RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 12-11-2010, 02:51 PM

Default Gearing up for a new Morrow Project Game, anybody intrested?

I'm gearing up for a new PBEM game with a start date of end of December/start of January.

Players will be members of a twelve-person Recon Team operating in western Kansas/eastern Colorado. I'm looking for mature players, able to handle a dark-theme.

The web site is not an open site, too many bad experiences with spammers, please log and request to suscribe and I'll okay you. Lurkers welcome!

The web site is: reconteam71@yahoogroups.com
Old 12-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Volunteer Timeline Errata Coord.

Lee,

Sounds great, any other details?

Tony
Old 12-12-2010, 06:25 PM

Been busy downloading files today and answering character gen questions. Looks like 4-5 players so far.

Don't want to give away too many details...

But central-western Kansas is the heart of the Great Plains, not to mention being home to several off-shoot religions. Lots of old Atlas and Titan missile silos, not to mention being on the wrong side of the Colorado strikes. Kansas also happens to be the home of private aircraft manufacturing in North America. The state is a intresting range of high-tech manufacturing coupled with major grain and livestock growing.

I'm going for a darker, gritty feel for the game...and the KFS is nowhere in sight!
Old 12-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Volunteer Timeline Errata Coord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon500ly View Post

I'm going for a darker, gritty feel for the game...and the KFS is nowhere in sight!
Lee,

Sounds promising!

I feel a lot of TMP gets sidetracked into massive battles and conflicts with the KFS, Krell, or other BBGA (Big Bad Guy Army). The players become generals or politicians, putting together and maintaining a massive coalition of communities, etc.

I've had considerable success with more "personal" conflicts where relatively small groups fight desperately over food or water, something like that where the players can make a personal decisions. Like you say, gritty.

Tony
Old 12-14-2010, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helbent4 View Post
I feel a lot of TMP gets sidetracked into massive battles and conflicts with the KFS, Krell, or other BBGA (Big Bad Guy Army). The players become generals or politicians, putting together and maintaining a massive coalition of communities, etc.

I've had considerable success with more "personal" conflicts where relatively small groups fight desperately over food or water, something like that where the players can make a personal decisions. Like you say, gritty.
Don't get me wrong, there are Slavers, Bikers and other assorted groups, not to mention the occassional Krell war party, so there will be conflict, but the area is also remote enough that it will be difficult for the BBGA to operate, and in a post OOPS environment, most of the area may have reverted back to the great grasslands.