RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2011, 01:14 PM

Default British 7th Armoured Brigade

Now that I am back from annual camp (having upset one of the staff at the Royal Armouries by knowing more about the Sten than she did), here is the first of the requested articles.

As ever nitpicks welcomed.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 7th Armoured Brigade in TW2000 19-08-11.pdf (362.0 KB, 192 views)
Old 08-19-2011, 02:33 PM

James if you where a girl I'd kiss you!
Old 08-21-2011, 02:31 AM

Thanks, it's appreciated.

Nobody spot any errors this time? :-)
Old 08-21-2011, 05:58 AM

Good job - living in the North of Scotland it's nice to see Cock o' the North mentioned.

Just a couple of minor nitpicks...nothing major

Tidworth's in Wiltshire, not Yorkshire!

Also in your final order of battle you have 1st Bn, Queen's Dragoon Guards - as a Cavalry Regiment I don't think they would be classed as a Battalion? You've switched between the Queen's Dragoon Guards and the Royal Dragoon Guards a few times...is that a typo? Also, if you're using the Royal Dragoon Guards are you using a full post Options for Change order of battle?
Old 08-21-2011, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Six View Post
Good job - living in the North of Scotland it's nice to see Cock o' the North mentioned.

Just a couple of minor nitpicks...nothing major

Tidworth's in Wiltshire, not Yorkshire!

Also in your final order of battle you have 1st Bn, Queen's Dragoon Guards - as a Cavalry Regiment I don't think they would be classed as a Battalion? You've switched between the Queen's Dragoon Guards and the Royal Dragoon Guards a few times...is that a typo? Also, if you're using the Royal Dragoon Guards are you using a full post Options for Change order of battle?
Tidworth was going to be Catterick but I changed it and missed the reference.

QDG I thank has Bns but I may be wrong - I'm an infantryman at heart...

All references should be QDG nor RDG - will correct.

Thanks for the input.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Langham View Post
Tidworth was going to be Catterick but I changed it and missed the reference.

QDG I thank has Bns but I may be wrong - I'm an infantryman at heart...

All references should be QDG nor RDG - will correct.

Thanks for the input.
No probs - that all makes sense.

I'm fairly certain QDG is a single Regiment with the full title 1st The Queen's Dragoon Guards (and the nickname the Welsh Cavalry).
Old 08-21-2011, 07:32 AM

As always James, a joy to read....

But rap?!?! I chastise you SIR! Chastise I say!

Old 08-21-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon500ly View Post
As always James, a joy to read....

But rap?!?! I chastise you SIR! Chastise I say!

Unfortunately I couldn't work in a character who writes opera...

Blame Andy McNab's War Torn for the idea.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:59 AM

This thread has just reminded me that I think James Blunt would probably still have been a serving officer in the Life Guards during the Twilight War.

(Wiki link added for those who've never heard of him as I have no clue how popular James Blunt is - or isn't - outside the UK)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Blunt
Old 08-21-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
This thread has just reminded me that I think James Blunt would probably still have been a serving officer in the Life Guards during the Twilight War.

(Wiki link added for those who've never heard of him as I have no clue how popular James Blunt is - or isn't - outside the UK)

He actually made it into my background (although not named) based on his comments when he was interviewed about his time in the Army on Top Gear.

I will try and find the quote when I have chance.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:56 AM

Cracking work James, I also tracked down your article on the 44th Airborne Brigade which I have just finished reading.

One spelling error, you spelt fusiliers as 'fusileers' a couple of times.

One further thing you said you used the 2010 ORBAT as the starting off point rather than a Late 80's/early 90's ORBAT, why was this? I just enquired because you used the early 80's designation of medical regiments rather than field ambulances.

Whats next on the cards?

Colour Sergeant Bourne: And a bayonet, sir, with some guts behind.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:

My background text:

“We got a great new subbie in early 1997, typical new officer straight from Sandhurst after Harrow. I was his driver, he was a real character, great guitarist played all the classics, nice singer too if a little high pitched. Even started writing his own songs, sometimes they were a bit dark though. I remember one song 'No Bravery' very well. Used dark humour a lot too with “It's Bloody Cold” to make fun of himself. He used to sing those two a lot. He always reckoned that he was one of the most shot at people on the planet being the lead element all the time but as he said if we are that close to the enemy at least we aren't likely to get nuked! He always used to joke that he should put his guitar inside the Scimitar for safe-keeping and strap one of the crew to the outside but that the OC would probably be unhappy with that. In fact that was his threat every time someone screwed up. I think he was joking!”
Trooper Peter Watson
Blues and Royals
Old 08-23-2011, 02:35 PM

Nice one...on a semi related vein, anything in your history on a former Life Guards officer named Hewitt?
Old 08-23-2011, 03:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

My so-called 'wife' loved James Blunt, and i've got all of his CDs as gifts for her... but even before her i had heard of him. He even stared on the last episode of "Las Vegas"

Quote:
My background text:

“We got a great new subbie in early 1997, typical new officer straight from Sandhurst after Harrow. I was his driver, he was a real character, great guitarist played all the classics, nice singer too if a little high pitched. Even started writing his own songs, sometimes they were a bit dark though. I remember one song 'No Bravery' very well. Used dark humour a lot too with “It's Bloody Cold” to make fun of himself. He used to sing those two a lot. He always reckoned that he was one of the most shot at people on the planet being the lead element all the time but as he said if we are that close to the enemy at least we aren't likely to get nuked! He always used to joke that he should put his guitar inside the Scimitar for safe-keeping and strap one of the crew to the outside but that the OC would probably be unhappy with that. In fact that was his threat every time someone screwed up. I think he was joking!”
Trooper Peter Watson
Blues and Royals
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately I couldn't work in a character who writes opera...

Blame Andy McNab's War Torn for the idea.
Naw, I'm more a classic rock kinda guy....