RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 12-05-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketenjagdpanzer View Post
Polk City is pretty close to New America territory; if anything they might have raided it first.
Maybe, but the rubble of Tampa is in the way. To get there without going through the rubble, you'd either need to loop north or south. Going north would mean going through Westchase, head east through Sulfur Springs and Temple Terrace to 75, and down 75 to 4, then over 4, which would be around 75 miles to get from the airport just northeast of Toytown to Polk City. Going south across 275 to 75 would mean traveling 90 miles. Going through the rubble, it would still be at least 67 miles. Baldwin Park (the neighborhood built on the site of the old NTC) to Polk City is 46 miles. I'd say the odds are at least even that the JMC could get there first.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:31 AM
Banned

FYI for those who are looking for possible information on old military vehicles found a site you might want to check out

http://www.mvpa.org/

Military Vehicle Preservation Association

Established in 1976, the non-profit MVPA is dedicated to providing an international organization for military vehicle enthusiasts, historians, preservationists and collectors interested in the acquisition, restoration, preservation, safe operation and public education of historic military transport.

For this thread this would be the local group in the area - they were founded in 1981 so there would be re-enactors/collectors from this group in the area during the timeline

FIRST FLORIDA MVPA, INC – www.flmvpa.org

President: David Thomas – 24806: amcdst@yahoo.com
Ocklawaha, FL: (352) 288-0604
Old 04-27-2018, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
FYI for those who are looking for possible information on old military vehicles found a site you might want to check out

http://www.mvpa.org/

Military Vehicle Preservation Association

Established in 1976, the non-profit MVPA is dedicated to providing an international organization for military vehicle enthusiasts, historians, preservationists and collectors interested in the acquisition, restoration, preservation, safe operation and public education of historic military transport.

For this thread this would be the local group in the area - they were founded in 1981 so there would be re-enactors/collectors from this group in the area during the timeline

FIRST FLORIDA MVPA, INC – www.flmvpa.org

President: David Thomas – 24806: amcdst@yahoo.com
Ocklawaha, FL: (352) 288-0604
One thing I've noticed is that there's a huge number of Deuce-and-a-half trucks and HEMTTs privately owned here in the Central Florida area. I would assume that, given a fair trade, the JMC just might want to utilize those for reconstruction purposes.

Edit: I see an M41 and a couple of M8s, plus two halftracks.

Maybe someday I'll revise the ol' 1st JMC TO&E
Old 04-28-2018, 12:45 AM
Ephemera of the Big Ka-Boom

Default A peek at the future=Tomorrowland!

Anybody else remember mention in 2300 AD that the subterranean parts of Walt Disney World were "appropriated" by the "No Such Agencies" after they had been abandoned. Agents would refer to visiting the facilities as "Seeing the Mouse".
Old 04-28-2018, 09:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketenjagdpanzer View Post
One thing I've noticed is that there's a huge number of Deuce-and-a-half trucks and HEMTTs privately owned here in the Central Florida area. I would assume that, given a fair trade, the JMC just might want to utilize those for reconstruction purposes.

Edit: I see an M41 and a couple of M8s, plus two halftracks.

Maybe someday I'll revise the ol' 1st JMC TO&E
since that is one of the articles I am looking at for the fanzine please feel free to do so
Old 04-28-2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
since that is one of the articles I am looking at for the fanzine please feel free to do so
I'll see what needs to be done to fix it up. I will likely increase the personnel and the population of the Orlando area, as well as add more vehicles.