RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon500ly View Post
And I yearn for the good old days when the coffee was strong if the spoon stood upright...but alas! The march of time is catching up with the old man. Next up is puffed oatmeal flavored air for breakfast, that funny orange-tasting stuff to keep one regular and the sheer joy (NOT) of that ole prostate exam.

This 'ell getting old!!!!

All well, I content myself in the knowledge that I may not be the fastest, anymore, but I have the wisdom and treachery to keep the young'ins in line!!!!

No offense, Dragoon, but I think I am older than you. ( Born 1953)

So yes, wisdom and treachery are great tools....just don't piss off the young guy who will out draw you...

So, shoot first....

My $0.02

Mike
Old 02-08-2013, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo80 View Post

So yes, wisdom and treachery are great tools....just don't piss off the young guy who will out draw you...

So, shoot first....

My $0.02

Mike
1959 here! And I never worry about the young'ins beating me to the draw; a knife in the back is so much more reliable!!!

Old 02-08-2013, 06:35 AM

Perhaps the major impact on the Army in Vietnam was the one year (13 months for the Marines!). As soon as that 11-B begins to become an effective jungle-fighter, BAM! He's back in the states. There are numerous stories of as much as HALF (and there are accounts of at least 2 companies losing 2/3 of their men?!?!) of a rifle company rotating home at the same time.

So while the NVA/VC stayed in the field for years, the GIs were often kids straight out of Basic.

And to add insult to injury, MACV/DOD adopted the policy of assigning a officer to 6 months in a combat position and then 6 months in a staff position. The official reason was to allow as many officers as possible to get combat experience...

There are numerous words that can discribe the impact of these two policies...most of them are four letter and insult the intelligence of the high ranking officers and civilian leadership!
Old 06-21-2017, 12:24 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo80 View Post

Mike
Jesus Christ, and I thought I was old (born 1962)...you're older than my big sister (born 1959).

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com