RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2010, 02:18 PM
The Stat Guy

Default The old World War II Web site for T2K

There was once a web site with T2K stats for various World War II vehicles and weapons, as well as some character generation rules. I haven't been able to find the site for some time; fortunately, I have a PDF copy of the site. (I think it was on the now-defunct Geocities.) The email address the site has is no longer valid, and I'm trying to find the owner. Several persons have emailed me asking me for the address for the site. What I'd like to do is make the PDF available for download on my site, but I need to find the former site owner to ask permission first. Does anyone know his email address, or his name, for that matter?

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 03-19-2010, 03:00 PM
Your Friendly 92Y20!

It lives on at archive.org!!!!!!!!!!

The link I found referred to it as "Aaron's site"

There's an email addy: snotrplr@onemain.com, no idea if it still works...
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...
Old 03-19-2010, 03:10 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico20854 View Post
It lives on at archive.org!!!!!!!!!!

The link I found referred to it as "Aaron's site"

There's an email addy: snotrplr@onemain.com, no idea if it still works...
That email address unfortunately no longer works.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 03-19-2010, 07:02 PM

Bona nit, Paul!

I knew the site and even I remember to have posted the link in the GM resouces thread. So, I suppose that the site was active during the first months of Juhlin's existence.

The same happened to me with an old Yahoo site about a starfighter combat system for Star Wars D6. The site was no longer available but I had a copy in my HD. It was a very good material for a campaign I had in mind and I tried to contact with the author to ask his permission to translate the system and put it in my future web site. The e-mail adress was no longer valid... I decided to make my translation an include all the known references of the original author and his disappeared site.

I think that the material of the old Twilight site about WWII was good and interesting. It will be a shame if it get lost. And it fits perfectly in your site. A lot of people in this forum will appreciate its value and the fact that can be consulted in a known and active site. So, my personal opinion: give the proper recognition to the author and the chance to contact with you if he/she has any suggestion or problem. And post it.

Ah! If needed I have a doc of the WWII site with all the stuff about US. I modified it to include all the photographs of the vehicles.