RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 01-26-2017, 07:41 AM

Default 4th Edition whole body bleed rate

Hopefully this is the last rules questions.

Bleed rate is usually damage plus or minus degrees of success or failure, but under Whole body an exceptional results in a bleed rate of [DoS x 5%] x Dp. that seems to imply that better your success the more you bleed.

Is some official forum I can post these questions I have been unable to find any.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:28 PM

This is another example of the bad editing. I can venture a guess based on the other ballistic damage listed. I think the formula is suppose to be:

Dp-[DoS x 5% x Dp]

This only makes sense because it is possible to take massive amounts of WDP in a single "hit". Ballistic damage generally caps out around 20 for most small arms. Directly subtracting DoS from that makes sense. Whole body damage can be much higher. Let's look at someone that is very resilient; CON = 30, MASS=10; and see what bleed rate on exceptional success look like with the formula above when damage comes from being close to a MK3A2 grenade, 295 explosive damage:

At 1m away, the WDP is 195. They are at -95% on their CON task check. The task check is negative, so no DoS are even possible.

At 2m away, the WDP is 95. They are at -45% on their CON task check, making it a 15%. They roll an 11, making their bleed rate 95-(2*0.05*95) or 85.

At 3m away, the WDP is 0, so no damage taken.

In another thread, we have argued that grenades are nurfed pretty badly as the rules are written, but that is something for another time.
Old 01-27-2017, 03:39 AM

That makes a lot more sense but that will scare the hell out of most players. My math sucks but this would be the same as Dp-[DoSxDp/20] would it not.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:21 AM

Trying to get the roll template to display the calculated BR would mean adding another 10 parameters for something that will rarely happen. So I added a note to refer a calculator on the sheet.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltShumate View Post
That makes a lot more sense but that will scare the hell out of most players. My math sucks but this would be the same as Dp-[DoSxDp/20] would it not.
Your math is correct