RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 06-04-2016, 02:26 PM

Default Organization of (my) Morrow Project

Prime Base – This is the Command center for the Morrow Project. Does not know where Backup Prime base is located. The command unit knows the location and wakeup sequence for every Regional Base, Depot, Group, Station and team. The base has security teams that patrol the surrounding area for threats and maintain the sensors. The base does not serve as the HQ unit of the local Group. If the security team detects encroachment into the area, the local Group is revived and deals with the problem. (The base does not set up a “colony” in support of distressed locals to find out how to help, the local group does that, to maintain secrecy, protecting Prime Base from attack.)

Backup Prime – This is the Alternate command center for the Project. Does not know where Prime Base is located. The command unit knows the location and wakeup sequence for every Regional Base, Group, and all recon teams. The base has security teams that patrol the surrounding area for threats and maintain the sensors. The base does not serve as the HQ unit of the local Group. If the security team detects encroachment into the area, the local Group is revived and deals with the problem. (The base does not set up a “colony” in support of distressed locals to find out how to help, the local group does that, to maintain secrecy, protecting the Backup Base from attack.)

Regional Base – Each is a Command center for one of nine regions within the continental U.S. The command unit knows the wakeup sequence for the depots and groups located within its region. The command unit knows the general area that each group within its region is assigned. It does not know the exact location of any group’s assigned stations or teams. Each regional base has a hospital and a vehicle repair shop attached to the base or located within a half mile of the base.

Depot – Supply center for a regional base. Typically, a region has two depots. Group HQ units, station leaders and team leaders have limited access to supplies from a depot’s automated supply fulfillment outlet. One depot will have the region’s science one vehicle while the other depot houses the region’s MARS one vehicle.

Warehouse Cache – Each region will have a few warehouse caches. There are four types but not all regions will have a cache of each type within its boundaries. The first type is bulk storage of seed, preserved food, medicine, clothing, hand tools and fasteners and vehicles. Most regions will have two bulk storage caches. The second type is OOP storage where the machinery to make out of production material and equipment is stored such as the molds and stamps for the Stoner weapon system, the M116, the M8/M20, etc. Not every region has an OOP cache and no region has more than one OOP cache. The third type of warehouse cache is the legacy cache where weapons, personal equipment, food, etc. that predate the mid 1970’s bolthole refit are stored. The equipment and weapons are generally M1s, M1919A6s, and other Korean War vintage equipment. (One cache is rumored to have fourteen M46 Patton tanks.) Every region has at least one legacy cache. The fourth cache type is the “super” cache where a complete set of equipment to outfit a new recon or MARS team is stored. Each region will have at least two “super” cache bolt holes, most have four. Warehouse caches are marked and buried. Any MP ID card can access a bulk storage, legacy or “super” cache (once uncovered) but only a group, depot, or base leader’s ID card can open an OOP cache.

Group – Two types of groups, community and infrastructure. There is on average one community group per two to three million inhabitants (pre-war). The commander and the executive officer know the wakeup sequence for the stations and teams assigned to the group. Some infrastructure groups deal with repair of pipelines, waterways, rails and roads. Other groups repair refineries, chemical processing plants, smelters, etc. The groups rebuild them into a usable transportation network to facilitate the movement of raw material to fabrication stations and rebuilt factories for the reconstruction of civilization and the U.S.

Station – There are five types of stations: agricultural, communications, fabrication, medical and power. The station leader knows the activation code for its assigned security element, either a recon or a MARS team.

Teams – The book provides details about the different teams.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:06 PM
Internet Intellectual

OOP?
Old 06-04-2016, 04:26 PM

Out of production
The 4th edition refers to the end of Stoner weapon system production and the fact that MP acquired the fabrication equipment and put it into a regional cache (which I call a warehouse cache to distinguish it from a team's cache).
Old 06-04-2016, 05:25 PM

I like the idea of a alternate Prime Base. I ALWAYS questioned the decisions that occurred at the design and operation of Prime.

I was in a game one time where our little Recon team found Alternate Prime.

1) No one there. No "sleepers".
2) Located in south-eastern Kansas.
3) Our team had no clue where Alternate Prime was.
4) A team of frozen watch was encountered. Their bolt hole had been compromised. The TL of the FW had the location of Alternate Prime.
5) It took us weeks of game time to find, enter, and start AP/
6) There was no mention of Phoenix Team in our game.

My $0.02

Mike
Old 06-05-2016, 08:52 AM

What timeline are you working with in your game?
Old 06-05-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke11 View Post
Modified fourth edition timeline (war in 2020) but no meteor strike.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke11 View Post
My game was Version 3. We were Day+ 150 years.

My $0.02

Mike
Old 06-05-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyT0001 View Post
Modified fourth edition timeline (war in 2020) but no meteor strike.
I like this idea. The meteor strike did strike me as a bit much.

My $0.02

Mike