RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2012, 01:57 PM

Default Patriot news flash ~for all true new america patriots, warning alert~

Attention BRAVE SOLDIERS OF NEW AMERICA. The TERROR REGIME of the military-industrial CONSPIRATORS, the same who are responsible for the ILLEGAL and UNJUST WAR that caused MILLIONS OF DEATH ACROSS AMERICA are now sowing the SEEDS OF DESTRUCTION while holding the rightful civilian populations of Orlando HOSTAGE with ENGINES OF TOTAL DESTRUCTION.

While true US PATRIOTS are forced to slave in the hot sun like common chattel, the evil, military overlords who hold the un-liberated under their guns have committed yet another WAR CRIME by construction of an ENGINE OF MASS TERROR to use against the RIGHTFUL INHERITORS of this great nation!

We have information from TRUE PATRIOTIC BROTHERS AND SISTERS WITHIN THE ENEMY CAMP that the ILLEGAL MILITARY JUNTA of ORLANDO, FLORIDA (once called "The City Beautiful" and "The City of Light" - now a pit of ugliness and darkness under the command of a TYRANNICAL DESPOT) have squandered resources vital to the reconstruction effort in the construction of a laughable yet sadly STILL DANGEROUS WAR MACHINE. By cobbling together the remains of an old and broken government and its WAR TOYS, the self-styled "Military Government" that illegally holds the populace of ORLANDO, FLORIDA HOSTAGE has stepped closer to the brink of TOTAL DESTRUCTION.

To the peace-loving, free white citizens of ORLANDO we of New America Ask: What Price Security? While you starve, the illegal junta wastes YOUR precious resources on an insouciant and illegal belligerent force designed to murder, support looting and rapine activities.

STOP THE MADNESS. STOP SUPPORTING THE FASCIST JMC. DESERT THEIR LINES NOW. JOIN NEW AMERICA AND REFORGE OUR COUNTRY INTO ONE OF SOVEREIGN CITIZENSHIP, DEDICATED TO GOD, RACE AND NATION!

~~~~~

(text of flyers found distributed through Osceola and west Orange County, Florida in 2001-2002).

In 2001, the 1st Florida JMC had created a reinforcement "battalion" of some 130 volunteers. Additionally, more support weapons were salvaged and built from local police and National Guard stocks, thus increasing the number of mortars and ammunition. Ammunition manufacture and brass reloading has begun in Orlando, and many small machine shops have the capability of repairing medium arms (.50 cal. and M60 parts, re-linking ammunition belts) and manufacturing small arms and ammunition.

The real coup, however, was the recovery of an M60A3 tank that had been placed on display in 1990 in front of a VFW in northwest Central Florida. Although technically a "display" piece, the members of the VFW, with permission from the US Government, kept the vehicle in running condition for years prior to the war - key elements like the starter and distributor were kept under lock and key in the VFW to prevent theft.

In May of 2001, representatives from the VFW made the dangerous trek 150+ miles south from Panasoffkee, Florida, to formally request assistance from the 1st JMC to help with constant raids and harassment by NA forces, and offered use of "their tank". The 1st JMC was surprised to find an operational (in terms of running gear; the tank was without ammunition for it's 105mm main gun) M60A3 in the hands of the VFW. With it's ranks recently swelled by volunteers from Orlando, the JMC immediately established a post in Panasoffkee, recruited 73 locals (most of whom were already battle and survival-hardened), and set about converting the M60 to burn alcohol. By late 2001, the tank was fully functional, with an additional .50 cal mounted in front of the loader's hatch, and 30 rounds of solid-shot 105mm ammunition manufactured in Orlando.

The JMC would prefer the Panasoffkee residents relocate to Orlando but this idea has met some resistance; it is feared that some NA sympathizers might have a cell in Panasoffkee, as evidenced by propaganda published by NA forces in Florida.

At least two other M60s are on display in Florida, one in Okeechobee (too far south and in an unknown condition), and a second in St. Augustine at VFW #2391. However, this tank is non-operational.

Last edited by raketenjagdpanzer; 05-13-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:01 PM
Banned

Super cool post!! Love it!
Old 05-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Ephemera of the Big Ka-Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketenjagdpanzer View Post
SNIP~~~~~~~~~~~~

The real coup, however, was the recovery of an M60A3 tank that had been placed on display in 1990 in front of a VFW in northwest Central Florida. Although technically a "display" piece, the members of the VFW, with permission from the US Government, kept the vehicle in running condition - key elements like the starter and distributor were kept under lock and key in the VFW to prevent theft.

In May of 2001, the a representative from the VFW made the dangerous trek 150+ miles south from Panasoffkee, Florida, to formally request assistance from the 1st JMC to help with constant raids and harassment by NA forces, and offered use of "their tank". The 1st JMC was surprised to find an operational (in terms of running gear; the tank was without ammunition for it's 105mm main gun) M60A3 in the hands of the VFW. With it's ranks recently swelled by volunteers from Orlando, the JMC immediately established a post in Panasoffkee, recruited 73 locals (most of whom were already battle and survival-hardened), and set about converting the M60 to burn alcohol. By late 2001, the tank was fully functional, with an additional .50 cal mounted in front of the loader's hatch, and 30 rounds of solid-shot 105mm ammunition manufactured in Orlando.
Maybe they'll name it "Kosciusko, We Are Here!" in honor of the recently-returned military personnel's service in Poland.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallShadow View Post
Maybe they'll name it "Kosciusko, We Are Here!" in honor of the recently-returned military personnel's service in Poland.
I think the name might fly over the heads of the locals, but what the hell: that's what it's officially called now in my ever expanding Florida game!
Old 11-27-2016, 12:14 AM

I've always heard that town referred to as Lake Panasoffkee (I grew up around Orlando).

There's a good listing of AFVs as of 2011 located here. Looking specifically at Florida, the "Future World War II Museum" in Titusville had its collection in Ohio until 2008, so those vehicles should all be ignored. However, the person listed there, C. Reed Knight, is the owner of Knight's Armaments Company in Titusville, which would be a tremendous asset to any faction. I'd be tempted to go for the Dusters in Daytona, DeLand, Gainesville, Starke, and Green Cove Springs (the last two are both near Jacksonville). Against raiders and NA forces without significant armor, the twin 40mm are plenty, and having five of them gives you commonality, so you're not making parts and ammo for a bunch of different vehicle types.

One thing that should help logistically with salvage is that Orlando is the headquarters of the 143rd Transportation Command, so even with the war, there should be prime movers available.
Old 11-27-2016, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallShadow View Post
Fun fact: Mount Kosciuszko is the highest mountain in mainland Australia. I believe it's named after the same guy you're talking about.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark View Post
I've always heard that town referred to as Lake Panasoffkee (I grew up around Orlando).

There's a good listing of AFVs as of 2011 located here. Looking specifically at Florida, the "Future World War II Museum" in Titusville had its collection in Ohio until 2008, so those vehicles should all be ignored. However, the person listed there, C. Reed Knight, is the owner of Knight's Armaments Company in Titusville, which would be a tremendous asset to any faction. I'd be tempted to go for the Dusters in Daytona, DeLand, Gainesville, Starke, and Green Cove Springs (the last two are both near Jacksonville). Against raiders and NA forces without significant armor, the twin 40mm are plenty, and having five of them gives you commonality, so you're not making parts and ammo for a bunch of different vehicle types.

One thing that should help logistically with salvage is that Orlando is the headquarters of the 143rd Transportation Command, so even with the war, there should be prime movers available.
Yah; when I first started writing about FL in T2k I covered some of that (I see you found the earlier post.)
Old 11-29-2016, 07:38 AM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark View Post

A few points

I don't see a lot of useable vehicles in the guide. I see a lot of outdoor displays which are not going to be of much use as they usually in non working or driving condition, with most moving parts removed or welded. In most cases you need a flatbed and recovery vehicle, with a crew just to move the vehicle.
The you will need additional people get this vehicle back into working order. This would also require a fairly extensive machine shop.

If your lucky enough to find a vehicle in working condition, you still have go out to it, with fuel ( and a repair team(Cause it might not start or its been sitting to long)

Also

Only the 143rd Transportation Command's Headquarters and Headquarters Company is based is Tampa, so limited transport if any left. There are two other units near by,

332nd Transportation Battalion, which conducts Ocean Terminal Operations(I really don't see this not being deployed)

257th Transportation Battalion(Gainesville) Headquarters and Headquarters Det.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:23 PM

The obvious use for the vehicles would then be gun trucks
Old 11-29-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaf_777 View Post
A few points

I don't see a lot of useable vehicles in the guide. I see a lot of outdoor displays which are not going to be of much use as they usually in non working or driving condition, with most moving parts removed or welded. In most cases you need a flatbed and recovery vehicle, with a crew just to move the vehicle.
The you will need additional people get this vehicle back into working order. This would also require a fairly extensive machine shop.

If your lucky enough to find a vehicle in working condition, you still have go out to it, with fuel ( and a repair team(Cause it might not start or its been sitting to long)

Also

Only the 143rd Transportation Command's Headquarters and Headquarters Company is based is Tampa, so limited transport if any left. There are two other units near by,

332nd Transportation Battalion, which conducts Ocean Terminal Operations(I really don't see this not being deployed)

257th Transportation Battalion(Gainesville) Headquarters and Headquarters Det.
Orlando for the HQ, not Tampa (I would guess that was a typo, but want to be clear). They'd also pick up any remnants of the 993rd Transportation Company (Palatka) and possibly the 623rd Transportation Company (West Palm Beach), which both report up to the 143rd.