RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2015, 01:05 PM

Default Personal Effects

One of the things that always bugged me is that the original idea of TMP required that members leave their entire life behind - not just all the people (which is largely unavoidable) but also their possessions. That seemed to be a correctable problem, and since my characters were always legally dead, I told one group of players that Morrow arranged for a long-term cemetery plot in a location of their choosing, and that when they were declared dead a coffin would be filled with whatever they chose, charged with nitrogen, sealed, and buried. This gave them a roughly 2'x3'x6' box that they could put anything into, and that they could plan to recover once the more dangerous phases of the Project were completed.

This was not an ideal solution, however. Many players wanted to put not just personal effects, but also practical items in there as well - a favorite gun or clothes or trade items or whatever - and in many cases the chosen burial plot was thousands of miles from their bolthole. So the next group I gave an extra cache, specially designated, that held 2'x3'x6' boxes for each of them. That way, it was near to them and easily obtainable whenever they as a team thought it worthwhile. Of course, the cache doesn't re-hide itself, so once opened it is a good idea to get everything out to a secure location.

Anyway, how reasonable does that sound to everyone? Does anyone have a better idea? I just don't like the idea that these guys have to live out of their rucks for the rest of their lives...