RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2013, 03:14 PM

Default Conditions 150 yrs after the big blow.

I've been doing some research.
I've found out that what most of us currently think about how things will be after it all hits the fan is not quite right.
First with 90 to 95 % of the population gone the knowledge base that it will take to keep most current technology running is so low its sucking mud.
Besides that most survivors will be to busy trying to survive to keep things like roads, utilities, and such running.
I talked to a highway engineer who told me that if nothing is done with the roads that in 50 yrs.' they would be too bad to be considered safe to move more than 20 to 30 miles a hour.
If you watch Life with out people you get a good idea what things will be like at the time the game takes place.
Any one else got thoughts on this?
Old 07-03-2013, 05:40 PM

I recently checked out a old ammunition factory that was in use during the first world war. Close to a hundred years ago. Its a state park now but quite a bit of the old facilities are still in place, things like the power plant, some buildings, railroad beds and sewer lines. Places were roads ran are completely overgrown and you can see asphalt torn up by plant growth. The power plant is overgrown and heavily collapsed and buildings are either foundations or lone walls standing in the woods. Sewer lines have become pipelines for the local aquifeir and spurt up little brooks all over the place. The railroad bed is a trail now so its relativly clear but if you look you can find abandonded buckets and tools off the path that time and nature have turned into barely recognisable relics. And that's less than a 100 years in south jersey. At the 150 mark I don't expect anything standing but the rare block house.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:23 PM
Internet Intellectual

Using pictures from the current state of Detroit, Michigan is good for apocalypse visuals. Then signs and graffiti are instantly recognizable by Americans. More emotional impact that way.

GOOGLE Search Abandoned Detroit Photos