RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive

Old 01-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Friday Night Firefight

kcdusk 12-09-2005, 04:08 AM Where can i find out more about Friday Night Firefight?

Is it a RPG or war game or minatures?

Lindgaard 12-09-2005, 04:19 AM Hello Kcdusk

"Friday Night Firefight" is the combat system in Cyberpunk 2020

You can find it here : http://www.talsorian.com/

regards

Lindgaard

kcdusk 12-11-2005, 03:42 AM Fuzion v 5.02 - looks like a RPG? Is this right?

I thought you were using some minature rules? Or do they need to be purchased?

ChalkLine 12-11-2005, 05:01 AM Fuzion is almost but not quite Friday Night Firefight. When people say FNF they're usually refering to R.Tal's Cyberpunk 2020 combat system but not the setting (although it's a great game, one of my faves).

It's a cool system that handles firefights easily and logically without being, in my view, rules-burdened. Unfortunately, the T2K game always had a clunky combat system which just proves it's a great game to have so many fans despite that, so you'll rarely find anyone playing a plain-jane version of the T2K rules without modification. I think T2K more than any other game has been ported to many other rules sets.

One of the funkiest things about it is the automatic fire rules that create suppression zones you have to negotiate rather than firer-rolls to hit. Of course, the next round the gunner may take exception to you living through his suppression zone and direct autofire at you, that's hard to live through . . .

jtr 12-11-2005, 05:20 AM G'day,

Yes, it's a pretty good combat system. But it's VERY deadly. In Cyberpunk you can choose from a vast range of armour options to keep you alive. In T2K all you've got is kevlar helmets and jackets. These provide limited protection against splinters from artillery, mortars and grenades. Against rifle and machine gun fire they are next to useless. FNF makes T2K VERY deadly. Under FNF there are old soldiers and bold soldiers but no old, bold soldiers. It makes for a realistic AND playable game but it's not the sort of game that accomodates heroes.

Cheers

John

TiggerCCW UK 12-11-2005, 03:50 PM Even with the vast range of armour FnF is bloody dangerous! Its a choice betwen layering armour to the point where you can't actually move, but might survive a hit, or being able to dodge around and hope that you move faster than the other guy. Its the first game that really encouraged me to think about using cover regularly.

Last edited by kato13; 02-10-2010 at 01:49 AM.

Tags
rules