQ - General Discussion

Old 11-19-2010, 07:34 AM
Out on bail

Just to let you know that

3. - 5. of December is barely doable for me -> Birthday party on the 5th
10 - 12 of December is no go, due to RL obligations of wife, leaving me in charge of kids

Other weekends should be ok.

Sorry for dropping off the map..
Old 11-19-2010, 08:06 AM

Default right

Good to hear from you Willis.

I see that there is a lot of difficulties in getting this on to fly. People have commitments in December both 03.05 and 10-12. 17-19 is just to close to the holidays I guess. If all of you guys magically can swung that weekend I will probably get it too.

But realistically :

I am suggesting that we get a date for January instead. With my work and family obligations I am not going to get many weekends off- so I want most if not all players to be there if we are to play in my campaign. (/ Sanchez is of course granted leave of absence until further notice).

So lets hear about January. I need three players to confirm attendance and a 8 digit grid on the PZ*

( Playing Zone )

If anyone sees Devil , please inform him that my telepathic sensor array is undergoing repairs and I need him to use the internet or the POT ( palin old telephone) to communicate instead.

I suggest that we should be able to settle on a date in January before December is here.

HQ out
Old 11-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Field marshal with an itch

Aknowledged.

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stegger/sets
Old 11-22-2010, 08:37 AM
Out on bail

I totally agree. December will be over soon enough that January should make a great Plan A.

I'll talk to the Devil.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:10 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Exclamation Gametime january

As pr this date,

Friday 7th to 9th - Definantly a possibility.
Friday 14th to 16th - NOT Possible at all.
Friday 21th to 23rd - Definantly a possibility.
Friday 28th to 30th - Definantly a possibility.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:49 PM

Default set a date

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Pain View Post
As pr this date,

Friday 7th to 9th - Definantly a possibility.
Friday 14th to 16th - NOT Possible at all.
Friday 21th to 23rd - Definantly a possibility.
Friday 28th to 30th - Definantly a possibility.

got to get a date.

So far I am open all the dates.
how about 7th to 9th ?
Old 11-28-2010, 09:29 AM

7-9 Sounds good to me, I´ll be fresh home from Denmark, perhaps even with some fine whisky and sausage in my pack - dare I suggest a rustic expedition this time? The Devil has not seen my (very humble) abode, and I enjoy having visitors in the dark season.

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

Old 11-28-2010, 12:03 PM

Default Sessions in January

I just spoke to FM.
Of course, if possible, I'll like to join you in January.
However, my decision to join or not join will most probably be taken a few days before the session - and most likely my contibution will be one day only.
Which day I'll join, if I do join, will be determined by the dinner menu.

I therefore advice you to decide a place and time for the sessions now. It'll make it easier for me to plan against.

Hope to see you all in January.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:08 PM

Default very well

Honest - I like it.
Whereever we can play is fine by me. Might be the easiest in the city though. Sanchez needs to be home for the morning after.

As for the dinner menu.Anyone got something good i n their icebox ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez View Post
I just spoke to FM.
Of course, if possible, I'll like to join you in January.
However, my decision to join or not join will most probably be taken a few days before the session - and most likely my contibution will be one day only.
Which day I'll join, if I do join, will be determined by the dinner menu.

I therefore advice you to decide a place and time for the sessions now. It'll make it easier for me to plan against.

Hope to see you all in January.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:44 AM
no! Cut the blue wir.. BOOM!!

Default okay so i "rented" a computer and im back...

good damn this economy (and all those credit card that made it so(yes, im talking about my old ones...)), but anyhooo is there a set date now or something like that???

because as a non working man, it is winter and no one orders new floors this time of year, i am ready whenever...

just put it into stone and i will be there, with bells on (if that is a perticulary wish from anyone)...

yeah i been underground for quite sometime, working, playing MAG and paying of my debt (10 more months and i will be 1 loan away from total freedom, and my dream of seeing Russia on 2 wheels... ...truely something to look forward to.

but before this happens i will join our killing spree session and our doom and gloomed tommorow never know sessions, ofcourse.

one more thing, i promised to bring my .45 with... ...that is a no go, u see my car suddenly felt the "urge" to bring me down, so he brought me $1k down in repairs, @1k of my gunmoney... ...as cartman would put it GOD DAMNIT!!!

im bringing a 12year old Bowmoore whiskey...

Last edited by theDevil; 11-29-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:34 AM

Default good to hear from ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDevil View Post
good damn this economy (and all those credit card that made it so(yes, im talking about my old ones...)), but anyhooo is there a set date now or something like that???

because as a non working man, it is winter and no one orders new floors this time of year, i am ready whenever...

just put it into stone and i will be there, with bells on (if that is a perticulary wish from anyone)...

yeah i been underground for quite sometime, working, playing MAG and paying of my debt (10 more months and i will be 1 loan away from total freedom, and my dream of seeing Russia on 2 wheels... ...truely something to look forward to.

but before this happens i will join our killing spree session and our doom and gloomed tommorow never know sessions, ofcourse.

one more thing, i promised to bring my .45 with... ...that is a no go, u see my car suddenly felt the "urge" to bring me down, so he brought me $1k down in repairs, @1k of my gunmoney... ...as cartman would put it GOD DAMNIT!!!

im bringing a 12year old Bowmoore whiskey...
screw the car ,get the gun and hijack another one..

working on 7-9 of jan.

must get everyone onboard
Old 11-30-2010, 03:56 AM

So 7-9 is a no go because of work? Please clarify. I have "studiesamling" the 3rd week of January - so I´d vastly prefer to be rested for that, i.e. not having a weekend of too many cigarettes and grease overload just before.

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

Old 11-30-2010, 02:01 PM

Default sounds like you need a rest alright

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMDeCorba View Post
So 7-9 is a no go because of work? Please clarify. I have "studiesamling" the 3rd week of January - so I´d vastly prefer to be rested for that, i.e. not having a weekend of too many cigarettes and grease overload just before.
working on 7 - 9 = arbeider med å...

working the 7-9 means -I am working that date

I hope your studiesamling isnt English.

Lets try for 7-9th of Jan at GPs place in the ugly city!!

Who is with me !YARRRRR!!
Old 12-01-2010, 06:56 AM
Out on bail

Yarr, Scallywags and landlubbers!

Time:
I have no plans for January, and will most likely be able to play whenever.

Place:
I would love to play at Chateau d'DeCorba, but any ample lodging will do. The Generals once-again-batchelor pad is a winner, if winning is stepping in dog shit to prevent frostbite.. just kidding. I sleep like a newborn babe on your sofa, Gen. Pain!

Batchelor chow:
I can certainly whip up something, if a minimum of kitchen utensils can be made available. General Pains kitchen is surprisingly well equipped for a man that cooks so little.

I suggest the following menu:
Tomato salade bruscetta or a rerun of this summer's sashimi for hors d'œuvres
Salt baked chicken with mushrooms, asparagus and mashed potatoes (rotstappe)
For dessert Cloudberry cream
Old 12-01-2010, 12:02 PM

Default I concur

menu for saturday acknowledged.Always wanted to do one of those saltbaked poultry things.

GPs place is preferred due to various travel arrangements.

Waddayamean bachelor ?

Old lady split?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Willies View Post
Yarr, Scallywags and landlubbers!

Time:
I have no plans for January, and will most likely be able to play whenever.

Place:
I would love to play at Chateau d'DeCorba, but any ample lodging will do. The Generals once-again-batchelor pad is a winner, if winning is stepping in dog shit to prevent frostbite.. just kidding. I sleep like a newborn babe on your sofa, Gen. Pain!

Batchelor chow:
I can certainly whip up something, if a minimum of kitchen utensils can be made available. General Pains kitchen is surprisingly well equipped for a man that cooks so little.

I suggest the following menu:
Tomato salade bruscetta or a rerun of this summer's sashimi for hors d'œuvres
Salt baked chicken with mushrooms, asparagus and mashed potatoes (rotstappe)
For dessert Cloudberry cream
Old 12-02-2010, 03:38 AM
Out on bail

Ah... noes, sorry for that misunderstanding. I was merely referring to his x-married status. Of course, he's not a proper bachelor, all the while he's still going steady with GF 2.0.

I just find it cooler to be a bachelor-chow eating bachelor.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:41 AM
Out on bail

By the way HQ; I met a man called Alexander yesterday, and he was your spitting image. Some years older, and he sort of looked more like RichARRRd. He's tall like you, has the same gun fetish you do, and even has the same laugh as you, Could he be your un-identical, time warped twin?
Old 12-02-2010, 09:00 AM

Default hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Willies View Post
By the way HQ; I met a man called Alexander yesterday, and he was your spitting image. Some years older, and he sort of looked more like RichARRRd. He's tall like you, has the same gun fetish you do, and even has the same laugh as you, Could he be your un-identical, time warped twin?
The Galaxy patrols time/space continium dept. has finally caught up with my interdimensional super villain plot to simultaneously lead two suburban- mundane-chained- to- the- computer- desk -in- the- office- by- the- payslip-everyday-average-guy- lives

For the record- Alexanders gun nut module doesnt have the useless but cool looking fetish.

Since we have a rift in the time/space continium anyways, would you mind asking Alex to hand in the Blockbuster movies I rented when living in our parallell dimension? I am sure he will be teleported back shortly. The late fines are mounting up and fed ex dont do interdimensional delivery.

he.

If he played RPGs -now that would be quite uncanny.. that would make us individual the same way Zebras in a herd are .
Old 12-04-2010, 03:12 PM

Default Starter

I killed a conger during my summer holiday.
Most of it have already been eaten, but I have something left in my freezer. Probably enough for a dinner for 3 guys.

Conger is very nice fat white flesh similar to monkfish, but a little bit different.

I have never tried it as sashimi, only fried in butter and oven baked (both dished were highly succesful). It could perhaps be an alternative to salmon in the above proposed menu. The filets are unfortunately not cut by a shushi chef, but by me and are rather crude. However they are quite thick and can be used for a variety of dishes.

It would be a good opportunity for you guys to eat a somewhat unaccesible animal.

Does this seem interesting?
Old 12-05-2010, 06:18 AM

Default hell yes

fry it up buddy!

Quote:
Most of it have already been eaten, but I have something left in my freezer. Probably enough for a dinner for 3 guys.

Conger is very nice fat white flesh similar to monkfish, but a little bit different.

I have never tried it as sashimi, only fried in butter and oven baked (both dished were highly succesful). It could perhaps be an alternative to salmon in the above proposed menu. The filets are unfortunately not cut by a shushi chef, but by me and are rather crude. However they are quite thick and can be used for a variety of dishes.

It would be a good opportunity for you guys to eat a somewhat unaccesible animal.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:05 AM
Out on bail

Now there is something. Maybe we could poach it in some fine olive oil?

Quote:

Old 12-06-2010, 01:25 PM

Default Fish

I'm open for any suggestions. But I've a feeling it'll be long time before I catch something like this again, so I'd like it to be successful.
Pan fried or deep fried (tempura?) with a simple salad might work as a starter.
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2010, 12:12 PM

Default what a beast !!

holy shit.

the fish looks like a beast too.

Nothing too fancy ? I would like to taste the meat - never tried conger before.

Looking forward to it !
Old 12-09-2010, 12:40 PM

Alrighty! Never-before-seen-fish and hardcore nerdtime in January!

I restate my standing invitation to the cabin, but I will of course go to town if this is in any way inconvenient for Sanchez. (Everything but staying at home is inconvenient for Mr. P., so that doesn´t count).

Cheers,

FMDc

Fieldmarshal DeCorba

Old 12-10-2010, 01:59 AM

Default The city

I would love to return to the cabin in the woods and sleep in my tent in minus 20 degrees once again. Unfortunately, the situation has forced me to put convenience above closeness to nature this time. Drunken driving is not highly appriciated in my country and the location of the FM cabin unfortunatly give me the choice of either:

1) Non-alcoholic dinner
2) Drunken driving
3) Spending the night in the woods, and suffering the consequences later

Since neither of these alternatives are particulary promising, I belive it's most convenient for me to join you on Saturday 8th of January in the city at GPs humble home with his well equiped kitchen.
This day is by the way the day before my birthday. For those of you determined to buy me expensive birthday gifts - I belive fine wines for that evening dinner are highest up on my list.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:03 PM

Default 7th Jan - 9th Jan

GPs pad

be there or weep.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:59 AM
Out on bail

Acknowledged
Old 12-28-2010, 09:43 AM

Default More food

As far as I see Saturdays menu will consist of
1. Pan fried conger with ruccola and tomato salad (Sanchez)
2. Salt baked chicken with various accessories (Willies)
3. Cloudberry cream? or veiled farmergirls with cloadberries (No:"tilslørte bondepiker")

Now for the wines;
I am in favour of a white wine for the fish as we would surely have a light red one for the chicken anyway.
This needs to be discussed in detail.

Hope to see many of you on the 8th. I will be there.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:59 AM

Default wines

have you considered the posssibilty of bubbly?

sparkling wines are nice compliments to both poultry and fish.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:12 AM
Out on bail

One must ALWAYS consider bubbly! Not to do so would be a grave oversight in nearly all situations.

However, I do believe that a nice red or maybe even rosé would compliment the saltbaked chicken nicely.

As for the conger, I firmly stand by the bubblicious alternatives.