RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive

Old 01-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Moving

Ed the Coastie 03-24-2004, 02:13 AM Just when I was getting ready for a new T2K game, I (finally) got a new job ... that has me moving about 100 miles up the coast and away from my gaming group.

So, if there are any T2K gamers near Newport, Oregon let me know. I need a new crowd.

Grimace 03-24-2004, 10:49 AM You just need to keep scootin' on up the coast a thousand miles or so. Then you'll be up here where you can get into a group that plays...mine!

Ed the Coastie 03-24-2004, 11:52 AM Yeah, but it makes it hard to visit my wife and daughter on the weekends. (They are staying here while the munchkin finishes out the school year.)

Chuck Mandus 03-28-2004, 09:18 PM Hi Ed, I got a new job myself, working in a mortgage/real estate company in the title search section. Started off data entry but got promoted two departments higher into "Reject Curative" where if there is something wrong with the title/property search, I have to fix it before it goes to the client. I've been busy myself those 55/60 hour weeks are killers.

Glad to hear you got a new job too, hopefully we can all chew the fat online like we used to.

Chuck

pmulcahy 03-28-2004, 11:17 PM OK, so in honor of Chuck's new job, I need to come up with a new career track for T2K: Title Searcher.

Ed the Coastie 03-29-2004, 01:42 AM The amusing thing about my new job is that it is the civilian equivalent to what I was doing for a while during my early military days -- about 70% administrative and 25% technical.

It's that remaining 5% that should prove to be amusing -- the employer calls that portion "other" because it includes those tasks that do not fit into the other two categories. Although what exactly constitutes "other" when you are dealing with marine electronics is currently baffling me.

Sgt Biggles 03-29-2004, 01:58 PM Heya Ed,

If you watch the RPGA calendar you will see games starting up in Salem which are hosted by the Blacksheep Gaming Herd. They should be up sometime this month. I know its a bit far but you are welcome to join us.

Chuck Mandus 04-04-2004, 08:42 PM Originally posted by pmulcahy

OK, so in honor of Chuck's new job, I need to come up with a new career track for T2K: Title Searcher.

Hmmm, I wonder if in the Twilight world after some things get settled out, you might have to do property and title searches to see who belonged to what property and so on. I know it might be low on the priority list but I guess down the road after things settle down to some form of "normalcy" well at least what can pass for it, you might need to know who owned what.

Actually the purpose of title searches is to issue title insurance where I work at. Title insurance basically protects the owner, or bank of mortgaged, where if someone has claims to the land, the owner/bank is compensated for it. Such situations can happen in sticky court cases where if due to a technicality, you have toyr land but someone else might be about to claim at from the past and you could be SOL, the insurance is a protection against it. I'm sure cases after the Twilight War would be flying left and right.

Chuck

pmulcahy 04-04-2004, 08:52 PM My guess is that things like property rights that are NOT backed up by firepower are a good 30-40 years down the road after the Twilight War.

Sgt Biggles 04-04-2004, 10:43 PM Originally posted by Chuck Mandus

Hmmm, I wonder if in the Twilight world after some things get settled out, you might have to do property and title searches to see who belonged to what property and so on........

...........you have toyr land but someone else might be about to claim at from the past and you could be SOL, the insurance is a protection against it. I'm sure cases after the Twilight War would be flying left and right.

Chuck

It's an interesting thought. Though with the amount of land/property destroyed and the number of deaths which occurred combined with the electronic data lost with the loss of computers, it might be very hard. Possession becomes 9/10th of the law. The worlds death toll is over 50% by the time recovery starts. Some estimates (from GDW time) put total deaths at 70% of the world population.

A soldier left stranded in Poland who finally manages to return to the states and get back to his home town Lincoln, NE finds his house had been burned to the ground along with the majority of his block. The land has been cleared and turned to farm land and there is no sign of his family. The bank that held the title is abandoned and all the hard copy records gone. The same is true of the city hall. What does he do??

Thoughts?