RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 10-08-2008, 01:21 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default My Project

I am currently building a project with the US divided into 9 primary regions (Alaska and Hawaii make up a minor 10th region)

I am shooting for 65,000-90,000 total staff with ~2,500 per year being recruited over a 30 year period.

Going with Project Phoenix canon I have Government and Military involvement before the project starts which can allow for these types of numbers. However most of the funding comes from the Billionaire Industrialists who have used information from the future to both chose investments and advance technology faster that it would have normally developed.

Each of my regions will have 5 "Battalions" consisting of 4 recon/mars and 4 reconstruction/support companies. The companies will have from about 125 men apiece. This gives the battalion 1000 men and a region 5000, not including base support.

Over the next few weeks I will post my Battalion -> Company -> Squad -> Team Breakdowns.

I will have approximately 30 different teams and the project normally kept bolt holes smaller than 20 men.

My team bolthole and cache contents.

My thoughts on public caches.

Some ideas for communications.

Some Fuel production stuff, as I don't use vehicle sized fusion plants.

Hopefully filling this board will motivate me to finish off some of these things I have been working on for years.

Last edited by kato13; 10-13-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:34 AM

Default Sounds like fun...

But I am much more into the Roleplaying aspect of it.
I like to keep things fast and loose to run a campaign, personally, with some set things, but I change things right up until the characters contact it.

Remember, the idea behind the game MP was not how well everything was organized, but that you were stranded with little or no support, and had to survive and complete your mission anyway.

Having all the logisitics and such worked out is almost detrimental to the idea of the game in my opinion. Make them solve issues based on their wits, not their superior firepower!

---------------------------------------------

One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.

- L. Carrol
Old 10-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Administrator

I don't emphasize firepower I emphasize survival and reconstruction. Virtually anyone they are expected to shoot at will be Americans so I would hope they would not have a shoot first and and questions later attitude. I should say though I do give them significant firepower to protect themselves.

I just never saw how a project in good conscience could pluck some one out of their life and leave them alone in the wilderness, so poorly supplied. If a bolt hole failed in the first 30 days, that team was screwed.

My groups have always played semi-strategic games (even when we played DnD). For example our characters needed to keep silver flowing form a mine near Orc territory. The details of the silver transportation might be boring but in our games it established a realism as a missed shipment meant a kingdom suffered in its entirety.

My morrow games will be similar. I don't want players to totally focus on the equipment but I want them to feel like they are part of a realistic project that just went haywire for some reason. I like giving them multiple tools and really hard problems, to see what they come up with.

edit: Minor edits.

Last edited by kato13; 10-13-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:48 AM

Default Well done

Well Done Kato!

How about wake up period and support?

I like your idea of making them produce their own fuel.

How about Hydrogen Fuel cels, those are a reality?
Portable solar/hydro/wind units?

One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.

- L. Carrol
Old 10-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Administrator

In phoenix project the wakeup is screwed because they used time displacement equipment, but had never tested it underground for a long period of time. A type of inertia built up. Even after the equipment was turned off, the time field did not collapse. The inertia seemed to be related to the amount of mass contained within the time field. This meant in general the smaller units were activated first and at pretty much random intervals.

Prime is there, just out of phase, and therefore out of contact until their massive inertia (due to the huge size of the base) is gone.

Oh I thought about using fusion to crack hydrogen. I might make that an option. I like the biodiesel option however as I expect the project would want to recover real world heavy/military vehicles in the 5 year plan. I am also looking at coal to fuel technology like the US Air force is doing.

Last edited by kato13; 10-12-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:51 AM

Default I think

I think I need a copy of project phoenix...

- L. Carrol
Old 10-13-2008, 01:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonsaber
I think I need a copy of project phoenix...
Register at http://games.juhlin.com It is in my files section.

Sorry for the separate registrations my launch was early due to our old forum closing.

Last edited by kato13; 10-13-2008 at 03:32 AM.