RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2008, 07:53 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Some points about my equipment/mapping site

Sorry for so many stickies. I will try to keep these to a minimum once things get settled.

regarding http://games.juhlin.com

please note you must register at both sites as I was not able to make a single login

I have both a forum site and a gaming site.

I was going to merge my login code for my gaming site with the vbulletin code but I did not have time given the fact we have no idea when RPGhost is going to go away.

I also want to point out a few limitations and issues as well as provide a few instructional points.

Lag time on Equipment Pages

I know there is a long lag time on the display of some of the pages with the "tree" layout. This is due to quite a bit of JavaScript loading in the background. It should only happen once, either per session or spanning multiple sessions depending on your browser caching settings.

Equipment Instructions

If you click on the little [+] signs it will open or close the branch of the tree. If you click on a kit/container/equipment it will display the details.

Weight and Volume

Each kit/container/equipment on the tree will have weight and volume information. Containers will have volume remaining. Some containers are considered "soft sided" (like backpacks) and their final size will be determined by what is inside them.

Pictures and Descriptions
These are not nearly complete. The early launch is to blame. A lot of what I have is filler.

Future Plans
A shopping cart of sorts allowing you to equip characters and vehicles while keeping a running track of weight and volume.

A npc generator. I am not going to do specific game stats but names, height, weight, etc will probably be generated. Random equipment generation might also be part of the system if I can figure out a good way to do this.

A ton of mapping tools using google maps and perhaps a Google Earth file generator.

Please post any questions you might have here for now.

Last edited by kato13; 09-17-2008 at 01:44 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:00 AM

I've started to use you equipment page as a reference for my online game. I like it quite a bit. I'd love to see your next additions... especially the shopping cart idea.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:16 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Thanks. It is good to hear that someone is using it. Images are now at 80% so you should expect some more military themed items in the next few weeks. (For a while at least it will be VERY US focused with a bit of NATO)

I will also come up with some sort of way to print out the kits and equipment lists. Probably some mix of txt, doc, xls and pdf files. Real time pdf generation (with images) is very cpu intensive so that might take a bit.

The shopping cart might take a little while longer as I have not even decided the best interface for it yet, but is is a priority.