RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2010, 08:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971
Default The MP 4 edition..

Hi everyone,

I receieved a call today from the owner of Timeline, and we are talking about the new 4th Edition of TMP RPG. and it's going to be coming out soon. And they want me to do artwork for it.

Richard
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971 View Post
Hi everyone,

I receieved a call today from the owner of Timeline, and we are talking about the new 4th Edition of TMP RPG. and it's going to be coming out soon. And they want me to do artwork for it.

Richard
FANTASTIC!!!

Please keep us posted as you can.

Mike
Old 01-26-2010, 09:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo80 View Post
FANTASTIC!!!

Please keep us posted as you can.

Mike
will do.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:00 PM

Wow. That's pretty cool. Congrats.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

That is great. If there is anything I or this board can do to help you out don't hesitate to ask my friend.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:33 PM

thank you i'll keep that in mind. i might have to ask for advice on some MP based artwork.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
thank you i'll keep that in mind. i might have to ask for advice on some MP based artwork.
Ask away! Glad to help!

Mike
Old 01-27-2010, 07:56 PM

what kind of character artwork would look good for the game book then?
Old 01-27-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
what kind of character artwork would look good for the game book then?
IMHO I would like to see artwork relating to the MP vehicles. I have researched the Ranger, V-150, and others. The line drawings were good, but in the games we have played, having some more visuals helped us all visualize what was happening during the scenario.

So many of the scenarios I have participated in, the team spent much time in and arround the vehicle. It helped us in our enjoyment of the MP system to know what we were living in and using as our primary tool.

Mike
Old 01-28-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
IMHO I would like to see artwork relating to the MP vehicles. I have researched the Ranger, V-150, and others. The line drawings were good, but in the games we have played, having some more visuals helped us all visualize what was happening during the scenario.

So many of the scenarios I have participated in, the team spent much time in and arround the vehicle. It helped us in our enjoyment of the MP system to know what we were living in and using as our primary tool.

Mike
Ture... But I'm not that good at drawing vehicles and equipment. I can try it. but i don't like how it looks (though others like them). I'm currently hunting for reference pictures of everything actually. Does anyone have good photos of the varoius vehicles?
Old 01-28-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Ture... But I'm not that good at drawing vehicles and equipment. I can try it. but i don't like how it looks (though others like them). I'm currently hunting for reference pictures of everything actually. Does anyone have good photos of the varoius vehicles?
For the V-150

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/lav-150.htm

For the xr311

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FMC_XR311

For the sk-5

http://www.hovergame.com/sk5.html

For the Commando Scout

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...Commando-Scout

For the Ranger: Not really good pictures

http://www.warwheels.net/CommandoScoutINDEX.html

Hope this helps in your efforts.

Mike
Old 01-28-2010, 06:59 PM

XR 311 pictures here
http://slovari.yandex.ru/dict/milauto/article/654.htm

or here
http://www.angelfire.com/nb2/jeeppickups/humvee.html
(includes the XR-311 armour kit)
Old 03-09-2010, 08:00 PM
sic1701

Quote:
Hi everyone,

...the new 4th Edition of TMP RPG. and it's going to be coming out soon...

Richard
Can you define "soon" for us?

Also, will they be sticking with the November 18, 1989 wardate from all previous editions, or will they update the wardate a la Twilight:2013?
Old 03-12-2010, 11:10 AM

From what Chris has said... the timeline can be set by the GM. the supplies and equipment lists are going to have dates so the GM will know what gear is availble for when they set the 'event' that caused everything to happen.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:53 PM
sic1701

That's a good thing to do; then you can optimize your own campaign based upon when the war occurs. Are they going to have multiple "wardates"?

And I hate to beat a dead horse, but how soon is "soon"?
Old 12-06-2010, 04:07 PM

Okay.... while there is not a definate DATE for the release of 4th Edition... I can tell you it will be within the next year... mainly because what's been keeping 4th Edition from coming out has been having someone to do the layout for the book....

I can happily tell you that they now have someone to do the layouts, and once I've finished laying out the book... within a month pre-production releases will be made available on the website. three to six months after i'm finished the standard release will be done... But the pre-release will be done in a very special way, and only offered on the website.

Once layouts are done, several new modules are also being prepared for release as well.

So take heart, the light at the end of the tunnel is daylight... and not a train.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:38 PM

Thanks for the info i have been using both the 3rd edition and twilght 2013 rules for my campaign
Old 12-06-2010, 07:21 PM

Question

So your saying that by the end of Jan 2011 pre-press editions will be avaialble for purchase? Just like back in 1980? More than 100 would be nice.

Then Aug - Sep 2011 the finished book will be possibly available?

Quote:
Okay.... while there is not a definate DATE for the release of 4th Edition... I can tell you it will be within the next year... mainly because what's been keeping 4th Edition from coming out has been having someone to do the layout for the book....

I can happily tell you that they now have someone to do the layouts, and once I've finished laying out the book... within a month pre-production releases will be made available on the website. three to six months after i'm finished the standard release will be done... But the pre-release will be done in a very special way, and only offered on the website.

Once layouts are done, several new modules are also being prepared for release as well.

So take heart, the light at the end of the tunnel is daylight... and not a train.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke11 View Post
So your saying that by the end of Jan 2011 pre-press editions will be avaialble for purchase? Just like back in 1980? More than 100 would be nice.

Then Aug - Sep 2011 the finished book will be possibly available?
No... i'm saying that once I get the layout work FINISHED things will get their start. Thus during the year 2011 4th Edition will be coming out. I don't know how long it will take me to do the layouts, it can take me a month or two months. I don't know yet. I haven't received the package with all of the materials for doing the layout work yet. The contracts were signed just Friday. I should have the package with everything in it this weekend.

I won't be able to start it until monday, since i have a funeral this week to attend (my aunt lost her battle with cancer yesterday morning at 0545), they are asking if i want to serve as a pallbearer... and if i'm not able to lift the casket they are wanting me to walk beside her as she is taken from the church with the pallbearers.

Anyway... things are drawing to the homestretch, so please have a little more patience. Because I (and those at Timeline) really want this to get out just as much as you do. And i'm not going to be the official voice for the company here... i'm just a fan who's been asked to work on one of the RPGs that i've played longer than any other.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Volunteer Timeline Errata Coord.

Nate,

That's awesome to hear. Glad that after all this time, someone finally stepped up to the plate! Even better it was you, and you have the eternal thanks of us TMP players and PDs.

Looking forward to finally seeing 4th edition.

Tony
Old 12-07-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helbent4 View Post
Nate,

That's awesome to hear. Glad that after all this time, someone finally stepped up to the plate! Even better it was you, and you have the eternal thanks of us TMP players and PDs.

Looking forward to finally seeing 4th edition.

Tony
What he said.

Condolances on the loss of your Aunt.

Mike
Old 12-07-2010, 06:55 PM

Thank you Tony & Mike,

When Chris told me that it was the layout work was what was keeping the game form coming out I volunteered for it right away. I talked with both Chris and the Writer of the game (a nice guy named Chris from Scotland actually) about the work during our weekly Skype discussion on Friday evenings (so if anyone has suggestions or questions they REALLY want asked... you can put them to me and I'll promise to bring them up) and they said that the past five years of extensive playtesting has allowed them to work the kinks out and get a really good system and background written (the book is over 300 pages after all).

And thanks again Mike... loosing Aunt Carol so soon after loosing my father has been a real... well, it's not been easy for my mom. She lost dad and her closest living sibling in just over a month between the two. And she's taking it pretty hard. So if you can keep her in your prayers, i'd really appreciate it.

I leave for the funeral in the morning and won't be back until Thursday evening. I'm hoping that when i get back that the package with all the things i need to get started will be be here waiting for me.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:21 AM

Quote:

And thanks again Mike... loosing Aunt Carol so soon after loosing my father has been a real... well, it's not been easy for my mom. She lost dad and her closest living sibling in just over a month between the two. And she's taking it pretty hard. So if you can keep her in your prayers, i'd really appreciate it.

I leave for the funeral in the morning and won't be back until Thursday evening. I'm hoping that when i get back that the package with all the things i need to get started will be be here waiting for me.
Nate,

Please accept my condolences and apologies for not mentioning this earlier. That was insensitive of me, and disrespect was meant.

At this stage of TMP4 I would imagine that what's in it is pretty much set, but if there is the option to run the canon Project (old weapons, vehicles and gear) I'll be satisfied. If there's not, I'll still probably buy a copy to check it out and out of loyalty's sake (like T2013) but not bother changing over my current game.

Tony
Old 12-08-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Nate,

Please accept my condolences and apologies for not mentioning this earlier. That was insensitive of me, and disrespect was meant.

At this stage of TMP4 I would imagine that what's in it is pretty much set, but if there is the option to run the canon Project (old weapons, vehicles and gear) I'll be satisfied. If there's not, I'll still probably buy a copy to check it out and out of loyalty's sake (like T2013) but not bother changing over my current game.

Tony
Actually... we're going to be putting out a The Classic Morrow Project sourcebook out as a PDF once 4th Edition Core Rulebook comes out. That is something we talked about on Friday. There are a lot of people who love the classic timeline and setting, and to honor them we'll be doing a free download of "The Classic Morrow Project" setting with only the things from the 3rd Edition updated with 4th Edition rules.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Actually... we're going to be putting out a The Classic Morrow Project sourcebook out as a PDF once 4th Edition Core Rulebook comes out. That is something we talked about on Friday. There are a lot of people who love the classic timeline and setting, and to honor them we'll be doing a free download of "The Classic Morrow Project" setting with only the things from the 3rd Edition updated with 4th Edition rules.
Nate,

Hey, works for me!

For that matter, I've just started a new game, and if it's not too late I'd love to do some playtesting for the new edition. I'm not sure of the status on that, but that would be really cool.

Tony

Last edited by helbent4; 12-09-2010 at 02:44 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Nate,

Hey, works for me!

For that matter, I've just started a new game, and if it's not too late I'd love to do some playtesting for the new edition. I'm not sure of the status on that, but that would be really cool.

Tony
If i had the ability to set that up, everyone on here would be on my short list for it. but i'll ask friday if it'll be possible. Especially once I get started on the updating of the Module Damocles
Old 12-10-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
If i had the ability to set that up, everyone on here would be on my short list for it. but i'll ask friday if it'll be possible. Especially once I get started on the updating of the Module Damocles
I would also like to volunteer!! Send me in Coach!!

Damocles has always been one of my favorites along with Starnaman!!!

Mike
Old 12-10-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
I would also like to volunteer!! Send me in Coach!!

Damocles has always been one of my favorites along with Starnaman!!!

Mike
Just got done with my meeting with Chris, and while play testing for the main book is closed already... we will be having play testing for modules that are coming out. But that will only be starting after I finish the layout work. Once it starts, I'll make a call for my play testers here!
Old 12-10-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Just got done with my meeting with Chris, and while play testing for the main book is closed already... we will be having play testing for modules that are coming out. But that will only be starting after I finish the layout work. Once it starts, I'll make a call for my play testers here!
Nate,

Sounds outstanding, let me know what you got!

Tony
Old 12-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Some bloke

Richard,

This is great news.
Can't wait to see the final result!

Rob