RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 01-06-2021, 07:12 PM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Default Force Multipliers

so we talked about how many people the project needs to complete the project

well what Force Multipliers what do you see the project having?

UAV?
UUV?
Robots?
UGV?
New Tech?
powered exoskeleton?

Thoughts
Old 01-07-2021, 07:40 AM

One of the biggest multipliers for the Project is knowledge both what's in the team's heads and any media (books, ROMs, etc.) they have to work from.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:21 PM

I think it would be MP/Team knowledge and some newer tech. The MP library should be the most valuable tool there is. But a bit of newer higher tech is also a boost.
Old 01-08-2021, 06:02 PM

I would second the concept of the knowledge the MP has is a good force multiplier. But I think you are using the term in the military science way. In that regard, exoskeletons are a given. The HAAM suit is canon. I think there would also be UAV. They can have multiple roles that include mapping, surveillance, NBC detection and monitoring, ad hoc radio networks, and others. I can make a limited case for UGV, especially for exploring bomb sites. UUVs are of very limited utility. That's my opinion anyway.
Old 01-12-2021, 03:58 PM

The M-61....... Miniguns... Just have to go there..
Old 01-13-2021, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin798 View Post
I would second the concept of the knowledge the MP has is a good force multiplier. But I think you are using the term in the military science way. In that regard, exoskeletons are a given. The HAAM suit is canon. I think there would also be UAV. They can have multiple roles that include mapping, surveillance, NBC detection and monitoring, ad hoc radio networks, and others. I can make a limited case for UGV, especially for exploring bomb sites. UUVs are of very limited utility. That's my opinion anyway.
Agriculture is another UAV role that's often overlooked. Take DJI's AGRAS which can be used for mapping, crop seeding and inspection, and applying fertilizer/insecticides/weed controller.
https://www.dji.com/t20
Old 01-24-2021, 08:30 PM

Meteorology

If the Project can predict the weather, this would be invaluable. And it wouldn't be very difficult to equip teams with sensors.

Weather forecasts can help farmers, fishermen and also assist if MARS are conducting combat operations.

Night Vision

Very few groups will have the technology for operating at night. This should give a major advantage to the Morrow Project
Old 01-24-2021, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt W View Post
Meteorology

If the Project can predict the weather, this would be invaluable. And it wouldn't be very difficult to equip teams with sensors.

Weather forecasts can help farmers, fishermen and also assist if MARS are conducting combat operations.

Night Vision

Very few groups will have the technology for operating at night. This should give a major advantage to the Morrow Project

I remember in the gulf, we ruled the night with thermal and night vision. It was pretty amazing how far you could see in the desert on a partial moon and a good set of NODS. I am bat man.. I rule the night!!
On an updated timeline, Gen3 or Gen4 night vision would be just a serious advantage, even a vehicle with thermal vision on a weapon would be a game changer.
Old 01-26-2021, 01:01 PM

The first and most obvious force multiplier for the Project is portable fusion power. Their vehicles have effectively unlimited endurance and they can power entire communities. They're obviously durable enough to be operational after 150 years without maintenance. Setting those aside...

Accurate Time Keeping
With accurate clocks and watches Project personnel can conduct all sorts of distributed synchronous operations. They also have the key to long distance navigation and mapping. Being able to attack an enemy formation on multiple fronts simultaneously is a huge advantage. Even if the enemy has perfect communications they can be convinced the attacking force is several times its real size.

Night Vision
Combined with accurate time keeping this can be a devastating combination. Attacking an enemy in the middle of the night from multiple directions can easily turn into a rout. It's also demoralizing to know there's no safe time of day. This is even more true in an environment where the enemy force doesn't have spot lights or even flashlights for night vision. It also lets you readily travel at night making a small force incredibly hard to track down.

Radios
Having long lines of communication is huge multiplier but near instant long lines is even better. Project personnel can coordinate instantly over long distances with no pre-existing infrastructure. They have an advantage in everything from military operations to trade. Just knowing how radio works is important. Project personnel could build simple radios for friendly settlements (booby trapped against tampering) to communicate with each other and concealed Project forces.

Good Optics
Telescopes, binoculars, and the like increase the intelligence gathering range of Project forces. While survivors might have scratch built or recovered optics, the Project is likely to have way better versions. Even just good optics on rifles can make for more accurate direct fire than iron sights. If a MARS team can have accurate fire at twice the range of an approaching enemy they're at a huge advantage. I'd also count aiming lasers in here. Non-combat teams in close quarters can have more accurate fire than their specialties would suggest.