RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 02-13-2009, 08:29 AM

Default American Resistance Groups in Europe?

Ok the situation is awful but what would American in Europe do (Civilian) in your opinion?

Per Cannon the Corpus Christy was sent on recovery missions but do you think that it is possible that American civilian residing in the most preserved areas would act in a similar manner?

As an exemple, during WWII one of my wife's friend (American) was living in the south of France. She was an active member of an american resistance group that was operating from Marseille in 1940 and 1941 (acutally, until her death she was registered in the french police files as a prostitute and took great pride in this ). They were helping jewish scientists, engineers, artists... providing them with ways to reach the USA.

Do you think that similar organization could come to life in T2K? Americans of course but other nationalities as well. I agree that the situation of T2K is hell but hell tend to bring forth the most from people (the worse but also the best and the unexpected).
Old 02-13-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoender
Ok the situation is awful but what would American in Europe do (Civilian) in your opinion?

Do you think that similar organization could come to life in T2K? Americans of course but other nationalities as well. I agree that the situation of T2K is hell but hell tend to bring forth the most from people (the worse but also the best and the unexpected).
In 80-83 I was in Germany as a civilian 'dependant' (detested the word, telling persons my frau was my sponsor, I was NOT dependent on her LOL). I worked for the Army along with several other 'husbands', most of us which were vets. We on occassion talked about the 'what if'. It was SOP for 'dependants' etal to be evacuated under NEO (noncombatant evacuation orders) if the baloon went up. Held annual drills to this effect, cars required by regulation to be at half tank or more, food and supplies for a week for each household member, no firearms (WHAT!!!!! Yeah right, I leave my weapons behind right?). During this discussion, more than a few of us said we'd fare better 'underground' than trying to run. We had 'contingencies' for the 'what if' which tankfully never came.

I could see many Americans, British, and others doing this. (this warehouse I worked in had 23 nationalities working there! I called it the little UN) How long we could do so.. only time would tell. I think most of us probably would have linked up with a military unit, a fact the first sergeant of my wife's unit menitoned over coffee one day... strange, cuz I never brought the subject up with him... I think his idea was for an on the spot reenlistment or something, but the discussion never went further as the Captain walked in. Her company was an MP company tasked with security, therefore a light infantry company without heavy weapons for the most part.

Grae
Old 02-13-2009, 12:14 PM

their are about 20,000 americans living in Prague I think. They're everywhere. Lots of brits too. But i think if war broke out in a PACT country most leave or be rounded up and put into interment camps or shot depending on the country. I think it would be a very rare if a not possible thing tbh to find a civilian yank resistance group. then again the odd yank who married and moved to a country that speaks languages could be (but out of say 50 americans and brits that I know here in Prague, only 3 are fluent and the rest know a few czech words...beer, women and how to order a taxi.)
Old 02-22-2009, 02:32 AM

I think one of two things would occur, which might account for 90% of american civilians.

1) there will always be underground ways of getting home, some genuine and others just an easy way to rip off people in need.

2) american civilians may see the distance back home, in these changed times, simply too far and hard. And home wont be what it once was. So they would make the best of wherever they were at the time and put down new roots.

Tags
europe, united states