RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 05-28-2009, 06:13 PM

Default Morrow Project Play By Post

Greetings all,

I know I'm new here, however I was wondering if there would be any interest in a Morrow Project Play by Post. I would be willing to GM. I am new to Morrow Project and do not have the rules. I have been digesting the copius amounts of information on the site and several others and really like this setting for a roleplaying game.

I do not have the Morrow Project Rules, but could run this using the Project Phoenix rules or another rules set that I'm familiar with. I have over 20 years of roleplaying experience and 16+ years of service as a grunt/MP in the US Military. I prefer gritty realism and a good story over number crunching and rules lawyering and would like to keep the majority of the game mechanics behind the scenes.

My apologies if I have somehow placed this in the wrong forum.

Thanks for listening to me and I'm looking forward to hearing if there is any interest.

Mike
Old 05-28-2009, 10:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

I would love to play! just let me know what kind of rules set you would want to use. I have d20 Modern (and a HELL of a lot of the books with optional rules that make it a system that is flexible enough to have a first level character FUN to play). I also have a bunch of other systems as well (all on PDF) that i can share with others if they are interested or needing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester1-1
Greetings all,

I know I'm new here, however I was wondering if there would be any interest in a Morrow Project Play by Post. I would be willing to GM. I am new to Morrow Project and do not have the rules. I have been digesting the copius amounts of information on the site and several others and really like this setting for a roleplaying game.

I do not have the Morrow Project Rules, but could run this using the Project Phoenix rules or another rules set that I'm familiar with. I have over 20 years of roleplaying experience and 16+ years of service as a grunt/MP in the US Military. I prefer gritty realism and a good story over number crunching and rules lawyering and would like to keep the majority of the game mechanics behind the scenes.

My apologies if I have somehow placed this in the wrong forum.

Thanks for listening to me and I'm looking forward to hearing if there is any interest.

Mike
Old 05-29-2009, 05:02 PM

Default Rules

Nate,

Good to see there is some interest. I kind of figured you might be interested from all the work you have put in on this site with the Morrow Project. Some very interesting and GM helpful writing and drawings.

As far as rules go, I do not own any of the D20 or D&D products, although I have participated as a player in a few D&D campaigns over the years.

I have access to the Phoenix project Rules I downloaded here,

The Basic Role playing System (BRP) used by the Call of Cthulhu game.

Harnmaster (I don't have gunmaster gold )

Rolemaster with the firearms rules (although I have not trotted this complicated system out in years)

GURPS Lite free download

Blue Planet

What sort of PDF;'s do you have available. Keep in mind it has been my experience that with Play By post a simpler system keeps things from bogging down too much and allows the adventure to progress.

Do you think we can find a few others interested in the Morrow project to join up? I assume you'd like to play the members of a Recon team...?
What type of character are you interested in?

Thanks
Old 05-30-2009, 11:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

As soon as i can get a chance i'll post a URL to where i keep some of the PDFs so you can take a look at them. they are pretty simple. i can post a sample of a few characters i had created for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester1-1
Nate,

Good to see there is some interest. I kind of figured you might be interested from all the work you have put in on this site with the Morrow Project. Some very interesting and GM helpful writing and drawings.

As far as rules go, I do not own any of the D20 or D&D products, although I have participated as a player in a few D&D campaigns over the years.

I have access to the Phoenix project Rules I downloaded here,

The Basic Role playing System (BRP) used by the Call of Cthulhu game.

Harnmaster (I don't have gunmaster gold )

Rolemaster with the firearms rules (although I have not trotted this complicated system out in years)

GURPS Lite free download

Blue Planet

What sort of PDF;'s do you have available. Keep in mind it has been my experience that with Play By post a simpler system keeps things from bogging down too much and allows the adventure to progress.

Do you think we can find a few others interested in the Morrow project to join up? I assume you'd like to play the members of a Recon team...?
What type of character are you interested in?

Thanks
Old 05-30-2009, 03:20 PM

Default Url

Sounds good. If you have already created characters for the Morrow project in a specific system and I can get a handle on the rules, that sounds like the way to go.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:51 AM

Default Movement

Any movement on this? If a rules system is going to hang us up I can "black box " it. Running all the rules behind the scenes so the players can strictly roleplay and enjoy the setting for what is... awesome

I'll probably run this over on RPOL. Let me know. If anyone besides Nate is reading, of course there is still plenty of room for the Recon team.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:35 AM

Sorry for the delay... i've not completely recovered from the physical aspects from my trip to the UK... the flight back was extremely cramped. :|

http://www.digifruit.com/aimi/natehale/Private/
Old 06-07-2009, 02:13 PM

Wow! thats a ton of materiel you've got posted there. If I want to learn the basics about d20 Modern where do I start? the Darwin's world PDF?

Is that the system you would prefer to use for the game?

Thanks
Old 06-07-2009, 03:41 PM

Go with the basic classes PDF... that has the basics of the system in it. it's the d20 Modern SRD that tells you how the system works, and how to create a character. the distinctions and flaws PDF allows for customization as well... but hold off on reading that until you've read the basic classes pdf.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:55 PM

Default Character Concept

Alright. Thanks for that. Narrows it down some. I'll try to digest those 78 pages soon.

As I'm doing that I'd like to start thinking a bit more focussed on the campaign I'll be running.

Would you mind providing a character concept. You seem fond of that Speight guy....

I'm not looking for stats, just a general concept about the personality, goals, skills and background of the man you intend to play.

Thanks and I'm quite looking forward to this.