RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 01-20-2018, 10:49 AM
Excellent Guy to Know

Default Known MP locations

I'm putting together my MP campaign. It will be set in LA (Lower Alabama) and will center on a Recon team. It will have a 89 end of the world, as god intended. I'll bring them back about 150 years later, and I'm trying to put together a map of the MP bases and teams that Timeline has given us. I have to admit, I'll be thieving a bit from some of you for other places to fill it out, but mostly this is to make sure I don't drop a regional supply base on top of an existing agricultural base (like the one in fall back). I want to be able to use the modules later if it seems a fit. My players have run the pathfinder games we've played with a very "go see it all" mentality, so I'm trying to prep early. Is there a list somewhere?
Old 01-20-2018, 07:43 PM

Let's see:
  • R-001: Liberation at Riverton: all caches near the bolt hole.
  • R-002: Damocles: all caches near the bolt hole in Upper Michigan
  • R-003: Operation Lucifer: bolt hole in Wisconsin; caches in WI, MI, IL, and MN.
  • R-004: Ruins of Chicago: bolt hole at Chicago; caches all are in and near Chicago.
  • R-005: The Starnaman Incident: bolt hole near Starnaman, in western Kentucky; one cache at Starnaman. MARS team bolthole also nearby, along with Delta Base (the robo-supply-depot).
  • R-006: Operation Lonestar: bolthole 200 miles (not kilometers) off the TX coast; caches all in Texas, at Freeport, Lake Jackson, Bay City, Wharton, Pasadena, Liberty.
  • R-007: Desert Search: bolthole in Nevada; six caches -- 3 in Nevada, 2 in Arizona, 1 in Utah. Also the "Power Station" in the Nevada desert.
  • R-008: Prime Base: near the Black Rock Desert, in Nevada.
  • R-009: Bullets and Bluegrass: bolthole in Kentucky; 6 caches along "tributaries of the Ohio River", but presumably all within 20 kilometers of the bolthole.
  • R-010: Final Watch: a bunch of teams, two bases, and at least six caches, all in Washington state between Tacoma and Everett.
  • R-011: Fall Back: MARS team bolthole in Virginia; other teams are named, but not located more than generally "southwestern Virginia". 6 caches: 2 in NC, 2 in VA, 1 in TN, 1 in WV. Ag team bolthole in southwest VA, attached to Ag base, six caches: 4 in VA, 2 in NC.

I haven't looked over more than the intro sections of those scenarios.

Good luck!

--
Michael B.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:42 AM
Excellent Guy to Know

Excellent. Exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you very much. Were there any considered canon from magazine articles?
Old 01-21-2018, 07:07 AM
Excellent Guy to Know

In addition, the 4th ed rulebook talks about MP facilities in Oregon, New Mexico, Virginia and Cadalliac Gage in Michigan. Any place else anyone might have input on?
Old 03-28-2018, 08:21 PM

In the final edition of the Cadillac-Gage company employee newsletter (1994, during the merger of Cadillac-Gage with Textron), they list some locations:
  • Warren, MI ... apparently the main vehicle manufacturing location prior to 1976; has the HQ, engineering design, marketing, suspension development, R&D centers
  • Costa Mesa, CA .... mainly flight controls for missiles and aircraft; converted to Ex-Cell-O and closed in the early 1970s. I believe the Stoner weapons were built in the same plant (under whatever ownership).
  • a plant in Germany used for modernizing M47 tanks
  • Port Clinton, OH ... Ordnance Test Center, for a while in the 1970s
  • Greenville, OH ... manufacturing controls until about 1981
  • Cocoa, FL ... Combat Vehicle Plant, opened 1976, doubled in size in 1982

--
Michael B.