RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 09-10-2008, 03:57 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default 111th Brigade Update

Webstral 07-29-2008, 02:39 AM Someone asked what progress I had made on "Thunder Empire" lately. The answer is not much. I'm supposed to be doing my lesson planning. However, I have been making a little bit of progress. Here is my latest variant of a "Howling Wilderness" style of unit history:

111th Infantry Brigade

A prewar regular Army brigade stationed at Fort Huachuca, Arizona, the 111th Military Intelligence Brigade served as a chain-of-command parent organization for a variety of units assigned to the Military Intelligence School and Center for training and activation. Following the nuclear strikes on CONUS in late 1997, the brigade was reorganized as a light infantry brigade and dispersed throughout the southeastern part of Arizona on a variety of internal security and disaster relief missions. After the start of hostilities with Mexico, the brigade became involved in combat with elements of the Mexican Army across southern Arizona. The 111th was successful in defending its cantonment areas in Cochise, Pima, and Santa Cruz Counties, although with heavy losses in personnel and at the cost of abandoning Yuma and all points north of Tucson.

The disintegration of the Phoenix metroplex into complete chaos and the occupation of southern California and southern New Mexico effectively isolated the Huachuca-Tucson cantonment area. The 111th Brigade consolidated command of all remaining USAF personnel at Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson, as well as all remaining AZ ARNG, AZ ANG, and AZSTAG (Arizona State Guard) units within the Huachuca-Tucson cantonment. Throughout the winter of 1998-1999 the 111th refused all orders to move, support either 6th US Army or 5th US Army, or transfer any personnel or equipment to other MilGov formations. In 1999, the 111th Brigade, now operating independently of MilGov command, repulsed a concerted effort by the Mexican Army to capture the southeastern Arizona cantonment. In 2000, the brigade smashed a huge motorized marauder army on the road between Phoenix and Tucson.

As of April 2001, the 111th Infantry Brigade maintains firm control over the three southeastern Arizona counties. Unlike most US Army formations, the 111th Infantry Brigade has been growing in size and quality since 1998. A negotiated truce and joint anti-marauder operations with Mexican Army units on the other side of the border have neutralized the threat from that direction. The brigade is building its power-projection capability in anticipation of efforts to reclaim Phoenix, Yuma, or even the Imperial Valley. Despite his break with MilGov in 1998, the Huachuca commander considers himself a US soldier; how this view will play out is an open question.

Subordination: Fort Huachuca (None)

Manpower: 5500

Tanks: 5 Stingray, 32 other AFV

Webstral

Tags
webstral