RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 10-29-2020, 03:11 PM

Default Advanced timelines

Has anyone ever advanced their timelines on their story or game? I decided to advance it for one. I moved the nuclear war date to 2025. For me it allowed some better tech and more corporations to either be rolled into the Morrow project or be adversaries to it. It makes for more fun to not only have SF "snake eaters" to reason with but possibly "Blackwater" or private military's to contend with. (Monsanto owns the company formally known as "Blackwater and that makes for great conspiracy and future play) So this can make for great campaign fun, "who are the good guys?". Or imagine Space X working with the MP and having one, two or even three rockets stowed away in silos with satellite packages ready to go and the team has to either save, launch or make the decision to terminate the rockets and payloads. I found it made a better fit for the younger players and also made for better play.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:09 AM

I mean, you saw mine. But, I hadn't really focused on adding real world companies into the mix.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:33 PM

When I had some time a few years back, I actually looked at some actual companies and, using canon dates, placed a bunch for the CoT and Rich 5. The results were surprising, to say the least. If there is interest, I can share it.

But I have worked out a large network of companies that through a myriad of corporate shells and other dealings make it difficult to without spending years trying to get records and doing forensic accounting on all of them. It also works with my envisioning of the Krell and how they got started and work. I really haven't made other such groups, but it would make sense that they would pop up. They have skills, tech, and gear that would help them in the short term after the war and to become either a pocket of safety or a local warlord with a gang or tribe behind them.

I should put making a few on my list of things to add. They would make a nice addition to my religons and zealots for thing to challenge my players with.