RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2009, 01:49 AM

Default Riat 2009

Its that time again, I'm off to the Royal International Air Tattoo. Hopefully after last years show being rained off it'll happen this year - fingers crossed! Highlights for me will be the Rafale and the Vulcan. Hopefully have a few decent photos when I get back I'll try and check in over the weekend. Have a good one folks!
Old 07-16-2009, 01:51 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Have fun. Hopefully things will be back to normal when you get back.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:41 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerCCW UK
Its that time again, I'm off to the Royal International Air Tattoo. Hopefully after last years show being rained off it'll happen this year - fingers crossed! Highlights for me will be the Rafale and the Vulcan. Hopefully have a few decent photos when I get back I'll try and check in over the weekend. Have a good one folks!
Remember ya camera
Old 07-16-2009, 04:03 AM

SLR is packed with two 2Gb cards, a 1Gb, a 512Mb and a 128Mb as a backup - reckon it should give me about 1900 shots
Old 07-16-2009, 04:32 AM

Quote:
SLR is packed with two 2Gb cards, a 1Gb, a 512Mb and a 128Mb as a backup - reckon it should give me about 1900 shots
That's awesome. The SLR I was issued with only fired 20 shots.

Oh wait, not that sort of SLR...
Old 07-16-2009, 05:47 AM

Wish it was Targ Should have known better than to use an acronym like that If I say RPG do I mean roleplaying game or rocket propelled grenade
Old 07-16-2009, 06:12 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Talking

Quote:
Wish it was Targ Should have known better than to use an acronym like that If I say RPG do I mean roleplaying game or rocket propelled grenade
SLR with 1900 shots....guess a ridiciously long magazine would be in order....
Old 07-17-2009, 08:43 PM

Isn't it really hard to tattoo air????
Old 07-19-2009, 02:35 AM

Well, the airshow was great yesterday Despite a forecast of heavy showers it stayed warm and dry and I even got a bit of sunburn! Plenty of interesting aircraft both flying and static but I think I have to rate the return of the Vulcan as far and away the most impressive sight of the day. It was an awe inspiring sight to see XH558 take to the skies, all the more so because she is privately owned. Other highlights of the day were the new French Rafale, the Freechi Tricolori (sp?) Italian display team and the Army Air Corps Blue Eagles display team. The Blue Eagles put on a great show and it was great to see my first Apache, but the star of their show was definitely the Lynx - there really is no way to properly describe watcing a helicopter do a loop from a hover I also managed to get a quick look aboard an MC-130 Combat Talon which was very impressive. Nice to see a couple of Warthogs again as well, although they were only on static display. Quick question - now that the A-10 is redesignated OA-10, does it still carry weapons in the observer role?

Picture wise I managed to fill both 2 gig cards, the 1 gig and about half of the 512 meg, which works out at about 3100 shots I'll start working through them when I get home and try and post a few of my favourites here.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:11 AM

Should have also said that I spent a couple of hours on Friday wandering around a nuclear bunker We went to Hack Green, now a cold war museum, but formerly a regional seat of government bunker. I've about 500 shots from it as well if anyones interested in seeing any. It was interesting, but I would sooner have seen the bunker laid out as it was, whereas now its a cold war museum that just happens to be in a bunker. A few of the rooms were set up as they originally would have looked, but most housed exhibits. It was quite chilling though to go into a room that they have set up as a cinema and watch The War Game while in a bunker.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerCCW UK View Post
Should have also said that I spent a couple of hours on Friday wandering around a nuclear bunker We went to Hack Green, now a cold war museum, but formerly a regional seat of government bunker. I've about 500 shots from it as well if anyones interested in seeing any.
You have my attention. Yes, I am very interested in seeing any shots of this facility. Pretty please.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:39 AM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Quick question - now that the A-10 is redesignated OA-10, does it still carry weapons in the observer role?
I believe the A-10A has been "un-redesignated" OA-10A, so it's now the A-10A again -- and they're getting ready to field an upgraded version, the A-10C, with night attack capability and a glass cockpit.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 07-19-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Should have also said that I spent a couple of hours on Friday wandering around a nuclear bunker We went to Hack Green, now a cold war museum, but formerly a regional seat of government bunker. I've about 500 shots from it as well if anyones interested in seeing any.
To echo Targan, would love to see photos of that.

And glad to hear you enjoyed the show...I imagine it must have been awesome to see the Vulcan flying again!
Old 07-19-2009, 04:00 PM

I'll try and sort some pics of Hack Green out for you all as well, although it'll probably be the end of the week or so. I'm not home till Tuesday night and I've taken about 4000 photos so far. I'll get some sorted for you all though. It really does just look like a windowless office building

@Rainbow - It was amazing! First time RIAT has ever sold out, first time XH558 was there - coincidence? There was a massed rush for the flightline when they announced she was about to take off. I've lots of photos of her