RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 05-22-2023, 11:40 PM

Default my darn players

So we started playing large unit campaigns since my brother wanted to get all his PCs from around the world home to the US and make the game interesting as the goal was to restore some kind of civilization ... at first. One PC he had was sent to New York and later fled the city north and eventually join up with milgov units and was recruited when my bros marine battalion was doing a patrol sweep of the area that NYNG troops where preparing to reclaim. Sometime goes buy and my brother hits on the idea that this PC informs the officer of the regiment (another PC) about the gold and now he's trying to put together a training mission wink wink thru his contacts in Norfolk to try and obtain the gold with his state assets with a plan to keep half of it. lol

I also think hes making a play to become president of the United states using the recovered russian nuke from Ohio that he reported stolen by marauders.
Old 05-23-2023, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Sometimes, the worst atrocities begin with the best of intentions. Keep us posted on how the campaign shakes out.

-
Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, and co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048

Last edited by Raellus; 05-23-2023 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-24-2023, 12:59 PM

of hell, dealing with the mess that is New York in the game, After reading that book I would say that mission is just a nightmare to even think about for sure.
If nothing else, he is giving you ideas for mission for the game at least. Now to just change things up to really screw with what they might think about from reading the book a few times.
Old 05-25-2023, 02:07 AM

In my last campaign the CO of the party, upon realising what a nightmare his secondary mission of "conducting a census" in NYC would be, he quickly devised his "Target Zero" doctrine - the less people left alive, the easier counting them would be.
Old 06-02-2023, 04:42 PM

A week of planning has gone by with everything from over land, helicopter insertion, to naval insertion considered. Weather a small team or a full invasion or a 100 man unit should be used. No concrete plan yet but seems to have settled into a new team to gather intel on the ground and possibly obtain resources for moving the gold from parties in possession of former 42 div, or 78th div vehicles that where taken from them. Once a confirmation of the location of the gold is verified , a secondary force being deployed to recover the gold and extraction to a yet to be determined location. A suitable area is being looked for to set up a base of operations near to, yet still outside of the main New York city and harbor area. wrenches Ive been looking at to throw into the mix

1 hizzonor the mayor is now supported by civ gov
2 The harbor pirates have recovered and are preparing a destroyer in the old navy yards of New jersey
3 A new Americain agent within 1st Army HQ is going to try and use the info with there agents within New york state to try and sabotage or redirect the gold into New Americain hands.