RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2009, 03:14 PM

Default The United Kingdom In The Twilight War

Evening all,

As I've mentioned on a few occasions in the past, one of the biggest disappointments for me was the Survivors Guide to the UK. It just seemed to fall well short of the mark in a number of ways, and for the past six months or so I've been working on my own alternative version. I have tried to follow the basic tenets of the original, with some changes, e.g. having the Capital in Oxford rather than Portsmouth, utilising onshore oilfields rather than offshore, and reducing considerably the amount of time spent under Martial Law. I've also totally changed the situation in Northern Ireland, and placed the south east of England in a state of anarchy.

It's still very much a work in progress, and will remain so for some months (at least!), however I thought I'd post what I had so far - basically a somewhat enhanced timeline (working on canon 1.0 timeline), an orbat for British and US forces in the UK as of 01 August 2000, some details on the Security Service and 2nd Infantry Brigade (in time I hope to have something similar for each major formation). There is more to come, but I hope you find this of interest and I'd welcome any comments / feedback that you may have. I'll be glad to answer any questions anyone has.

Finally, thanks to Tigger for sharing some insights on Northern Ireland and Dude UK who used to post on the old boards for contributing some ideas and general inspiration - some of the work on the timeline is his.

Cheers

Dave
Attached Files
File Type: doc UK 1996 - 2000.doc (82.5 KB, 548 views)
File Type: doc HMG Armed Forces 01 August 2000.doc (98.0 KB, 461 views)
File Type: doc US Armed Forces, 01 August 2000.doc (66.0 KB, 400 views)
File Type: doc The Security Service.doc (47.0 KB, 301 views)
File Type: doc 2nd Infantry Brigade Notes.doc (119.5 KB, 335 views)

Tags
countries, europe, locations, united kingdom, western europe