RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 07-16-2020, 08:53 PM
Spartan-117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
Actually no that’s the Marc Miller who owns the T2K V1 and V2.2 timelines and who has officially stated that the Kenya Sourcebook is canon. The reason it’s V2.2 and not V1 is that he told me he had no interest in releasing new V1 official canon material and he wanted it written specifically for V2.2. Since he owns those two timelines he is the arbiter if what is canon and what isn’t and he accepted the East Africa Sourcebook as canon. Personally I wish he would also accept what Raellus wrote for Korea and Europe as well as canon. They are as good as anything released originally. And I didn’t give him squat to get it to be canon. He looked at it, told me it would be canon and it was released. And I would appreciate you going somewhere else with BS suggesting I paid to get the material declared canon.

Sorry Spartan but that is a little past the pale - especially considering your friend is most likely the person who told me that trying to get anything published for the game was a fools errand. Luckily I didn’t take that advice
Pretty sure that's the same Marc Miller. Is there another Marc Miller who ran the Traveller 5 kickstarter a few years back?

Also, I never said, you gave him $800 to be in the Galaxiad (along with T5, which in fairness, did happen)... I said I was asking for a...friend. INTERNET TIP OF THE DAY: Often times when someone posts that on the Internet, they are asking a question about themselves, but they would like for attribution to be to a third party.

Unless we've suddenly grown closer than I might realize, again, I wasn't actually talking about you.

Really though, if you were a friend, I'd probably want to talk about the narcissism of bringing everything back to yourself. And then I'd want to have a discussion about how bringing up your module and the word cannon in many, many of your posts, really seems like another manifestation of that narcissism.

But that's if we were friends.

Last edited by Spartan-117; 07-16-2020 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-16-2020, 11:23 PM
Banned

Spartan - go somewhere else with your crap. What you are doing along with your new thread you posted is in total violation of the guidelines here. Its very obvious what you are doing and enough is enough.

Keep It Civil

We can all agree to disagree but let's make sure to do so respectfully. No name-calling, sarcasm, or other childishness is appropriate or welcome here. If you are upset with someone and want them to know about it, send them a PM and try to work it out privately. If another member is really getting on your nerves, you can use the forum tools to place that person on your ignore list. We don't tolerate flame wars here.

Please don't attempt to incite internecine forum conflict with deliberately provocative and/or inflamatory posts. In interweb parlance, please don't be a troll.

Keep It Constructive

Folks post a lot of original T2K material here, most of it of the highest quality. Many contributors invite and welcome constructive criticism. If, however, they do not solicit feedback, then it's poor form to pipe in give it anyway. And please, don't post just to tear down the hard work of others. If you really don't like something that someone else has posted, and can't express this respectfully and with the intention of creating a constructive dialogue with the poster, then you should probably just keep it to yourself.

Last edited by Olefin; 07-16-2020 at 11:36 PM.
Old 07-17-2020, 03:26 AM
Spartan-117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
Spartan - go somewhere else with your crap. What you are doing along with your new thread you posted is in total violation of the guidelines here. Its very obvious what you are doing and enough is enough.

Keep It Civil

We can all agree to disagree but let's make sure to do so respectfully. No name-calling, sarcasm, or other childishness is appropriate or welcome here. If you are upset with someone and want them to know about it, send them a PM and try to work it out privately. If another member is really getting on your nerves, you can use the forum tools to place that person on your ignore list. We don't tolerate flame wars here.

Please don't attempt to incite internecine forum conflict with deliberately provocative and/or inflamatory posts. In interweb parlance, please don't be a troll.

Keep It Constructive

Folks post a lot of original T2K material here, most of it of the highest quality. Many contributors invite and welcome constructive criticism. If, however, they do not solicit feedback, then it's poor form to pipe in give it anyway. And please, don't post just to tear down the hard work of others. If you really don't like something that someone else has posted, and can't express this respectfully and with the intention of creating a constructive dialogue with the poster, then you should probably just keep it to yourself.
I'm quite surprised to find you are upset Olefin. I believe it was Olefin who said:

"And if people dont like what I post - then they are free to read something else..."

You are of course, free to read something else, which of course you know, because you've told others that. That's your advice when others don't care for what you've posted.
Old 07-17-2020, 12:19 PM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Default The U.S. Navy in the World (1991-2000): Context for U.S. Navy Capstone Strategies and

Some good Info

The U.S. Navy in the World (1991-2000): Context for U.S. Navy Capstone Strategies and Concepts by Peter M. Swartz with Karin Duggan

https://www.cna.org/cna_files/pdf/D0026416.A2.pdf
Old 09-10-2020, 03:44 PM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Default Aircraft Carrier Bio Force Field - Countermeasure Washdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28o8...AYCfKg&index=4

This footage shows the USS George Washington aircraft carrier in a strange cloud that appears almost like a force field. The ship, however, is actually undergoing testing of its "aqueous film-forming fire suppression system."
Old 09-10-2020, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaf_777 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28o8...AYCfKg&index=4

This footage shows the USS George Washington aircraft carrier in a strange cloud that appears almost like a force field. The ship, however, is actually undergoing testing of its "aqueous film-forming fire suppression system."
So they're protected by their AFFFSS? Got it.
Old 09-10-2020, 10:24 PM

The PFAS in the AFFF is unpleasant stuff. It takes a fairly high exposure to have any significant odds of long-term health effects, but it has a serum half-life of 4-5 years, so cumulative intake can get high. It's been linked to elevated cholesterol, ulcerative colitis, hypothyroidism, testicular cancer, kidney cancer, and pregnancy-induced hypertension. It's better than burning, but it's not ideal.

The Vespers War - Ninety years before the Twilight War, there was the Vespers War.
Old 09-13-2020, 11:28 AM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespers War View Post
The PFAS in the AFFF is unpleasant stuff. It takes a fairly high exposure to have any significant odds of long-term health effects, but it has a serum half-life of 4-5 years, so cumulative intake can get high. It's been linked to elevated cholesterol, ulcerative colitis, hypothyroidism, testicular cancer, kidney cancer, and pregnancy-induced hypertension. It's better than burning, but it's not ideal.
Yeah look in the video the crew is full PPE and talk how if would used to decon the ship as well as fighting fires. This is just infor for person who dont know ship borne systems
Old 09-18-2020, 05:27 PM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Default Sinking a destroyer

Operation Trident Fury: Canadian and United States Navy forces converge for live fire exercise to sink the HMCS Huron.

https://parallaxfilm.com/episode/sinking-a-destroyer/
http://www.canadaka.net/Video/707-ex...n-sinking.html

Info on HMCS Huron

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMCS_Huron_(DDG_281)

Despite being damaged by HMCS Regina with a Sea Sparrow surface-to-air missile, 57 mm gunfire and CIWS rounds, it was 76 mm naval gunfire from its twin Algonquin that was responsible for sinking the hulk of Huron.

Tags
united states, us navy