RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2010, 12:02 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Update dec-2005

Antenna 12-16-2005, 06:03 PM update for whole of december ..... www.ludd.ltu.se/users/antenna/

Antenna

thefusilier 12-18-2005, 01:05 AM Thanks for the update. I've been checking into you site for a long time now. I especially liked the Swedish Sourcebook.

Antenna 12-18-2005, 02:28 AM That where all started with my pages.

And if it wouldn't been this forum I hadn't been doing anything contribution to the T2k world.

Antenna

DeaconR 12-18-2005, 03:43 AM Your site improves constantly, well done and thanks for posting about this. In particular thanks for going to the trouble with all the particulars of vehicle information. When I ran the "Boomer" adventure from another angle I was glad to have your site as a source of information about Sweden.

thefusilier 12-18-2005, 09:52 AM Antenna you might want to check this out about the Muskoe underground naval base. I am not sure if you know much about it but it probably pertains to your Swedish stuff quite a bit (as well as anyone else interested).

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65025

TiggerCCW UK 12-18-2005, 11:46 AM What do you think would have happened to this base in T2K?

thefusilier 12-18-2005, 10:21 PM Yeah, Antenna what do you think would have happened?

Antenna's site has some fighting between the two and I would like to know how protected it is from a nuclear attack as I believe it is intended for.

If it didn't get nuked (or it was unsuccessful) I figure it probably would be raided by Naval Infantry, Airborne and/or Spetznaz.

For my timeline, I normally don't have Sweden involved in any fighting with the USSR and no nuke attacks, so this base would still be operational.

Antenna 12-18-2005, 11:42 PM Well, the Muskoe base was intended for larger repairs during war of the ships. The rumours about muskoe is many and I won't go into these rumours more then the drydocks can host any swedish ship from 1940 and forward. Now due to military development Sweden has concentrated on smaller vessels and the only large ship we got is the HMS Stockholm. Muskoe would lies protected within the old naval artilleri system of stockholm and also a whole Swedish Marinbrigade would be stationed around the ilands of stockholm and muskoe. So takeing the muskoe base would be a very interresting scenario for the russians to take onto.

Then it comes to war in the T2k sense. For russia to only take Norway (that is T2k canon) would upset the swedes really becouse even if it aint told so the swedish armed forces trained for a invcader from the east (who that would be you can figure) So really the whole border to norway is more or less unprotected. If norway had was about to fall the whole backdoor into sweden would be open. So really if Russia start war which is stated in T2k books. I think Sweden would be invaded to, just becouse that norway is like chile a "thin" landstrip and cutting south from north would be really easy that day sweden goes NATO and helps Norway with the invaders.

Nukes in sweden ?

That is allways a tricky question to answer... Well, I think muskoe and Karlskrona would be nuked and also some airforcebases. But that only if USSR would try to invade.

The Armed forces.

Well, sad to say I have beefed up the Swedish forces maybe with 10 to 20% of what would be T2k world. Even then the swedish armed forces is a conscript army/airforce/navy. And therefore it lacks experience. Yes it may have trained for war during decades. But there are some frightning facts about the swedish army that I don't get deeper into with this post maybe when I get home. The one fact I can say is that Swedens armed forces until maybe 86/87/88 was mainly build up by foot infantry that would protect a certain area. These was the brigades that would fight the war. stationary weakly armed you name it. Before Sweden bought the Leopard 2 tank and some other gear from germany Sweden tested some T-72's against live fire from the S-tank. IIRC so wouldd the russian modern T-72 would survive teh S-tanks 105mm gun, but the fact is that the ammo that was used to fire on the T-72 was from round 70's (stored) and not modern 105mm rounds.

Well, I think I must rush now

Antenna

thefusilier 12-19-2005, 03:21 AM Hmm, that is some interesting points. Its good to know what forces are around the base. I'd like to hear more about Sweden potential if involved in a war with the USSR, if you find some time. Your site is good for that, but more is always great

Also you mentioned some rumours about the base... while false, they might be interesting and useful for a rumours table about a naval base... maybe you can post some?

Antenna 12-20-2005, 10:12 PM Well, the rumours I got about Muskoe is those silly ones that airforce officers got their cap front side back. Explanation to this rumour is that the airforce cap has a propeller and two wings in the front so while officers beeing at a naval installation they liked to "honor" the naval counterpart by just flip their cap so the prop would point backwards .... like in a vessel

Then IIRC the docks in Muskoe can take anything except battleships and carriers. Which Sweden has none of ...

The underground network says be over 40 km long roads.

So there be more stuff down there then just beeing a naval installation according to me ?

Then there is One of Europas 20th century fort just outside where I live, all decommisioned and some turned to museum nowdays. But when we talk T2k this fort would still be semiactive. The Forts of Boden I know lot more then muskoe

Antenna

thefusilier 12-21-2005, 04:09 AM Ahh, quite interesting. 40km... yeah I think there must be more purpose than ship repair. Thanks