RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2010, 11:55 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default John Butler Trio

kcdusk 12-05-2005, 02:14 AM For all you West Aussie boys, I'm driving to Adelaide tuesday morning at 6am to get there in time for the JBT, who are playing tuesday and wednesday night here.

I think John is from WA, or there abouts. Looking forward to seeing his show, i was at Big Day Out in January and seen him play there also. The wife will be with me this time, we are both big fans.

Targan 12-05-2005, 02:16 AM Cool, rock on! I, too, am a John Butler Trio fan. A former girlfriend was friends with Butler when they went to school together in Margaret River, WA. I saw him perform at the last Big Day Out as well. Congratulations on having fine taste in music.

kcdusk 12-05-2005, 02:27 AM Aghr, no need for congratulations, the music is its own reward. Got a good few hours drive in the car to get to Adelaide so we'll have the MP3 player cycling through his songs.

Concert is at Thebby Theatre, old style place almost like a pub, polished hard wood floors.

At BDO my mate and I waited 2 hours in line to get an autograph when the big bouncer came down the line and said "he's signing no more". The line might have been a good 50m long at that point. Everyone left, to see other bands.

We both sort of milled around the gate, kicking the dirt. Another guy sticks his head over then dissappers. We called out, but no response, so we jumped on the gate and called the guy back.

He said awrigh, 2 more. We both got in. Last ones to see em. They signed my mates Live CD which he took to BDO with him in case we got signatures. I got my BDO T signed by the whole band. Even got a great picture of the Trio signing our gear. I got the pic blown up and it went stright into the pool room.

Targan 12-05-2005, 02:29 AM Oh man, that's pure gold! Great BDO story. I am jealous.

Targan 12-05-2005, 04:00 AM I am fairly under the weather here at work after attending the Rock-It music festival here in Perth yesterday. Got to see Oasis and the Foo Fighters, and lots and lots of extremely attractive, inebriated and scantily clad young ladies. I might have consumed just a little too much of a few varieties of happy juice, too. Whoops. I was impressed at the efficiency of the Foo Fighters, as I did not encounter a single Foo all day.

kcdusk 12-06-2005, 09:46 PM Just back from Adelaide, great show.

About 3 or 4 songs in the drummer goes over to JB, JB laughs at whatever is said. Then JB turns to the crowd and says. Next song is peachs. Michael (the drummer) has suggested we do peachs without the aid of electricity. <crowd roars> You'll have to be quiet, shhhh. The crowd dies down pretty quickly, except for a couple of guys up the back who have got some beer courage up and they keep yelling stuff out. JB wont start till the place is quiet. Took longer than it should have but a great version of Peachs, with the guys all unplugged (especially John, who walked over to the edge of the stage and didnt unplug his guiter and starts dragging his mic and shit all over the place before a roadie can untangle him.

Betterman was great, the bass was unreal, drummer went off on his solo also.

Pick of the songs for me though was Hello, best i've ever heard it, best song on the night, again the drummer made it.

JB also played Oceans, which was great to see him play solo using his guitar as a drum and also a foot peddle hooked up to a drum noise.

Targan 12-06-2005, 11:21 PM I'm jealous. Good work!