RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2018, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcchordsage View Post
Where have I been? Surprisingly, the holidays haven't managed to quite kill me. This new edition (Version 12, v11.8-11.10 were internal-only) includes some big overhauls. Finally having Microsoft Word reinstalled, managed to track down where that extra page kept coming from in the PDF.

Data wise: 29th Infantry Brigade, 92nd Infantry Brigade, tons of non-divisional National Guard artillery and air defense artillery, revisions to divisional data, more independent infantry battle groups, units activated for the Missile Crisis or Berlin Wall updated, editing corrections, and more.
Impressive work!
Old 01-26-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell-fish View Post
Thanks for all this work. I came across this in a Google search on Pentomic stuff for my own research, and was happy to see that there's still an active community for T2K - the only RPG that ever got me interested.

I notice you don't have the order of battle for the Californian 49th Infantry Division. If you'll allow me, this is the 1960 OOB. I also have all the active army divisional OOBs around here if you're interested in fleshing it out. Actually, see if this Google book preview works for you. It has nearly all active and reserve-component divisions from 1917-2004, broken down into eras. The book is Infantry Division Components of the US Army by Timothy Aumiller
Hi Hellfish! Thanks for the assistance! I actually already have the 49th Infantry Division's order of battle, but it has unfortunately been left out of the actual posted material! Somehow it got skipped over from the initial .txt to the second .txt to the Word document used to make these PDFs.

I actually have a physical copy of Infantry, Armor/Cavalry, and Artillery Battalions. The issue with the online preview version of Infantry Division Components is it doesn't show the 49th's 1960 order of battle. You'll see them both cited in the citations at the end of the main document. I didn't use the pure Military Museum list for mine because Battalions... has some different combat units. It's substantially the same, though, that's what I started from.

Active units aren't making it on the OOB document because they're fairly well known without accessing any deeper research military then wikipedia, even for that era. The divisions themselves are/will be in the Locations and Equipment part; regular, National Guard, Reserve, and AUS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike6 View Post
Impressive work!
Thanks Shrike!

Here's the 49th ID added, thanks to (non-flying) Hell-fish's assistance!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf US Army Reserve & NG Units, 1962 (Twilight 1964) v12.2.pdf (2.09 MB, 151 views)
Old 02-02-2018, 08:02 PM

Updates: Some units added to the non-divisional reserve list (Including a JAG War Crimes Investigations unit); biggest addition is a lot of towns added for Reserve units. Not finished combing through the papers yet but the Signal Corps, Transportation, Chemical Warfare, Artillery, and Engineer units all have their home towns if available to me. Adjutant General units are about 1/2 finished but I'm running out of energy going through broken OCR'd newspaper pages.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf US Army Reserve & NG Units, 1962 (Twilight 1964) v12.5.pdf (2.08 MB, 175 views)
Old 02-19-2018, 11:23 PM

Updates: Revisions to the 46th Infantry Division's artillery and units per investigation into whether or not 1/225th Infantry was an Airborne unit or not. Results inconclusive but currently marked as such.

Tried to include a very interesting report from, if I remember right, CIA archives of NATO readiness status in Europe in 1961. It wouldn't attach but if anyone's interested PM me for it.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf US Army Reserve & NG Units, 1962 (Twilight 1964) v12.8.pdf (2.09 MB, 210 views)
Old 03-23-2018, 07:37 PM

Good news soon, if anyone's still following this, I've got a whole bundle of TO&E stuff from the early 1960s on the way from the Center for Military History at Fort McNair. Expect updates soon!
Old 03-24-2018, 03:24 PM

You should put this together and sell it on DriveThruRPG.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:18 PM

I've thought about it with the revival in interest in T2K products, but there's not really enough here to sell, not to mention the thorny rights issues for some of the illustrations.