RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 10-19-2010, 06:44 AM
Volunteer Timeline Errata Coord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBraden View Post
yeah, I tend to resize and trace over them, makes it easier when you have a few fiddly parts, also makes sure you do not put the headlights in the wrong place.
L,

I see what you mean, it's hard to find line-art with the squared-off nose instead of the rounded ones of the earlier model. As for the details, even scales, bear in mind Morrow Industries (and its subsidiaries known and unknown) will be manufacturing these designs, usually under licence. So if they want to stretch the wheelbase of the XR311 to make it more like the Lambourghini Cheetah version, they can!

Here are some Unimog line art pictures for reference:

http://www.unimog.net/articles/ince/404radio.gif

http://www.eioc.de/images/unimog_404.gif

http://www.unimogcentre.com/pageimag...itshedimen.jpg

http://www.the-blueprints.com/bluepr...unimog-404.gif

http://www.the-blueprints.com/bluepr...1954-14374.jpg

http://classicunimogs.com/images/diag_404b.gif

http://www.waffen.pistol-revolver.de.../db_unimog.jpg

http://www.the-blueprints.com/bluepr...ruck-1955a.gif

Not exactly line art but what I imagine the armed Unimogs for MPCanada look like:

http://www.3dexport.com/blog/wp-cont...0/unimog02.jpg

Tony

Last edited by helbent4; 10-21-2010 at 03:27 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:33 PM

I actually thought you were going to PM me them mate, but, okay, will see what I can make out of them, though, oddly, it seems that its front is slightly more rounded that I remember, and lets not forget

I am calling that done for now, yes its slightly bigger, but I could not work out how the 6 wheeled ATV, HAAM suits and micro-light are stored, unless they are stored up top, but there ya go.

EDIT: I just realized. this is the FIRST tracked vehicle I have ever started and completed.... but then again, when my last tracked project was a modification of the Panzer L1500, kinda understandable.

Mostly a sci-fi nut, who plays a few PC games.
I do some technical and vehicle drawings in my native M20 scale. - http://braden1986.deviantart.com/

Last edited by LBraden; 10-19-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
I actually thought you were going to PM me them mate, but, okay, will see what I can make out of them, though, oddly, it seems that its front is slightly more rounded that I remember, and lets not forget
Sorry for any miscommunication, my thought was to either post or PM and as I wasn't aware of a preference I went with what I figured was easiest. Would you like for me to delete the post or convert images to links to clean up the thread? You should have the pictures already, anyways.

At any rate, love the Sci-One. Nice job! The Unimogs line-art I dug up are probably older models but suitable enough for a version produced in the 80's.

Tony

Last edited by helbent4; 10-20-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:13 AM

I hit a bit of a creative slump, so I just put these together on a page for peeps to use on small vehicles, or places (possibly even as patches on M100 scale people - http://www.swdesignalliance.com/foru...p?topic=1081.0 )

I do some technical and vehicle drawings in my native M20 scale. - http://braden1986.deviantart.com/
Old 10-24-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:

I hit a bit of a creative slump, so I just put these together on a page for peeps to use on small vehicles, or places (possibly even as patches on M100 scale people - http://www.swdesignalliance.com/foru...p?topic=1081.0 )
Lee,

These seem nice, but some of the nomenclature seems military in nature. The Project is a private organisation, I would think it has "divisions", not "corps", for example. (While the name "division" is technically that of a military unit it's not quite the same in this context.)

As well, replacements are usually called "Frozen Watch". Not all replacements are FW because some will be deployed in installations, but FW are organised into field teams and deployed in independent bunkers that could (and probably should) be issued vehicles.

Basically, great work!

Tony
Old 11-08-2010, 05:17 PM

After a quick game with Tony, I thought it was worth punching this lot of random musings on here, quite a bit of it is linked into Morrow Project.

--------------------------------------------

Main entrance done with heavy blast doors for access to interior as tunnel done up like Cheyenne
One side for storage of MARS one and SCI one, as well as other vehicles. Next to that would be housing, industrial and medical storage.
Other side for the main living and CIC of the project along with mass internal storage of smaller items and also possibly other Spec teams in cryo for when they are required.
More than likely put in a remote area along with 2 outside teams that act as front line till the base is fully operational, then as reccy teams afterwards.

MARS one, SCI one, sub-vehicles, APC, IFV, Jeep, light mortars and other SPG's, trailers, helicopters, light planes and trucks.

There will also be flat pack, modular and easy to transport buildings such as hospitals, single and family dwellings, guard posts, basic shops, and light factories, storage silos and masses of tents for instant use when required.

Ammunition and weapons may require a large rethink as to the situations of space and long life/maintenance with low to no industrial sector.

There could also be a main airbase or ability to use an existing runway for possibly one or two larger craft such as C-130 or equivalent to transport mass materials quickly in case of damage or destroyed roads and rail networks.

Train and rail services could be utilized for an "outside base" with abandoned tracks leading to a "semi-prime" base, which would have a train with enough supplies to replace a total 250 miles of tracks, this is to make mass transit quicker and easier, due to the vastness of the NA continent and the amount of stuff required to rebuild.

Regional Command bases can carry a lot of the equipment and duties from Prime Base, this also serves to de-centralize the CIC and could re-route commands in case of nuclear damage/disruption to PB due to a miss-targeting or sabotage.

Storage boltholes are built in various sizes ranging from 8 cubic meters to much larger and advanced "Delta" base where they hold practically everything required outside of basic supplies.

Living boltholes come in a few sizes and are built in semi-private areas such as off main motorways or outside the suburbs of large cities, they are more designed to be medical and as a form of "hub" for the local teams as to protect them from the weather. These living boltholes can range in size from 5 to 100 man bases, and can hold virtually any medical equipment available.

Spare vehicles and trailers are more likely store at "Delta" bases, some areas could have a couple of spare vehicles in boltholes.

More advanced bases such as Prime has to be reduced from the original, due to the whole "eggs in one basket" situation. Secondary command centres could be used, but are in lock-down till the code from either automated PB systems or manual verification. This could also be tied into an emergency timer system that auto wakes up the team if a return signal is not received, this timer could be set to any length, possibly 150 years in case the system detects bio-warfare spores in the local area, allowing most of of the NBC weapons to die-out, this situation could result in a high-chance of the vast majority of American citizens to have been killed by the plague, and may mean more re-population work to be started at the same time as the economic rebuild.

The NBC total death of humanity in a way could be setup as a form of backup situation that was explored as a worse case scenario, but was not given a full look due to the highly rare chance of this happening at all with the known weapons of the time.

One suspicion is that Morrow Industries had a single use cryo-station placed in orbit with 2 teams in place. This base could have even been placed on the moon. However this is probably fictitious because of the 5 year plan of Morrow had for the collapse of mankind via WW 3.

There are also 3 Communications Satellite launch stations in the US that Morrow Ind. owned in one way, these contained 3 satellites each with a simple launcher to get them into orbit, rumours persist of a form of capture satellite that uses magnetic fields to clear debris from destroyed satellites.

Vault-tech designs are used as a form of survival bunker for 500 - 2,000 people, however these do have flaws that did not become apparent until the collapse, some have cryo-sleep systems, others had faults with survival systems, and others were to be locked completely with no hope of reopening, sometimes without the knowledge of the base command staff.

Morrow Teams do have some idea of these vaults, but not any of the true nature. Rules dictate that teams are to open the vaults to assist the survivors as soon as it is clear of biological or radioactive contamination, some vaults can be used by Morrow Teams for extra supplies, but only if their normal caches have been raided or inaccessible.

Russia also looked into a style of Morrow, but only for Polit Bureau and hard line communists, to carry on the fight for Mother Russia.
One problem with this was that it was only a few hundred personnel with equipment against thousands of annoyed and surviving Soviet people, meaning the majority were on their own. This caused a situation where the surviving conscripts ended up shooting these teams on sight, after executing their surviving Political Officers, because it was a great disrespect to their homeland that these "chosen" communists survived where thousands of every day communists died when the bombs fell.

Europe also faired badly in the nuclear exchange, however their governments survived mostly intact enough to rearrange and become more cohesive countries, England owed to the island nature took longer to rebuild and were less integral to the new "European Nation", but after a while were able to join up and became a major player due to its surviving naval and military assets, along with some technological bases that survived due to random good luck. One major asset of the British was the old situation to quickly adapt and also the WW 2 situation of being able to "make fighters in every piano factory and garden shed in the country".

China being one of the main aggressors that caused WW3 ended up with loosing the vast majority of its population to the nuclear winter, radiation and destruction of most of its infrastructure.
The fact of that most of china was "self sufficient" farmers with virtually no technology meant that it should have survived, however due to the severity of the nuclear winter, crops died out very quickly.

Last edited by LBraden; 07-10-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:15 PM

Nate,

Glad you were able to participate and liked the game!

Some of my thoughts are as follows. Bear in mind I like the canon background, so I try to keep things similar if not exactly the same.

Prime: set up poorly in many respects, but maybe there were factors we don't understand. Like, according to TM 1-1 Morrow traveled to the future at least once to check up on the Project and bring back future tech. Maybe he saw an unforseen need to centralise the Project to such a ridiculous extent?

Either way, there are supposed to be up to ten permanent depots (Tm 1-1, pg. 34). These would make excellent regional facilities!

"The second type of installation [after Prime Base] is that of a permanent depot/base... A purpose of such bases is to resupply and support the Morrow Project teams as needed. They carry complete stocks of materials and equipment. The stocks included the materials to help start man back on the road to civilisation and include construction equipment as well as full libraries on microfilm. The MARS-ONE vehicles are stationed in such bases and include very large arsenals of weapons and ammunition..."

Added: These installations could be either manned or unmanned. I would think these depots could be a mix. That is, parts are manned while there are automated industrial facilities as an ultimate fall-back in case the nation's industrial infrastructure was completely destroyed (which is, in fact, what happens).

I've also thought about a Soviet version of the Morrow Project, manned by KGB mobile divisions to make certain the survival of the Communist Party and Soviet Union. It would be called "Proyekta Beliy Medved" ("Project Polar Bear") and be made up of two main installations, one in the Caucases and the other located in the Urals and manned by Red Army troops transferred to KGB control:

"In 1990, several army divisions were transferred to the KGB: the 103rd Vitebsk Guards Paratrooper Division, the Seventy-Fifth Nakhichevan Motor Rifle Division, the Forty-Eighth Motor Rifle Division and the Twenty-Seventh Motor Rifle Brigade numbering a total of 23,767 officers, sergeants and soldiers." - KGB: The State Within the State. Obviously a little late for our purposes but if even two such divisions were relocated to Beliy Medved facilities that would suffice for some kind of post-war political control.

The cryotube technology was stolen by KBG moles within the Morrow Project (called "Morzhi" or "walruses", after the people who like swimming in ice holes). These post-war control installations were destroyed in a Russian civil war after WWIII thus cutting off control of KGB agents in North American and the Project. Krell is one such agent, now waging a one-man war to destroy the Morrow Project and gain control the USA (although this is more of a secondary goal).

Tony

Last edited by helbent4; 11-08-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:33 AM

Sorry to resurrect this dead-ish thread, but I recently did something up

Best I can do with bad image searches.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:25 PM

Well, I finally got round to doing the MARS One, shading is not the best it could be, but I have done my best to shoe-horn in enough to make it look like it could be what the "dreamers" come up with.

And I think I should add an old quote my father told me to my signature, just because of this "Dreamers dream, the architects draw the dream, and the engineer slaps them both round the head and call them idiots"

Last edited by LBraden; 07-10-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:44 AM

Sorry to double post guys. but I got a couple of little mods, would like some suggestions on the styles.

I did that up after seeing some models that had the MARS split into 2 vehicles, thought I would see what a few people think of it.

This is a "What If" that I decided to do up, after seeing lots of people using the Landmaster as a form of "MARS-Two" vehicle, wondering what a larger form would look like.

Any suggestions, changes, and such just post them, I am going to be working on these slowly.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:28 PM

I was doing a bit of googling for ideas and found this website, shame it does not have any info, but its a possibility for some MP games, maybe even T2K.

http://blog.rocketbase.co.uk/tag/bunker/

Old 09-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Internet Intellectual

Hi,

I am going to steal this as an Idea for either Snake Eaters as an Bravo or Charlie Unit.

Maybe as a MP Frozen Watch or Listening Post.

Something that was buried and hardened near a major urban area that would be desirable to resurrect because location. Say Kansas City because of all the vital transportation links that pass through.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:27 AM

Aye, it looks like it has everything ya need to live there too, but I will get round to doing some more images soon, just working on a few other things, plus I have a couple of friends who are looking to do a "updated" TMP, so I am also trying to design a "text based comms and sat nav" system for them, and a separate gun system, possibly a CROWS based system.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Aye, it looks like it has everything ya need to live there too, but I will get round to doing some more images soon, just working on a few other things, plus I have a couple of friends who are looking to do a "updated" TMP, so I am also trying to design a "text based comms and sat nav" system for them, and a separate gun system, possibly a CROWS based system.
Does look good. May the center of a wheel without spokes? A ring of facilities but not connected by tunnels.

Makes for a good standalone structure that would be for the Regular Army personnel on loan to Special Forces. Small arms repair, radio repair, Cooks, mail clerk, Intelligence section, Supply, riggers, etc. The C team element.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Internet Intellectual

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...row%20Project/

You were looking for some of this stuff to make models from?
Old 12-02-2011, 01:39 PM

Aye, those are a big help, just suffering with creative block, have been for over a year, hopefully I can start drawing again soon.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:56 AM

I was just sat reading Tuvie that I frequent daily and noticed this on the main page

http://www.tuvie.com/mobile-station-...-environments/

I think that the Project may have come up with something similar, your thoughts/suggestions?