RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive

Old 01-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Things We Would Like To See

TR 04-02-2004, 09:03 PM Here's something to ponder on this all... what would you like to see if and when new materials are produced for Twilight???

These responses of mine will be generalized but it gives you an idea of course.

Me personally I'd like to see:

Adventures/Sourcebooks for entire states if not countries, so instead of a Howling Wilderness sourcebook that covers 50 states 1 for 1 state (or 2-3 at most).

Adventures/Sourcebooks based on the major players in the game: CIVGOV and MILGOV and some of the minor players... like New America.

Adventures/Sourcebooks that allow one to game in the battles (etc) leading up to the nukes, just after and of course after the return so you can sort of customize your campaigns.

Sourcebooks for the disposition of the military forces... ALL of them in terms of the OOB so were not seeing gaps when it comes to the Air Force and Navy for example.

Sourcebooks for character creation in the military, law enforcement and civilian careers... and globally so you can have 1 handy sourcebook to cover it all.

Sourcebooks for Armor, Aviation, Equipment, Firearms, Naval Vessels and all that jazz of course because we always look for new equipment of course.

And a personal change, a revised if not updated nuclear strike list for all the major player nations because Russia's listing was weak.

What would you like see?

Until Later

TR

Matt Wiser 04-03-2004, 12:51 AM All of the above, plus some more adventures set in Iran, plus Korea (IIRC a Korea sourcebook was planned by GDW), Frank Frey's Lions of Twilight (the story of the 173rd Airborne in Kenya),.

State specific sourcebooks: California would be at the top of my list-be nice to see how T2K went in my home state.

As for aviation: use real units for the air units, not like RDF using composite ones for some of the AF and all of the Naval air in the Gulf.

TiggerCCW UK 04-04-2004, 06:13 AM I'd love to see a redone UK survivors guide, with more detail on specific areas (particularly Northern Ireland) and some actual adventures in various areas, as opposed to plot hooks. I agree witht the idea about new books to cover worldwide character generation, it would give games so much more scope.

shrike6 04-04-2004, 10:11 PM What I'd like to see.

Even though I consider this one of the best T2K books, I'd like to see the RDF Sourcebook rewritten. It's pretty dated. I'd also like to see Frank Frey's "Lions of Twilight" as well. I also would like books covering areas like southeastern Europe, Bavaria/Austria/Tyrol, Korea, Canada, and Mexico. Books on Civgov and Milgov's heartlands as well.

Ed the Coastie 04-04-2004, 11:27 PM I would like to see something covering Central and/or South America -- I've always liked Central America, and I don't think I can recall South America getting much more than mentioned as an aside.

Central and Southern Africa would also be of interest, as would the Indian subcontinent.

Lastly, I'd like to see something involving a major city like was done with New York (Armies of the Night) and Los Angeles (City of Angels). Miami or New Orleans would be interesting...

TR 04-05-2004, 06:11 PM Lions of Twilight? Do tell... not heard of that particular one.

TR

shrike6 04-05-2004, 07:37 PM The Lions of Twilight

This is from the old WEBRPG board.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: The Lions of Twilight: T2K in Africa

Posted by: Frank Frey

Date: 07/05/2000 08:07

Greetings,

While going through some old T2K notes, I found my hand drawn AO map foe western Kenya. I used the map in a Merc: 2000 campaign. Here are some of the concepts for the T2K campaign.

1.) The main American unit in Kenya is the 173rd Airborne Brigade. It was reactivated in 1996. (oob available). It was orignally tasked as CentComm's mobile reserve force but wound in Kenya protecting the oil refineries there.

2.) The Kenya military in T2K is still a very potent force. They work with the American paratroopers in keeping things relatively orderly.

3.) The two main enemy organizations are the PARA (Pan African Revolutionary Army) a loose amalgamation of various tribal militias and warlord armies and Jundullah (Soldiers of God), a radical Muslim group that wants to establish a theocracy in East Africa.

Anyway, those are the basics. I didn't really get much else done.

Frank Frey

TR 04-05-2004, 08:05 PM Ok.... I remember the discussion but not the name... hard to believe but there has been ALOT of good topics over the years covered on the old and new site...

Used to be fun to see Frank and Loren drop by from time to time and answer questions and add content... it shed some realy light on those questions we always had.

Thanks for the refresher.

TR

Ed the Coastie 04-05-2004, 08:26 PM After my last post, I got to thinking and decided that I might go ahead and do an adventure featuring a city (I'm leaning towards Miami) that has been flooded and is believed to be abandoned, but still home to some genuine weirdness.

I'm even thinking of incorporating some elements from Dark Conspiracy into it.

Due to my recent move, this project is going to be on the back-burner for a while...I don't have my T2K and DC books with me at present. But at least it's in the kitchen, and will go onto the stove as soon as I am reunited with my books.

Grimace 04-06-2004, 02:26 AM What I'd like to see is some more info, maybe some good adventures, set DURING the war. That's always the thing that most interested me, not so much the "after", but the "during".

dawg180 04-06-2004, 01:01 PM Los Angeles and New York? C'mon, where is the Chicago adventure?

Of course updated Small arms/heavy weapons guides would be nice. The guides seemed to focus on some relatively rare weapons whie leaving out some very common ones (say, like everything China uses...)

Dawg

pmulcahy 04-06-2004, 07:18 PM Well, being from San Antonio, I'd like to see more about South Texas. ( I had considerable notes about San Antonio in the Twilight War, but lost them in the move from Ft. Bragg.)

A Korea sourcebook would be nice, as would be a China sourcebook and a Canada sourcebook.

Some thing I'd also like to see are some more "backwater" parts of the Twilight War, a la the Bangkok sourcebook. My candidates for this would include Vietnam/Indochina, Hawaii, Alaska, Central and South America, and Northern Africa.

Webstral 04-07-2004, 07:40 PM I'd like to see Korea, too. And Canada. I agree with everyone above who wishes for a more detailed state-by-state breakdown.

I'd also like to see some missions/adventures in the Pacific. MilGov would have a keen interest in controlling islands because they would represent a land mass relatively easy to secure. CONUS represents a big problem from a security standpoint because the huge land mass is tough to control. I would expect MilGov to go about securing islands wherever possible using surviving Navy assets.

Along those lines, we might expect to see MilGov trying to control islands in the Caribbean as agricultural bases. There would be some interesting campaigns for small groups of motivated soldiers. Turning islands in the Caribbean into secure bastions for food for operations in CONUS would make for many gaming possibilities.

Mexico would be another good sourcebook candidate.

Webstral

TR 04-07-2004, 09:29 PM I think a Mexico supplement would be great, along the same lines Cuba and Russia as well would be good to have as well.

Naturally it goes without saying that I would love to see a new firearms resource... but that's probably because that's what I have on my site.

Until Later

TR

Matt Wiser 04-08-2004, 02:07 AM Wasn't Cuba neutral? IIRC Fidel retired in the T2K timeline and his successor knew the folly of joining the Soviets in a war against the U.S. In V.2 the U.S. leaves Gitmo in '99 but nothing about it in V.1. Both do agree on the Mexicans offering Division Cuba a way out of Cuba and a chance to get in the war. One does wonder in the 2300 AD universe (300 years after T2K) if there are quite a few Texans of Russian/Soviet descent in Texas....

Dogger 04-14-2004, 02:31 PM You guys pretty much covered everything I'd say, I would like to see a detailed source book on just what the rest of the world is doing and who is still fighting who and with what.

Jason Weiser 04-14-2004, 06:55 PM At the risk of sounding silly, how about some alternate oops! (From a perveyor of such). For vanilla Twilight, I'd like some softer stuff, like a history of the war (Like what Webstral is doing). I'd also like some adventures in Asia and how about something to go to Mount Weather to recover the Constitution and DOI for Milgov? Say New America is racing them to it and Civgov told Milgov because they'd rather let them have it than New America.

TR 04-14-2004, 09:48 PM how about something to go to Mount Weather to recover the Constitution and DOI for Milgov? Say New America is racing them to it and Civgov told Milgov because they'd rather let them have it than New America.

Actually that was an idea I had for an adventure in that you would have CivGov, MilGov and New America all racing to recover the Constitution and Bill of Rights from Mount Weather... perfect hook and idea as the PC's could be in either government group, New America or just freelance help recruited to bolster support personnel in the area, etc.

Until Later

TR

Antenna 04-19-2004, 08:07 AM What about this....

Get the Finnish books translated ?

Antenna

shrike6 04-19-2004, 11:30 AM Good one Antenna,

I had forgotten about the finnish books.

Morthrai 05-09-2004, 10:23 AM Originally posted by Ed the Coastie

After my last post, I got to thinking and decided that I might go ahead and do an adventure featuring a city (I'm leaning towards Miami) that has been flooded and is believed to be abandoned, but still home to some genuine weirdness.

I'm even thinking of incorporating some elements from Dark Conspiracy into it.

Ed, if you need any help with the Dark Conspiracy elements I would be more than willing to assist. I know I don't post much on these boards but as Antenna will tell you I do love the GDW games

Ed the Coastie 05-09-2004, 10:47 AM Pleased to meet you...I'm a BIG fan of Demonground (I use alot of it in my games) and have been waiting patiently for the next issue to be released.

I'll be sure to let you know if I need help...like I said, the project is back-burnered at the moment.