RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2011, 05:45 PM

Speaking of the Pacific powers and the war in the Far East, does anyone have any information about what goes on in Southeast Asia and Oceania during the Twilight War? Also, does Australia send troops to Korea? While I'm on the subject, have any of our Australian cousins done anything on an ANZUS Vehicle Guide? You know, something that would cover all the Australian and New Zealand Army (and associated armed services) formations in the Twilight War, give a brief history of Aussie-Kiwi involvement in the broader and regional wars (Indo, anyone?) as well as perhaps a sort of Howling Wilderness-type guide to the state of affairs in Australia and New Zealand. That would be a splendid product. North American and European players could justify being involved as liaison personnel left in the lurch by the nuclear exchange.

Last edited by Webstral; 10-13-2011 at 05:49 PM. Reason: More to ask
Old 10-13-2011, 06:17 PM

I've been trying to get something together on that for a while now. Still not sure about Australians going to Korea, but if any are sent it'll be 9 Brigade once brought up to strength (IRL they're a reserve force and mainly exist as a skeleton).
With the Indonesian confilict at the same time it doesn't seem right to send a regular unit, or any unit at all really, but some bright spark put Australians in Korea in a Challenge mag so I'll do my best to make it work.

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 10-13-2011, 06:41 PM

For the South West Pacific area, Ive been mulling over some ideas of using 2.0 Bangkok and the Merc Gazetteer as a road map for a communist coup in Indonesia, and Khmer Rouge attacks into Thailand. I also thought that the evacuation of Korea (kind of a "Going Home" for the Pacific) would help provide forces to balance out some interesting ideas across the Pacific Rim.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:53 PM

Indonesia certainly needs some sort of a nudge to enter hostilities with Australia. Even without our allies lending a hand, it'd be hard work successfully invading northern Australia, let alone holding onto it.
A communist coup could be the key to it.

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 10-14-2011, 01:31 AM

from what little i've found mentioned in cannon my present location is worse off than 5ID. the whole penninsula is overrun, EUSA consists of less than a platoon, the the ROKA aren't much better off. of course North Korea don't fare too well either.
the best course of action when all is against you is to slow down and think critically about the situation. this way you are not blindly rushing into an ambush and your mind is doing something useful rather than getting you killed.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
That unit list for Australia only deals with the regular army and has completely skipped over the reserve forces (which form another Division and round out the first).
That's the drawback of the series, it simply lists total number of Reserves and there is very little, if any, info on how they breakdown...still, it is useful in that it goes you some idea as to what is available, as well as decent info on the major weapon systems.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:40 PM

Final target list for Chinese nuclear targets. Keep in mind I did not list any tactical weapon strikes or anything under 100kt yield. If you map this out, its a pretty ugly scenario in and of itself.
Attached Files
File Type: doc china target list.doc (45.0 KB, 112 views)